2u Maths was hard! (1 Viewer)

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Trials was nothing compared to this paper...There was a diagram on every single page from page 5 onwards. :(

And Question 10 was an essay! I tried skimming in my last 5 minutes...but that didn't work...:(

Lahzy

HSC
Yeah that test was pretty shit especially q8. But wat bout that first Q7 with that answer that involved simple year 4 maths. Pretty fuckin annoyin considering that Q8 was bullshit.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
it was straightforward..

Nothing to hard really about it, if u knew ur stuff [excluding q10] u shuda done well, there wasnt really much 'application to problems'

q1-6 i should have full marks and from then on i dont think i lost much at all, possibly itegrated the displacement wrong in 8 and mucked up something in the area in number 9.
10 being 10... is always a problem, so i went meh, tried to scab some marks and checked back over the paper.

Overall.. I rate it not hard, and fairly straight forward. Compared to otheryears easier.

HSC
-Swifty- said:
it was straightforward..

Nothing to hard really about it, if u knew ur stuff [excluding q10] u shuda done well, there wasnt really much 'application to problems'

q1-6 i should have full marks and from then on i dont think i lost much at all, possibly itegrated the displacement wrong in 8 and mucked up something in the area in number 9.
10 being 10... is always a problem, so i went meh, tried to scab some marks and checked back over the paper.

Overall.. I rate it not hard, and fairly straight forward. Compared to otheryears easier.

q10 was really weird. i managed to get through a) pretty good but struggled through b).

mang

pikto said:
oh hell yes, that was the hardest paper i've seen, ive done everything from 1986 - 2004, and that paper was hell. i couldnt remember how to do 1 (b)
PIKTO? i have not your pillow

Omg, The Test Was So Gay........if I Didnt Know, I Would've Thought I Was Sitting The 2 Unit Test........my Life Is Screwed Now........................all Hopes 4 Uni Gone!!!!!!!!!!

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
I did all the past papers from 93 to 2004 and this was the hardest paper, 2003 was hard, but this was worse, I think this paper was close to 93 in difficulty and that was a tough one.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
10 was fucked

9 was tricky, u needed the sin rule to get it

8 was tricky

1 - 7 was normal like u expect with in an exam

hipPo3

HSC
o
m
f
g

ive done done all the past papers since 1987 and that by far was the hardest fucking exam i have ever done ..

how can anyone not miss a Q from that ? .. my god, i didnt even have time to check..

jd-angel

HSC
Definatley agree. That test was really hard, esp Q's 8, 9 and 10. I was goin alrite till i got to them, and then i just lost track of time. What the hell was with 10 a, it just confused me with all those alphas and betas. I'm just hoping i pass, and nething over that is great. Yay, no more maths now!!! See yas

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
I've worked my ass off, but still it didn't work! This Maths crap is burning off my goal of going to uni. Well, maybe it hasn't been my max effort. But yeah, luckily, today is the very last day we all came into contact with the subject :( So... farewell, Mathematics! We shall no longer see each other again. Whoopee!! :D

shaolin

shaolin
HSC
Man!!, I'm Dead

I studied my ass off, but still sucked.

What was the exam about? This is 2unit, not 3. Whats wrong with BOS, (I mean the official Board Of Studies). They wanna see the real student potentials or something.

Everyone said the paper was hard. Even my maths head teacher said it was hard.

But all teachers said that if the exams were hard, then our marks will be scaled up or something. Can someone quote on that.

I've got Biology on Friday. Anyone doing it?

lima_india_zulu

HSC
Bad Student Boy said:
Okay guys stop finger painting and sit with your legs crossed in front of the teacher I will give you the 911 on this.

It was a rather damp morning this morning. Cold. I didn't want to sit this exam, but I had to. Anyway... to cut a long story short I got dressed and took my tricycle along the freeway to my small sized country school.

Mrs McMillan, ever the headmistress informed me that I would need to remove the viking costume I had dressed myself in. Unhappily I retired to the traditional school uniform made of flax & bamboo. In the final minutes before the exams I recited my times tables. Can't get enough of them BABY!

Anyway we got the papers. A few paper planes and a new exam paper later I was on my way. Reading through the exam I realised two things very quickly. I really am a sexy beast when wearing a viking costume and secondly, my year 9 woodwork course will not assist me with this exam.

WHAT MANNER OF EVIL IS THIS!

I don't want to sound like Alf off Home and Away but Flamin' Stuth Coleen this exam was hard. Then I sat down and thought about the advice my wise cousin had given me. Known in the brains of the family, Geoffery, scored a family high * in last years HSC exam. His words of advice rung through my ears like a mobile telephone "The Maths exam is just the same as the English exam".

So then it hit me journeys!

Sure the examinor will wonder what on earth my trip down to the shops to get milk has to do with prime numbers in an algerbraic formula. But dammit it was the best exam I have ever written. Seriously.

Anyway I must go, now that my father has kicked me out of the house for shaming the family I am limited to 15 minutes at the local internet cafe.

Toodles.

man that was an awesome story, gr8 technique and i wish u much luck in ur maths results, damn fuckin straight for all that bullshit theyr bound to give you all the marks afta all, thats what maths is all about rite?

hyper_crazy

HSC
i don't think anyone liked question 10! or 9 or 8 for that matter...wow there's too much stressing going on here... the maths paper is done and now we need to concerntrate on other exams! For me it's music, ancient and drama...

But yeh hope the rest of everyone's exams aren't too hard! Maths was a random hard exam (i hope) and the other one's shouldn't be that bad.

Anyway happy studying everyone! Remember, it's just the HSC, it's not the end of the world! Everything is open to those who have the will to do them (even if they don't get the marks in the HSC)

undertaker0288

HSC
My God

this was indeed that hardest paper i have ever done, its funny because as i read through all the post, ever single person says that same thing, "it was hard" and "all the past papers seemed so much easyer" why? thats because they were. In other thread i read that people were stating that the 2U and 3U course were becoming to alike, and for the BOS to set a test just for a 2U students would see the 3U people ace it with no problems. Im not the smartest kid in the bunch, saying that i did every single past HSC paper they could offer and got 85/120, which for me is great, not the best i know. But just think of it, if someone like me can get 85/120 what could a 3U student do in the same tests, and i think thats why they have made the test harder. Think of it this way, for me it was so bad that its not even going to count for my UAI, and NO MORE MATHS AGAIN, General looked so good when i came out of the exam room yesterday. Im really screwed, 2U and software are the only + scaling subjects i have, and now it all lies on SDD which is crap too,. Well it looks like TAFE for me, Good by UNI, good by all the drunking frate parties, DAM YOU MATHS.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
hyper_crazy said:
i don't think anyone liked question 10! or 9 or 8 for that matter...wow there's too much stressing going on here... the maths paper is done and now we need to concerntrate on other exams! For me it's music, ancient and drama...

But yeh hope the rest of everyone's exams aren't too hard! Maths was a random hard exam (i hope) and the other one's shouldn't be that bad.

Anyway happy studying everyone! Remember, it's just the HSC, it's not the end of the world! Everything is open to those who have the will to do them (even if they don't get the marks in the HSC)
i liked question 9 it was gold for me, i kno im gonna get 10/12 in it :D i guess i should of been in 3 unit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)