2nd viva voce (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Man... my school feels its necessary to have 2 viva's instead of one. Thats so stupid cos what am I gonna say on my second one?

Its gonna be what I said on my first, verbatim. Seriously. And Ill get the same sad mark of 13/20 again.

Blardy...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
We have funkier questions for our second one... I still don't know what I'm gonna say... 14/20 again.

Giant Lobster

HSC
You get asked questions?

We don't. For us, its basically "ur on ur own", and after your alotted 15 minutes, "thank you, we'll let you know how you did in 2 weeks".

Freaky.

And its even worse when they start asking questions, cos then you know they didnt get what you sed at all... :(

mayhemily

HSC
im having about 4 viva voces with the same questions, about 10 each time. My second one is this week. Its not that bad because i'm the only one and they are spread out so I can answer the questions differently ecah time.

olay

HSC
WHOA 4 VIVAS????????????????? thats insane. we just had the one. :S 11/15. meh. not happy, but i was relieved - i thought i did a whole lot worse.

Blackalicious

HSC
The problem with english is that you can never tell how well or badly your going to do... i though i completely stuffed up on my viva but i got 25/25 which is strange...

but honestly Giant Lobster your eng teachers are wierd multiple vivas is freaky!

chouboi

haha have fun :)
my viva voce is due in 2 days and i just started my major today!
and im booked to do my viva voce at 7:15AM
isnt that NICE?

Giant Lobster

HSC
i did my first one at 5 pm

but thats during my EE2 class neway, n its offline :)

man i so cbf rewriting my viva agen
i fink ill repeat my first viva verbatim and see if they gimme the same mark
itll be an experiement to see whether english marking actually has a standardised scale (obviously not)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We also have to hand in our final drafts during our second viva voce as well!

mayhemily

HSC
ahhh you city kids. You need to lax out a bit, walk through the paddocks, breathe some fresh air... dont get stressed out too much, you are all obviously very capable people so theres no reason to.

J

jhakka

I haven't done mine yet. I was booked in for Thursday (a week and a half after two thirds of my class), but there's a strike. So I get more time. BWARHARHAR!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I have 2....it was unseen questions, some really out there. I guess multiple vivas allows them to keep reassessing, I got 9/10 for my first :) What I'm more worried about is my journal or lack of it....

liddy

we have 2 vivas - first was 5 minutes of questions, pretty broad and easy i guess. second, we have to read out a section of our major work draft for about 3 minutes and talk about its features and conveyed meanings for about 2, plus we also have to hand in a draft reflection statement.
i like the idea of multiple vivas, because hopefully i can improve my marks and demonstrate a bit more than i did first time round. altho, i agree...doing 4 vivas IS insane

co+ca

i only have to do 1 viva, and they gave us the questions a week before hand so we could formulate answers. we also had to read out a section of our work, and show our journals.
then they went and asked a whole bunch of stupid questions i couldnt answer, then told me my journal was shit. however, i got 8/10 which i was pretty happy with! especially since the teacher who did it hates me...

clerisy

HSC
We had one viva, and they gave us a sheet with a list of questions. We thought that they were likely questions to be asked and that we'd just rock up and answer them. The day before we were informed that the questions were simply things we were expected to talk about and we had to prepare a proper presentation. So that was a late night.

Also, when I rocked up to do my viva voce, I was left standing outside the door in the cold for an hour and ten minutes because the person who went before me went drastically overtime. And no one thought to come out and tell me that I could return to class for some time (thereby decreasing my catch-up homework) and, later on, that I could go and eat my lunch. Because I was hungry, you know. And cold. And emotionally unstable.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by clerisy
Because I was hungry, you know. And cold. And emotionally unstable.
My poor baby :( :)

I spoke for 20 minutes when I was only allowed to speak for 10. And the word 'confrontation' to me was like 'and'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)