2023 HSC chat (1 Viewer)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
i think all our marks are coming back next term. i'm dreading chemistry because i came down with a really bad migraine mid-exam but everything else i'm feeling decently confident
I had my first chem test today. I was genuinely shocked by the increase in skill curve from high school science to senior school science. It was not a pretty scene.

Also looking at your signature, how many units are you doing? Counting them up, it looked like you had 14 in total. That is quite a lot.

raspberriesandpears

HSC
I had my first chem test today. I was genuinely shocked by the increase in skill curve from high school science to senior school science. It was not a pretty scene.

Also looking at your signature, how many units are you doing? Counting them up, it looked like you had 14 in total. That is quite a lot.
i remember our first chem test was easy and then they absolutely decimated us in the next one lmao.

also yeah i am doing 14 - not entirely sure how it happened. accelerating maths advanced means i'm only actively doing 12 atm but it's still pretty exhausting so i'm probably going to drop my worst subject at the end of this block. i enjoy them all though is the issue!

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC

i have my physics prac investigation test tomorrow seeing ur message about senior science made me scared LMAO

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
i have my physics prac investigation test tomorrow seeing ur message about senior science made me scared LMAO
It might just be my school. I remember my chem teacher saying she'd make this test especially hard to scare the shit out of us. Yours is probably different.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
great! really happy with all my assessment results so far, but I just know that English will ruin my streak of first places in every subject 😭
i feel like i am the only person on this forum who is most confident in their english performance than everything else, overall the exam stretch has been good but at the same time i am worried mostly about 4u maths and bio 😭

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I'm pleased my school decided to give most of our marks back next term. That way I don't have to live with the consequences of my actions.
no way, getting them now and getting hit with the blow before the holidays > after the holidays

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
no way, getting them now and getting hit with the blow before the holidays > after the holidays
But like if you get your mark back instantly then you feel a direct cause and effect between the amount you studied and your result. If you wait a few weeks you forget all about that and your mark becomes meaningless. If you're a bit tentative to getting your results back - like me - than it's better to see them later when they mean nothing.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
That being said though. I do get good marks so idk why I'm complaining.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
But like if you get your mark back instantly then you feel a direct cause and effect between the amount you studied and your result. If you wait a few weeks you forget all about that and your mark becomes meaningless. If you're a bit tentative to getting your results back - like me - than it's better to see them later when they mean nothing.
getting the blow right after --> more active reflection on your results, then take the time to revise and grind in the holidays, blow lessens during this time too
getting the blow in a new term --> you've kind of forgotten it (at least for me), and if you take each new term as a kind of 'reset' it kinda sucks to get those results when you come back to school and you have less time to work on what you did wrong

carrotsss

HSC
i feel like i am the only person on this forum who is most confident in their english performance than everything else, overall the exam stretch has been good but at the same time i am worried mostly about 4u maths and bio 😭
shut up about being good at English it makes me jealous 😭😭😭

raspberriesandpears

HSC
i mean i'm confident in english but i am the filler of the bos quota of the singular english extension two student

raspberriesandpears

HSC
my mate is saying 3u english is 100x better than 2u... and honestly looking at their texts it probably is, i don't see any shakespeare for a start
it's more interesting definitely but i find the note taking and analysis is much more complex (which i guess is to be expected lmao). also i am a shakespeare apologist so no shakespeare is not necessarily a benefit for me. but i do love e1 i just romanticised mod a to the point where nothing compares

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
also i am a shakespeare apologist so no shakespeare is not necessarily a benefit for me.
i've never heard anyone on this planet say any of this or share any of this sentiment

but i do love e1 i just romanticised mod a to the point where nothing compares
i love module a, my favourite module so far, it's so interesting and out of all the texts (i'm currently reading my module b text right now) the ones i did for mod a are my favourite. what texts are you doing for this module, out of curiosity?

raspberriesandpears

HSC
i've never heard anyone on this planet say any of this or share any of this sentiment

i love module a, my favourite module so far, it's so interesting and out of all the texts (i'm currently reading my module b text right now) the ones i did for mod a are my favourite. what texts are you doing for this module, out of curiosity?
i know i'm the only one with any favourable shakespeare sentiment - i did a production of macbeth at 11 or so and since then i've just really enjoyed it - i'm definitely in the minority though!

mod a is and continues to be iconic; i did tempest and hagseed which i found super enjoyable :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)