21st presents (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hey lass and lads!

need some ideas of what to get a mate for his 21st. its most likely to be combined but not too sure with how many people so im not sure of the budget yet.

just toss me up some ideas and be realistic with the budget, we are students afterall.

salsydney

HSC
ahhh good ol' 21sts... hard to suggest something without a budget...
something alcohol related is always good if the bday boy enjoys a drink... like, an engraved flask?
otherwise, maybe a watch? i'm just starting my year of 21st birthdays, so am interested to hear what other people suggest also..

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
if i were to guess the budget, itd be around 300-700 id say. im thinking maybe even multiple things cuz i really cant think of anything good...

watch? his girls given him one (one of those couple watches), thinking a wallet? (nah his girls bought him that as well)...

salsydney

HSC
thats a sweet budget.. is he into video games? if so, what about a PSP? with some games... Xbox 360? otherwise, if you know hes saving up for something even bigger, like a trip, or a computer, even jst giving the cash to him would probably make his day... i know most ppl dont like to give cash for bdays, esp on a 21st, but if hes got bigger fish to fry, it'll prove to be really helpful for him

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nah we thought of psp already but his not really a gamer...

we thought about fixing his car, but that was like 6k of damages... and we dont like the idea of money because we dont want him to know how much we spend on him. that and the fact we didnt really put much thought into it...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
holiday, harbour bridge climb, mp3 player, digital camera, chain, get a basket of some sort and fill it up with a heap of shit including present type things like dvds, maybe some jewlery, clothes whatever and then random stupid things like his favourite lollies, drinks etc etc....

Bractune

HSC
I got an engraved Zippo for a present a couple weeks ago. I dont use it though... too much sentimental value.... so i guess what im saying is.....ummm dont get him a zippo even though i was psycked when i got mine. In answer to your original question how about a sandwich. I dont know about him/you but i could really go a sandwich at the moment.... oh wait a sandwich and a cigarette.
Hows about a tobacco sandwich?

Peace out

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
wtf is a Zippo? lol

if you want to just get one thing, maybe an electronic item?
if yiu want to get a few things, buy a nice box and random things and chuck them all in there - "A guy's guide to picking up" or "A guy's guide to having a good night"....put in it: alcohol, condoms (as a laugh, haha), a nice polo, dvds, etc

edit; ok similar to what dazed said lol

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
zippo is a lighter :p

i thought of bridge climb today, think thats kinda nice.
thanks for all your ideas!
now does anyone know where i can get plain cuff links? and also a place where i can get letters printed on them?

im thinkingbridge climb and cuff links

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
That sounds pretty cool. Cant help with the cuff links im afraid.

Just a note on the bridge climb... you've probably already taken this into account but just in case you havent, make sure you get 2 tickets so they can take someone. There are 3 different gift certificates you can choose from so it depends on your budget but i wouldnt suggest the cheapest one because they can only go during the day and it might even be only mon-fri but hey once again, if budget doesnt allow for the more expensive ones then shit happens its still a climb and still an awesome experience!!!

http://www.bridgeclimb.com.au/gcdetails_frs.htm

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
cuff links u can usually get from myer/dj/or any men's wear stores (like tarocash, etc). then just go to a engraver (some shopping centres have shoe fixers/key cutters/ engravers in one little shop in the centre) and get whatever you want engraved on the cuff links!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
That sounds pretty cool. Cant help with the cuff links im afraid.

Just a note on the bridge climb... you've probably already taken this into account but just in case you havent, make sure you get 2 tickets so they can take someone. There are 3 different gift certificates you can choose from so it depends on your budget but i wouldnt suggest the cheapest one because they can only go during the day and it might even be only mon-fri but hey once again, if budget doesnt allow for the more expensive ones then shit happens its still a climb and still an awesome experience!!!

http://www.bridgeclimb.com.au/gcdetails_frs.htm
A friend didnt like the idea of too many people sharing such a small (in size) idea. So now this bastard is going to get it for his birthday. Whats the differences between each ticket?

Thanks dazed, appreciation on the ideas. Im still surprised i havnt bumped into you at uni.

Im still keen on getting the cuff links though. It symbolises being old which is what turning 21 is.

grk_styl said:
cuff links u can usually get from myer/dj/or any men's wear stores (like tarocash, etc). then just go to a engraver (some shopping centres have shoe fixers/key cutters/ engravers in one little shop in the centre) and get whatever you want engraved on the cuff links!
nah grk styl, i dont want them engraved engraved since theyll have the rough etched feeling. like if you were to run your finger over it youd feel it, so i want to get it printed even though itll wear out.

anyone know where i can get this done?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Orange Juice said:
A friend didnt like the idea of too many people sharing such a small (in size) idea. So now this bastard is going to get it for his birthday. Whats the differences between each ticket?

Thanks dazed, appreciation on the ideas. Im still surprised i havnt bumped into you at uni.
Mmm that sucks :(
Me and 5 of my friends put in just over $50 each and got a guy 2 bridge climb tickets. We got the middle one which means he can go any day, day or night. The cheapest one you cant go at night and the most expensive one allows you to go at dusk (not surprisingly its meant to be most beautiful during sunrise or sunset).

It's a lot of money for a gift from one person though.

Haha well i dont know what you look like so maybe ive 'seen' you but you havent seen me.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Nah youd definitely know if youve seen me. Im one of those people that if you see, you kinda dont forget. Ask anyone. Im just so damn memorable.

I guess the second one sounds pretty good. No point in giving my friend the most expensive since old people get tired real early.

I really gotta find a place to get cuff links printed though. I dont want to resort to having to do it myself. It is a 21st present afterall...

x.glam

HSC
salsydney said:
something alcohol related is always good if the bday boy enjoys a drink... like, an engraved flask?

engraved martini?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
If the said person is working, a set of cufflinks and tie would be cool. I got hot ones for my 21st (Morrissey) - love em.

Considered getting him a skydive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)