2024 HSC Chat (6 Viewers)

hafsah_

HSC
Could you provide an example of questions that stump you?
Yeah sure, let me find some though

1706233389156.png

1706233556621.png

1706233427567.png

All three of these questions are from the NESA 2020 and 2022 papers so I hope it doesn't get taken down for any reason.
I hope my question makes more sense now.

hafsah_

HSC
Hey ppl, has anyone used the books by Atar notes- Did you find it useful for questions and notes?
I've gone through the one for Standard Maths II and there are several mistakes in the answers. The questions are good but why spend money on something you can get for free online yk?

carrotsss

HSC
Yeah sure, let me find some though

View attachment 42242

View attachment 42244

View attachment 42243

All three of these questions are from the NESA 2020 and 2022 papers so I hope it doesn't get taken down for any reason.
I hope my question makes more sense now.
Can’t help for the last 2 since I only did sor1 but for the first one don’t overcomplicate it, just explain how the statement is accurate by explaining how different periods of migration led to an increase in certain religions, for example the increase in islam recently, Buddhism prior to that - you can also mention how when migration from Buddhist countries slowed so did the increase in Buddhism. You can mention other religions too but I mostly focused on Buddhism/Islam personally since they’re the easiest, try to pick two main examples of trends that you can use for all post-1945 questions

hafsah_

HSC
Can’t help for the last 2 since I only did sor1 but for the first one don’t overcomplicate it, just explain how the statement is accurate by explaining how different periods of migration led to an increase in certain religions, for example the increase in islam recently, Buddhism prior to that - you can also mention how when migration from Buddhist countries slowed so did the increase in Buddhism. You can mention other religions too but I mostly focused on Buddhism/Islam personally since they’re the easiest, try to pick two main examples of trends that you can use for all post-1945 questions
If SOR I was a choice in my school, I would've done it tbh but our school doesn't offer it 😪. I agree with you that Buddhism and Islam is the easiest to talk about so I'll definitely be using those two religions as examples more oftenly, but for a 5 mark question, how many examples would you recommend? I'm asking because the test we did in Term 4, which was basically the first term of Year 12, was based off HSC questions and I didn't do too well because I wouldn't explicitly refer back to the statement, meaning that I should have mentioned; "the statement above..." or something along those lines. Also, I would use two strong examples and one weak example (made it on the spot) for some questions but my teacher said I should've used three or more 😒

I went off on a tangent there, but for your answer, would you say that the "influx of migrants was proportional to the diversity of religions throughout Australia", and then mention examples and explain and LINK to the question.

carrotsss

HSC
If SOR I was a choice in my school, I would've done it tbh but our school doesn't offer it 😪. I agree with you that Buddhism and Islam is the easiest to talk about so I'll definitely be using those two religions as examples more oftenly, but for a 5 mark question, how many examples would you recommend? I'm asking because the test we did in Term 4, which was basically the first term of Year 12, was based off HSC questions and I didn't do too well because I wouldn't explicitly refer back to the statement, meaning that I should have mentioned; "the statement above..." or something along those lines. Also, I would use two strong examples and one weak example (made it on the spot) for some questions but my teacher said I should've used three or more 😒

I went off on a tangent there, but for your answer, would you say that the "influx of migrants was proportional to the diversity of religions throughout Australia", and then mention examples and explain and LINK to the question.
I’m gonna be honest i don’t really remember too well it’s been over a year since I did any sor but yeah you have to link to the question a lot lot, and reference the quotes. If you can, submit draft responses to ur teachers so they can give you specific feedback, a lot of the time even if teachers aren’t the best in class if you put in that effort they’ll be glad to help

hafsah_

HSC
I’m gonna be honest i don’t really remember too well it’s been over a year since I did any sor but yeah you have to link to the question a lot lot, and reference the quotes. If you can, submit draft responses to ur teachers so they can give you specific feedback, a lot of the time even if teachers aren’t the best in class if you put in that effort they’ll be glad to help
Yeahhh I'll be doing HSC questions and getting feedback on them and see what my mistakes are and then go onto doing it under timed conditions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)