2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

aqwerty13402

HSC
I do agree that maybe don't follow a complete structure i.e (peel) but you should still need to know the general flow of your argument
Yeah don't get me wrong, we still structure our arguments to flow, its more so that we arent doing like [point, technique, context, elaboration] repeat. Regardless, both ways could get you high marks, theres no one way to do anything in this fuckass subject. :sun:

Susu123

HSC
Hey guys, what is the essay structure for different English Advanced modules (i.e. Common, A, B)?

My teacher gave a brief structure of:
Introduction - Thesis, Elaborating Sentences
Body Paragraphs - Concept Statement, [Quote, Analysis, Theme(s), Audience Positioning, Context] - Repeat x3, Link
Conclusion - Link Back

However, I feel that this is not applicable for all modules.

What content is required for each module-specific essay?
i've heard quite a but from online resources that you can do either 2 paragraphs for both texts each (ie 4 body paras in total) or do 2 paragraphs with the 2 texts intertwined (so 2 bp), but idk how valid that is

aqwerty13402

HSC
im so scared to go to school the next 2 days bro. gonna get all my half yearly results. Except bio, i reckon theyll still be marking until next monday :punch:

spiderfan44

HSC
i still get distracted a ton by my phone, but deleting tiktok, blocking instagrams reels w an app and blocking youtube shorts using youtube revanced has helped
i found that watching short form content made my short term attention span worse, though to be fair i do already have adhd. in general its just a bit of a time sink. at least with youtube, the stuff i watch is a tiny bit informative, even if its stupid niche shit that is of no use to me, but i never remembered or found useful anything i watched on tiktok

Susu123

HSC
i found that watching short form content made my short term attention span worse, though to be fair i do already have adhd. in general its just a bit of a time sink. at least with youtube, the stuff i watch is a tiny bit informative, even if its stupid niche shit that is of no use to me, but i never remembered or found useful anything i watched on tiktok
yeah same i think watching short form content has so significantly decreased my attention span, and it has also decreased my ability to remember things- like do you remember what you even watched 3 shorts or 3 tiktoks ago? its like it has conditioned us to forget things quickly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)