• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2U Maths as an assumed knowledge for Economics? (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
Because I missed out on USyd Commerce by 0.10. (Lol my ATAR was 94.30, their cut off this year was 94.40) and I thought a B.Eco would be the closest possible thing to it. :D(And the subjects I'm enrolled in are all 1st yr Commerce subs anyway)

I've received an offer from Macquarie last night to do B.Commerce, and might even receive a final CSU B.Policing offer in the final round if I'm lucky (though my parents would most definitely disown me + ground me for the rest of my life if I were to ditch UNSW for MQ or CSU).

So I dunno, maybe I should try Ecos for a year and then apply for transfer to Commerce. But I heard that to get a guarenteed transfer to USyd Commerce u'd need a distinction-average and an ATAR>90. :cold:
I emailed the faculty before and they said to transfer to commerce you need a distinction average and ATAR>90. In all honesty, a high credit average would suffice. I have heard many success transfer stories for USyd before, read the commerce forums.

You should do economics in USyd because the first year subjects are really the same as commerce. You can also choose to do the accounting subjects (the ones mandatory for the accounting major) in your economics degree. I 'think' for USyd, you can transfer internally for commerce in the mid year. Just check the UAC website during April for mid year entry. Good luck

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
both political economy, and macro economics are very mathematical
There is still some maths but it is not as mathematical as microeconomics or financial economics. There is a little more emphasis on report/essay writing in macroeconomics and political economy (which is sometimes considered an arts subject).

ademayd

HSC
economics and marketing will be the best majors to do if you don't mix with maths

and if you expect usyd's commerce cutoff to drop for next year, you can just do 7 subjects at UNSW and apply to transfer with with only your ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)