261 cheating students in the 2004 Extension 2 cohort caught out (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
:(

This sort of thing just makes me sad... wish I'd read yesterday's paper... I really hope no-one from my school was involved...

HSC
N/A
And I knew Fran :p

So, does that make us famous?

In regards to above posts - no, not really - even with 220 or so students with altered UAI's will not really affect the rest of the state very much at all - at least, unlikely to be anything over 0.0005 lol...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
glitterfairy said:

In regards to above posts - no, not really - even with 220 or so students with altered UAI's will not really affect the rest of the state very much at all - at least, unlikely to be anything over 0.0005 lol...
Dude, I'm just shocked she actually went to jail. Her own daughter ratted her out...

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Man what a bunch of idiotic retards.

This isn't about morals. This is about the spirit of Ext 2 English itself.
The whole point of doing Ext 2 is to engage actively and intimately with the process of creating your own piece of work, something that you can be proud of and say to your grandkids later on : "see this? It sucks but i wrote it so you can shut the hell up and read it :D"

Of course marks matter ALOT too but these bastards have just betrayed the underlying bond that connects all Ext 2ers.

They deserve to be destroyed.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
meh. its just the media blowing things out of proportion. Many students get their tutors to write their essays etc, this isnt much more of a big deal.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:

Actually if those 220 occupied the top 220 positions it'd bump the whole state up .3 points.

Oh and I hope these people get expelled from university.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
velox said:
meh. its just the media blowing things out of proportion. Many students get their tutors to write their essays etc, this isnt much more of a big deal.
Yeah I tend to agree with you ... it happens all the time. It's just they were a proper company and the reason she got ratted out was cos of her daughter...

tennille

HSC
glitterfairy said:

Remember there were only a small amount of people who got 100 for their UAI. By removing those people, your UAI will rise by about 0.05. Like waf said, it'll rise by a few points.

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Actually if those 220 occupied the top 220 positions it'd bump the whole state up .3 points.

Oh and I hope these people get expelled from university.
Ah well, so now everyone knows I only did General Maths :)

Damn I hope they get expelled from University too...

tennille

HSC
It's not yet confirmed if the tutorial school did do assessment tasks for the students. It's hard to see who's telling the truth. You have the daughter "swearing on her son's life" about it, but then she appears to be vindictive when she stated that "all I want is my daughter back" because her mother is in custody of her.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Bit of a rough call hoping they'd get expelled... I'm sure they've learnt their lessons at uni.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Tennille said:
It's not yet confirmed if the tutorial school did do assessment tasks for the students. It's hard to see who's telling the truth. You have the daughter "swearing on her son's life" about it, but then she appears to be vindictive when she stated that "all I want is my daughter back" because her mother is in custody of her.
A friend of mine used to tutor there and yes they did the assessment tasks for students who had pretty much no hope.

The daughter is a bitch ... they used to fight in front of everyone.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
Bit of a rough call hoping they'd get expelled... I'm sure they've learnt their lessons at uni.
They should at the very least be made to repeat the HSC subject.

J

jhakka

It's a bit idealistic to think that people don't pay others to do their Extension 2 work for them. Well to do students in particular would pay good money to have that done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)