2023 HSC economics essay prediction (1 Viewer)

No surprises

HSC
Hi guys drop down what topics you reckon the essays gonna be on
I feel like cash rate and inflation hits hard so probably monetary policy(? idk cuz apparently inflation was tested last year)

My teacher said could be on another economy but there is nothing happening for China...(especially it's economic downturn;-;)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
so many people have been saying case study and that was an option in our trials so if it does happen ig it would be good : )

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
case study idk, it was in sa last year so maybe not.

my predictions are
enviro,
int orgs and that topic 1 stuff,
distribution of income,
case study (maybe)
external stability,
maybe instead of mp of fp macro general (maybe tie it to the economic issues I have mentioned)
micro and environment

No surprises

HSC
case study idk, it was in sa last year so maybe not.

my predictions are
enviro,
int orgs and that topic 1 stuff,
distribution of income,
case study (maybe)
external stability,
maybe instead of mp of fp macro general (maybe tie it to the economic issues I have mentioned)
micro and environment
enviro for essay? seems impossible to me

No surprises

HSC
They don't really put environment as essay right...? And there is not much new stuff to talk about except the hydrogen headstart in budget. I mean I would like it to be a enviro question since I do geography, but what kind of questions would thet ask tho?

tamdz

HSC
They don't really put environment as essay right...? And there is not much new stuff to talk about except the hydrogen headstart in budget. I mean I would like it to be a enviro question since I do geography, but what kind of questions would thet ask tho?
hey man,
in 2020 q26 was " Assess the effectiveness of government economic policies and international agreements in the management of the environment in Australia. In your response, refer to the information provided. (20 marks)".
so they could very easily ask abt enviro. you dont really have to talk about very very new stuff anything from the last decade is fair play i think.

tamdz

HSC
I feel like cash rate and inflation hits hard so probably monetary policy(? idk cuz apparently inflation was tested last year)

My teacher said could be on another economy but there is nothing happening for China...(especially it's economic downturn;-;)
i also feel like a question that might catch people off guard is the limitations of policies or conflicts in objectives but what everyone else said (case study, int orgs, inequality, enviro and micro) are more likely

No surprises

HSC
i also feel like a question that might catch people off guard is the limitations of policies or conflicts in objectives but what everyone else said (case study, int orgs, inequality, enviro and micro) are more likely
Everything is possible;-; My teacher said it could be exchange rate since there are lots of changes happening, but isn't nesa gonna finalise paper around mid of the year which is like there wasn't "too many fluctuations"

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Everything is possible;-; My teacher said it could be exchange rate since there are lots of changes happening, but isn't nesa gonna finalise paper around mid of the year which is like there wasn't "too many fluctuations"
they do it arond march time

user18181818

HSC
what can u talk about for lower bound limitation in MP during covid?

adesai05

HSC
what can u talk about for lower bound limitation in MP during covid?
well they lowerered to cash rate to 0.1% in nov 2020 in response to the 7.5% technical recession in June 2020 and thats pre much as low as they could go without moving into negative ir/s (research a bit on the eco impacts of that in Japan), so they had to overcome this limitation of MP by using unconventional means (QE, term funding, forward guidance, etc)

unhealthyharold

HSC
[QUOT

i mean the q doesnt have to be abt 'what is happening in china right now. today. at this very second.' they can ask abt it more generally like 'recent' = last decade no???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)