2u Maths was hard! (1 Viewer)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
I gave me Q10 to a mate of mine in 4u which hes a gun at to see if he can crack it...ive learned three things from him:

1. Xuan and Yventte must be changed since those names are 'unaustralian'

2. Only a queer would go to a cafe twice in a week

3. The question was harder than the shit he had in his 4u exam =/

arooshika...

HSC
i hated the maths exam so much that i was about to cry when they said 'pens down'

however, to make myself happy, on the question paper that we could take home i wrote 'board of studies are idiots' and left it on the table!

aaaman

Banned
HSC
i found out who wrote question ten, it was a professor from a uni....typical of them to fuck us up :|

Garlic

HSC
Questions 8, 9 and 10 i lost basically all the marks..lol i wrote NON-ATTEMPT on question 8 and then tried to explain my way through some of the questions they asked..what were they snorting when they wrote that...u can imagine,..."hey BOS writers..u rekon we can fuk up everybody's lives by making the maths exam impossible to do?!"..."what a good idea!"......................

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Garlic said:
Questions 8, 9 and 10 i lost basically all the marks..lol i wrote NON-ATTEMPT on question 8 and then tried to explain my way through some of the questions they asked..what were they snorting when they wrote that...u can imagine,..."hey BOS writers..u rekon we can fuk up everybody's lives by making the maths exam impossible to do?!"..."what a good idea!"......................
,..."hey BOS writers..u rekon we can fuk up everybody's lives by making the maths exam impossible to do?!"..."what a good idea!"...................... ----say that 2 them on their hotline, go on u wont do it

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
Bad Student Boy said:
Okay guys stop finger painting and sit with your legs crossed in front of the teacher I will give you the 911 on this.

It was a rather damp morning this morning. Cold. I didn't want to sit this exam, but I had to. Anyway... to cut a long story short I got dressed and took my tricycle along the freeway to my small sized country school.

Mrs McMillan, ever the headmistress informed me that I would need to remove the viking costume I had dressed myself in. Unhappily I retired to the traditional school uniform made of flax & bamboo. In the final minutes before the exams I recited my times tables. Can't get enough of them BABY!

Anyway we got the papers. A few paper planes and a new exam paper later I was on my way. Reading through the exam I realised two things very quickly. I really am a sexy beast when wearing a viking costume and secondly, my year 9 woodwork course will not assist me with this exam.

WHAT MANNER OF EVIL IS THIS!

I don't want to sound like Alf off Home and Away but Flamin' Stuth Coleen this exam was hard. Then I sat down and thought about the advice my wise cousin had given me. Known in the brains of the family, Geoffery, scored a family high * in last years HSC exam. His words of advice rung through my ears like a mobile telephone "The Maths exam is just the same as the English exam".

So then it hit me journeys!

Sure the examinor will wonder what on earth my trip down to the shops to get milk has to do with prime numbers in an algerbraic formula. But dammit it was the best exam I have ever written. Seriously.

Anyway I must go, now that my father has kicked me out of the house for shaming the family I am limited to 15 minutes at the local internet cafe.

Toodles.

This post requires more recognition <3

chinkyeye

HSC
i didn't studee that ahrd cos i am leet and bestest in the state and ranked number 1 and can do any amths equation u want me to do, i'm so good i'm better than all of u wannabe math leets, but this exma was ahrd but i'm gonna beat all of u neway

console

The only fings i stuffed up was app of sequences and series and prob question 10 b. The first part in ques 9 was pretty easy if u knew ur trig....all in all it wasnt too bad...with the parabola, all u had to understand was that the identity (a-b) = sqrt (a + b)^2 - 4ab. Oh well @ least i completed 9a which was a killa.....Besides they are bound to scale our marks up anyways so i wouldnt worry too much about it....just nail all ur other exams!! :)

franga

HSC
dd

The 2 unit test was not that hard. i do 2 unit not three unit and did not much of it hard. there is an article in the 26th of october telegraph sayin how the test needed three unit skills for questions 8 9 and 10.

for the record question 8 only needed pythagorous's theroem, volume of a cylinder formula and the ability to differentiate. now if thats 3 unit then i shoulda been sittin a three unit test in year 9.

Q9. The question on the particcles. if youd done past papers there is at least one of these questions in everyone. even trials. so this was not hard at all. all you had to do was integrate. b) just required you to use the sine rule a few times and then use trig identities and shit to get it as 6sec(theoter)than(theoter).

ps. cant spell theoter.

Q10.a0 was simply using distance formula with alpha and beta. they made it easier for you by factorising it for you in a)ii). and then at the end just differentiate and prove its a maximum at those points.

b) was simply probability with a twist. the twist being it was on a graph. which does mean shit cause the graph goes to one and wat does probability go to??? thats right ONE.

This test was not of three unit standard. and if youd studied, and if you couldnt get the questions the bad luck if ya tried ya best then who cares. im not rubbin it in by sayin that by the way. and the bloke sayin it was a long test. i had an hour to do question 10 and ive done the exact same work load as you. i dont do three unit. so dont blame your failure of time management on the test.

peace out.

al_caponeau

2 unit sucked ass especially question 9 and 10. If those two stupid people in question 9 or 10 (i forget) made sure that they met on time like they should have, then no one would have had to do that god damn question

chin music

HSC
N/A
chinkyeye said:
nah first past of 8 n 10 were ahrdest
First part of 8!! That was like the easiest question in the test. They told u wat u had to find in both parts so it was hell easy. First part of 10 was hard during the exam coz i was running out of time coz i had questions to go back to and apparantley thats what BOS wanted to happen. But looking back on it, it really wasnt that hard. I reckon the other part of 10 was easy to but i fuckn hate worded questions so i didnt have a clue what to do until 2 days after the exam wen i looked at it again. Fuckn Xuan and whatever the other guys name was.

HSC
N/A
it was f-- tight! some hard question even in the 1 - 7 questions ... like i doubt many can say that got 100% within those .. the diagram question was definitely hard to udnerstand ... question 9 part of it was hard first bti was alrite ... man that test was whacked thats all i can say ... =-)

GemLeM

Rhubarb
HSC
arooshika... said:
however, to make myself happy, on the question paper that we could take home i wrote 'board of studies are idiots' and left it on the table!
10 points for you =P
I think that is a very good way to exercise your freedom of speech in non-violent protest.

And wow - that was indeed a disgusting exam. I felt like mouldy fruit as I walked out. Smelly, rotten, mouldy fruit, which someone [namely the BOS] had sneezed all over and juiced, only to throw my seeds at my depressed, smelly, pulpy remains.

And then I read that everyone hated it and I felt better because that makes for promising scaling.

But then I noticed most people had difficulty from question 8 onwards.
The vultures started circling for my during question 5.

And I found every other exam quite enjoyable.
Math not a bad chap, all said and done, but he sure does have a nasty streak.
I just though I was on his good side!
Evidently that.

Either that, or some cruel creature brainwashed him and made him turn against me, breaking my heart as my love and devotion was thrown back in my face like the innersole of an old sneaker that an odourous sweat monster had worn for all of its smelly, smelly life. As the thud of this offensive smelling object hit me square in the jaw I realised my insides were bruised like a banana that has been kicked around on a sunny day, and that was the moment - the moment I realised - it was over.
[yes - I am still talking about math].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)