2023 HSC chat (3 Viewers)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
they should fr do an above 99 mystery mark so its like a surprise game if u get into your course or get a 99.8 like him
they should give it to people who get 30 just to see their true unparalleled power (because obviously their schools let them down)

vvert2023

HSC
lol anything except what i just did is ok. wow that was awful. i struggle so much with creative writing
you reckon? i thought the questions were chill, like city scapes and text 2 helped sm, then the electives question was easy in my mind. my time management just sucks so i got halfway through an absolutley sexy wou piece to acompany my beautiful lit worlds piece. alas we learn.

starmight

HSC
just got my results back for trials and I did so shit. i don't know what to do. at this point I'm not going to get accepted into any universities. studied so hard and I barely saw my friends for a whole month during the holidays and the first 2 weeks of trials.
i got like
77.5% in drama
74% in my English
69% in math STANDARD??????
63% in bio
58% in chem
do you guys have any tips on how to like study or improve????

carrotsss

HSC
just got my results back for trials and I did so shit. i don't know what to do. at this point I'm not going to get accepted into any universities. studied so hard and I barely saw my friends for a whole month during the holidays and the first 2 weeks of trials.
i got like
77.5% in drama
74% in my English
69% in math STANDARD??????
63% in bio
58% in chem
do you guys have any tips on how to like study or improve????
if you haven't already, i would apply for early entry because its like guaranteed at every uni except usyd and unsw

secondly that isn't actually that bad, most people do a lot worse on trials than the hsc. if you're studying for weeks straight though, then you might be studying inefficiently. what were your study methods? writing notes or reading the textbook doesn't actually help as much as people think, i'd highly recommend focusing on trial papers instead

starmight

HSC
if you haven't already, i would apply for early entry because its like guaranteed at every uni except usyd and unsw

secondly that isn't actually that bad, most people do a lot worse on trials than the hsc. if you're studying for weeks straight though, then you might be studying inefficiently. what were your study methods? writing notes or reading the textbook doesn't actually help as much as people think, i'd highly recommend focusing on trial papers instead
I've done pretty much every papers from james ruse and sydney grammar for like math and bio and I still got really bad marks. it's super demotivating to see my efforts not be rewarded yk? i think my weak point atm is understanding the info and concepts, especially in chem.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
esp Charles sturt, they have multiple rounds and are pretty lenient in the application process, u get ur offer pretty early

carrotsss

HSC
I've done pretty much every papers from james ruse and sydney grammar for like math and bio and I still got really bad marks. it's super demotivating to see my efforts not be rewarded yk? i think my weak point atm is understanding the info and concepts, especially in chem.
Make sure you aren’t just doing the past papers, but thoroughly marking them and learning from your mistakes, there’s no point doing a paper if you’re just going to check the answers every 2 seconds. Imo the best way to do past papers is to give them a full go and do as much as you can (in timed conditions ideally), then go through every question you couldn’t do and try to figure it out with the textbook (this forces you to actually learn it instead of just brushing it off and copying the answer) then mark your paper, and write a full line on why you did each one of the mistakes you made in the paper. It’s definitely a bit tedious, but in the grand scheme of things it only increases he time you take by a bit, and is much more efficient.

It’s completely valid to feel a bit demotivated, but it’s not too late to improve (half of your hsc is still yet to be determined!) and you can definitely bounce back :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)