:@ (1 Viewer)

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
Why the hell do we have to solve 'projectile motion' questions using a different method in maths and a different method in Physics?!

So annoying !

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
In physics the forumulae are all derived and ready for you to use. There is no real mathematical thinking there.

In maths we start from the fundamentals of motion (y'' = -g; x'' = 0) and apply what we know about calculus in order to solve real life problems.

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
Why can't we just use one method for both??
I am not saying these two methods are hard, but like WTF :D

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Just do it. That's all I can say - both ways are the same except Physics doesn't ask you to derive as iSplicer has said.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why can't we just use one method for both??
I am not saying these two methods are hard, but like WTF :D
If we use Physics formula for both, the MX1 course will be dry because it's just mindless formula usage.

If we use MX1 derivations for both, many of the Physics cohort will drop out because they don't have that knowledge of calculus.

Remember that the Physics course is designed such that even somebody not doing 2U maths can still do it.

nightweaver066

HSC
I believe you're allowed to use the MX1 method in Physics, just that you'll be wasting precious pen ink and time when you could get the answer in much fewer lines using the given formulae.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
i found they r same anyway =[]=*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)