• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

3 months progress, how am I going? (1 Viewer)

Oliver04

HSC
@ Halcyon Sky- I don't mind packing on some fat to get up to 90 - 95kg, then cutting back down. Mainly training for size and strength, I want to big and defined though (the Arnie look that everyone strives for). I hate doing hypertrophy training programs though, I like to go in to the gym and push to see how heavy I can lift.
Tim you should look into powerlifting. Not all powerlifters are fatasses:

Just lift for strength and keep your bodyfat below 15%.

Fuck symmetry. Go for mass.

Tim035

HSC
The Misc had me in tears in the library today.

- The bump of Monte the frog / misc mascot
- The Misc anonymous confessions
- The photochops of Clive in to various movies
- The photochops of that guy posing with his neck sticking out

If my GPA crashes this semester, I'm blaming misc!

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Good work mate, better results than me and I have been at it for 6 months. except, i have gained bout 10 kg(not all muscle)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
I drink milk throughout the day so it usually isn't an issue, however if you aren't used to it or don't have easy access to it I would suggest post workout shake = 1Lmilk, before bed another 1L shake and the other L up to you
is milk ur staple BB food?

quik.

HSC
is milk ur staple BB food?
Anything I can get my hands on, really. I love chinese new year cos the asian friends always have heaps of leftovers so I live like a king for a few days

Milk is just fairly cheap and convenient (making a shake takes ~2minutes and is a big hit of calories)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
whats your weights schedule, vanush?
4-5 days a week u know, the usual,

back
bis and tris
chest
legs
shoulders

changin up exercises, compound exercises first

fucing legs are seriously lagging though haha gotta work on that

everyone on the net though seems to do the 5 x 5 rippetoe/etc stuff, with squats, bench & deadlift. feel like im missin out

Oliver04

HSC
everyone on the net though seems to do the 5 x 5 rippetoe/etc stuff, with squats, bench & deadlift. feel like im missin out
Considering I'm gonna have a 550kg+ total come years end with 5 reps and 700kg by the end of next year, I'd say you are :)

edit: tbh the above's not so great. Exams knock me off lifting for a week and I really pussyfooted around trying to fix problems with my form that didn't exist. I should have been 600kg+ by the end of this year.

Last edited:

russs

yeeeee
HSC
I really wish I had a before and after photo I could put up (as I'd be interested personally), however all I can provide right now are the changes in my lifts. These are all my 5 rep maxes as I'm currently on Star's 5x5:

Start:
Bench - 75kg
Squat - 65kg
Rows - 57.5kg
Dead lift - 80kg

3 months:
Bench - 100kg
Squat - 110kg
Rows - 77.5kg
Dead lift - 125kg

I feel as if these are all decent increases, however I'm concerned over the fact that I've really only moved the scale 1.5 - 2kg over this time period :(
Great results dude.

Your bench is monstrous compared to your squat and dead. Either you have really short stubby arms, or you are slacking a bit on the other 2 lifts.

Keep up the good work.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
The Misc had me in tears in the library today.

- The bump of Monte the frog / misc mascot
- The Misc anonymous confessions
- The photochops of Clive in to various movies
- The photochops of that guy posing with his neck sticking out

If my GPA crashes this semester, I'm blaming misc!

Hahaha i know eh...

"I am Legend" chop..... "I Skip Legday" "The last man on earth, was eaten by Clive, for his Proteinz"!!!!!

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Are you aware I have a ritual called 'terminator'. I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

link to original thread My Terminator Shower Ritual - Bodybuilding.com Forums

epic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)