2023 HSC chat (2 Viewers)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Make sure you aren’t just doing the past papers, but thoroughly marking them and learning from your mistakes, there’s no point doing a paper if you’re just going to check the answers every 2 seconds. Imo the best way to do past papers is to give them a full go and do as much as you can (in timed conditions ideally), then go through every question you couldn’t do and try to figure it out with the textbook (this forces you to actually learn it instead of just brushing it off and copying the answer) then mark your paper, and write a full line on why you did each one of the mistakes you made in the paper. It’s definitely a bit tedious, but in the grand scheme of things it only increases he time you take by a bit, and is much more efficient.

It’s completely valid to feel a bit demotivated, but it’s not too late to improve (half of your hsc is still yet to be determined!) and you can definitely bounce back :)
A really good method of learning from mistakes is physically making a book to keep track of all your mistakes - even screenshotting the question and saving it to a doc

that way after, say, a week - you go back and look through that doc and REDO THE QUESTIONS-- IF YOU STILL CAN'T DO THEM, LEARN WHY YOU KEEP MESSING IT UP

sorry this was a very harsh looking message but it isnt <3 ✨

starmight

HSC
A really good method of learning from mistakes is physically making a book to keep track of all your mistakes - even screenshotting the question and saving it to a doc

that way after, say, a week - you go back and look through that doc and REDO THE QUESTIONS-- IF YOU STILL CAN'T DO THEM, LEARN WHY YOU KEEP MESSING IT UP

sorry this was a very harsh looking message but it isnt <3 ✨
thank you so much!! i will definitely do this from now on. I want to take as much criticism and help as possible because I'm trying really hard to bounce back from my results

jc7726

HSC
same it sucks starting this late, we just have to watch everyone else finish before us 😢
it also starts w english so i feel like im gonna get off on a terrible footing 😭 when do you start? mines next monday

carrotsss

HSC
it also starts w english so i feel like im gonna get off on a terrible footing 😭 when do you start? mines next monday
i start next wednesday with english, its gonna be rough at least it'll be nice to get it over with though ig

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i start next wednesday with english, its gonna be rough at least it'll be nice to get it over with though ig
geez ur acc so late compared to other schools, do u wish u did it earlier or are u glad u have more time till then?

jc7726

HSC
there weren't enough people who wanted to do EES in my year but apparently it's pretty big in the year below

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)