2u Chemistry / Physics (1 Viewer)

phenol

Argonaute
HSC
What do people here think of the new non-maths-styled chemistry and physics courses?

Feel free to swear about them, if you feel the same way as I do.

:eek:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
The 2003 syllubus is like our 2002 syllubus, but easier.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by phenol
What do people here think of the new non-maths-styled chemistry and physics courses?

Feel free to swear about them, if you feel the same way as I do.

:eek:
Yes I agree that the new chem and phys courses are ridiculous, they have always been mathematically based and now it seems they have become english-ised. As far as I'm concerned they aren't true physics and chem, this is what uni's have been complaining about.

The focus has changed from being able to think logically (via calculations and their applications), to being able to rote learn and write concisely. The 8 mark questions in both exams turn out to be more like a mini-essay for english.

In fact with the exception of mathematics, all the HSC courses now focus around keywords, rote learning, writing concisely.

It doesn't bother me anymore though.

kini mini

HSC
I agree, but I've said all I have to say already on this topic, and like Ultimate, it's not that important for me anymore.

Rahul

Dead Member
IT DOESNT MATTER!!!!

if its going to b easier...then its goign to b easier for EVERYONE

for most ppl, in the end, the rank "(UAI) is important, so if u deserve to be placed low, well than u have only urself to blaim.
one year's hsc results r not compared wid d last years ones so it doesnt matter if its easier or harder

bobo123

HSC
hehe lucky i dont do either of them
but i reckon they shouldnt have taken out 3unit economics and business

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
hey chem and physics are good sortof its grasping the concepts not whether or not its english based

Twintip

Originally posted by Bon
I think the key to doing well in physics & the science subjects is memorising the dot points and the keywords... If you're not going to do any study, at least learn the key words!!!
And knowing equations for Chem especially. You find it hard to get band 6 answers without a relevant chemical equation of some sort most of the time. :)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Twintip

And knowing equations for Chem especially. You find it hard to get band 6 answers without a relevant chemical equation of some sort most of the time. :)
really? do they have to be balanced equations?

MML

GOD OF BOS
HSC
Phenol's right, we should all stand up and swear to the Dep. Of Edu!!. Wat is a subject of onli noeing it's theory, or in other means..........its fake appearance. Imagine u r there, in class, and it's PE, u guys r ready to play basketball or soccer or rugby watever. But the teacher just keeping talking abt the "theories" of the games or those PDHPE, which in his word..........u r going to get better grade this way.....but seriously........who give a da*n f***??.......same for chem..........ppl remember le chatier's (i noe i can't spell so don't make a big deal abt it" principal, noe the basic knowledge abt equlibrium. but they don't even noe wat's gibb free energy or how to write or work out a equlibrium equation. Wat does thing mean??....simple,.......for getting the HSC marks, ppl learn chemistry as a bunch of meaningless dot points and syllbus point, and remember a bunch of terms they don't even noe the meaning.........is this really EDUCATION??.........and if it's not education.........WTF is the "Dep of EDU" doing there?.........or they just want some money off us tax payer to repay their mortage or some expensive dinner or Sh*t

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by McLake

Yes. Balancing isn't that bad is it?
from what i remember in yr 10 it wasnt too hard....but then again i mite have a bad memory! but i am pretty sure it wasnt too hard.

phenol

Argonaute
HSC
Yeah MML =)

just think about the biopolymers

hehehehe

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I agree that the hsc sciences are becoming more engli-sised. We even had english teachers come to our chem class and teach us how to answer chem questions. I reckon thats so wrong though. English teachers teaching chem. *shudders*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)