• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

3 Mobile Phone Upgrade (1 Viewer)

joe_rulez37

HSC
Has anyone taken up the 3 Mobile Upgrade offer? In the offer, they bribe you with a free phone if you're an existing member who's still using CDMA. The reason is because they want you to switch to using "3".

Here's the link: http://www2.three.com.au/cdma/pages/default.aspx?id=3&PageID=448

There's currently an offer of upgrading to a Motorola V3x at a 12 month plan with a monthly fee of $22 ($22 worth of calls included as well as 150 free texts). Technically, that should mean that all up, the minimum spending amount spent should be 22x12=$264. However, this seems to be too good to be true as the phone itself is currently around $400.

There must be a catch somewhere. My question is... what is the catch?

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
the catch is that that particular motorola is a shit phone.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think since the phone is locked for the 2 years, since its a 2 year contract, thats the main reason why it is soo cheap

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
ooh is this the new black one on 3? i totalli love that fone hehe it rox! but like my parents wont let me get it until like christmas cos they r sick of payin my phone bills cos they r alwayz too high!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
They havn't offered me a upgradge yet and I've been with them for about 15months.

P

Pauline Hanson

They sent me a letter in the mail.. I wasn't keen for some unknown reason.

Probably because it was like my shopping trolley... murdered.. My groceries just gone.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I upgraded from organge to three with the a1000 for a $33/month for 2 years deal.

So far everything is pretty cool, except the reception coverage seems worse with 3. No big hidden costs.

Ac

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Lord Ac said:
I upgraded from organge to three with the a1000 for a $33/month for 2 years deal.

So far everything is pretty cool, except the reception coverage seems worse with 3. No big hidden costs.

Ac
i beat you with my $14/month for 12 months! LG u8360, good fone but a bit bricky.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hahaha, hope you enjoy lugging around that brick for 2 years!

joe_rulez37

HSC
Cheers everyone, thanks for the replies. Just another question: at the end of the 12 month contract, do you get to keep the phone? It doesn't specify on their terms and conditions

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
of course you get to keep the fone! you've paid for it therefore it's yours.

then you have a choice of keep using the phone or get a new phone, which u should think about in 12 months time.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I upgraded my LGU8120 to a Nokia 6280 the other day. man the camera is beautiful !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)