• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
unless maths is your weakest subject by a fair mile, you shouldn’t be spending nearly that much time on it. to be fair though, I think everyone does that when they first start 4u until they realise it’s overkill
I've heard there's a massive shock when everyone starts 4u. The current kid ranked 1 in 4u in my school was going to quit within the second week because he found it too hard. I assume afterwards it levels out.

carrotsss

HSC
I've heard there's a massive shock when everyone starts 4u. The current kid ranked 1 in 4u in my school was going to quit within the second week because he found it too hard. I assume afterwards it levels out.
yeah half my class dropped in the first few weeks

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Are we taking the same 4u??? My class is so chilled out

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Are we taking the same 4u??? My class is so chilled out
I think my class has invented a thing called ego maths. Out of a twelve person class, almost every one of them is trying to speedrun the syllabus for some unbeknownst reason so they can brag about it. Quite a few of them have grinded and completed the first chapter whilst another kid has already done half the 4u course. Meanwhile I'm here trying to catch up to them cause I feel the social pressure. I really should not cave into this dumb game but I kind of feel obligated. This week I started grinding and I've done half of chapter one... and we are only up to 1B.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
I think my class has invented a thing called ego maths. Out of a twelve person class, almost everyone of them is trying to speedrun the syllabus for some unbeknownst reason so they can brag about it. Quite a few of them have grinded and completed the first chapter whilst another kid has already done half the 4u course. Meanwhile I'm here trying to catch up to them cause I feel the social pressure. I really should not cave into this dumb game but I kind of feel obligated. This week I started grinding and I've done half of chapter one... and we are only up to 1B.
Wow, no everyone's just chilling out and just doing the hw

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Isn't it just memorise and regurgitate? What's so bad about that?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
My class has not finished the year 11 syllabus yet
We just finished year 11 trig. For the past couple lessons of adv I've been going straight to the development, giving up when they're too easy, going straight to enrichment, giving up when they're too easy, and then just forfeiting to do math ext 2.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
We just finished year 11 trig. For the past couple lessons of adv I've been going straight to the development, giving up when they're too easy, going straight to enrichment, giving up when they're too easy, and then just forfeiting to do math ext 2.
I've only found more difficult questions in tutoring or selective school papers :jump:. Estimated to finish yr 11 adv in week 8

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
But none of our advanced assessments count towards anything unless we drop 4u right?

jack_muller

HSC
I think my class has invented a thing called ego maths. Out of a twelve person class, almost every one of them is trying to speedrun the syllabus for some unbeknownst reason so they can brag about it. Quite a few of them have grinded and completed the first chapter whilst another kid has already done half the 4u course. Meanwhile I'm here trying to catch up to them cause I feel the social pressure. I really should not cave into this dumb game but I kind of feel obligated. This week I started grinding and I've done half of chapter one... and we are only up to 1B.
ego math happening for real

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)