2023 HSC chat (2 Viewers)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
That’s surprising, pretty much nobody takes digital notes at my school because they say that physical notes are better for absorbing the content and practising to write in the hsc
personally for me keeping my notes organised is priority - because for modern for example i know all of the base level content already and now it's more of building upon that base level, and i do that through making connections with the rest of the content and being able to refer back to differing parts of the notes, which i find easier and much better to do digitally. plus i get to put funny pictures in my notes and make them colourful which helps keep my mind engaged, as opposed to my three highlighters and three pens of different colours

though my english teacher pushes for more old school digital notes (where my class has to use notebooks to write down analysis, we had to do that when we were watching our module a text), and personally i like it for english because it helps me memorise the evidence from the texts and analysis

aulinia

HSC
hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any resources or suggestions on how to prepare for trials during this two weeeks holidays? I do HSIE subjects which require a lot of essay writing...kind of struggling to write and practice them all. :)
new to BoS so i dont know if its the right forum to ask 😅
I do a lot of hsie/essay based subjects as well! To practice essay writing, just do past paper questions *under timed conditions* (find them on the nesa website, thsc, acehsc, etc), and try putting 1 or 2 double a batteries at the end of your pen while you’re writing so it’s heavier? Idk if that makes sense but it pretty much makes you write faster. The only way you’ll get better at essays and writing faster is if you practice, so try to do a lot of that. You don’t even need to do entire past papers, you can also try short paragraph questions or mini essays to build your speed. Hope that helps :)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
is it too late to apply for special provisions?
i heard it closed this term but i thought the last data was next term?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
is it too late to apply for special provisions?
i heard it closed this term but i thought the last data was next term?
nesa says this on their website: 'Most applications for disability provisions open in term 4 the year before a student’s HSC exams and close at the end of Term 1.', and they say a few stuff underneath that basically stating that they will look at and consider late applications but those seem to be more limited and case by case basis. so yeah submissions were meant to be sent in by the end of Term 1 but it won't hurt to apply (if you do, do it asap)

ms_grape_taco

HSC
I do a lot of hsie/essay based subjects as well! To practice essay writing, just do past paper questions *under timed conditions* (find them on the nesa website, thsc, acehsc, etc), and try putting 1 or 2 double a batteries at the end of your pen while you’re writing so it’s heavier? Idk if that makes sense but it pretty much makes you write faster. The only way you’ll get better at essays and writing faster is if you practice, so try to do a lot of that. You don’t even need to do entire past papers, you can also try short paragraph questions or mini essays to build your speed. Hope that helps :)
What you recommend specifically for eco?

aulinia

HSC
What you recommend specifically for eco?
I personally don’t do economics, but I asked my friends who do and their top tips would be to keep up to date with daily news for economics, be able to apply the theories in your responses, use flash cards for formulas and do essay plans!

Interdice

HSC
Will we taught integral calculus in relation to related rates(year 11 MX1 topic)? I know there is a chapter that is based on "the applications of calculus".

I've seen a few questions(2013 Question 13aii) that have this year 11 topic interwigned with integral calculus a year 12 topic. Will we be taught this in the future, or should I start preparing for these questions now?

My goal for MX1 is to master year 11 topics in holidays. For now I don't need to achieve mastery of year 12 extension 1 topics early.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
u aren't taught related rates again but ive done questions where they use related rates as part of the question so u should still be able to do them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)