• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (5 Viewers)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
guys idk what to do now - I'm giving myself a week break but I feel like I should be doing some sort of work 😅

bobsmith123321

HSC
just do like 2hrs of study, takes barely anytime off ur day yet your still doing something
hey could you pls give me some advice, since u seem like such an intellectual being.

back last term i used to be able to study a lot and i was straight out grinding like every single day (1 hr a night) but ever since i finished trials at the start of htis term i've only been doing like 15 mins of math work each day.

pls help me get back on track becuz i rlly rlly want to go study medicine at usyd

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
hey could you pls give me some advice, since u seem like such an intellectual being.

back last term i used to be able to study a lot and i was straight out grinding like every single day (1 hr a night) but ever since i finished trials at the start of htis term i've only been doing like 15 mins of math work each day.

pls help me get back on track becuz i rlly rlly want to go study medicine at usyd
out of curiosity - what are your ranks looking like?

also in terms of good study for hsc - if you've already had a break from trials and now have your results, I reckon it's a good idea to go through your papers and see what areas to improve on (what are your subjects??). After doing that, honestly just start grinding papers - see if you can build your way towards the harder schools (ruse, grammar, sg, sb, nsg, nsb, baulko, etc) and then the actual hsc papers, and by october you should be ready for finals!

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...
if your peak was 1 hour a night, then i don't think you'll get into usyd medicine
sorry :), who knows, maybe you're just insane

carrotsss

HSC
no u got this i memorised my mod a + b + c over the span of two hours the day before my trial u actually got this fr
just brainlessly recite it until it just sticks into ur mind that's a top tier method
wait like actually memorised the essay

did you just say it over and over ngl might try

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
wait like actually memorised the essay

did you just say it over and over ngl might try
wait how were u memorising it earlier?? i thought that was the only way

and yeah while my parents were out i was just circling my kitchen counter like a weirdo 400 times reciting my thesis and everything else blah blah

It doesn't work for everyone tho, I know people who just wrote down quotes and dotpoints for the ideas or just brought in scaffolds which works too (if ur super time crunched and ur not confident w memorising then scaffolds are ur best bet)

carrotsss

HSC
wait how were u memorising it earlier?? i thought that was the only way

and yeah while my parents were out i was just circling my kitchen counter like a weirdo 400 times reciting my thesis and everything else blah blah

It doesn't work for everyone tho, I know people who just wrote down quotes and dotpoints for the ideas or just brought in scaffolds which works too (if ur super time crunched and ur not confident w memorising then scaffolds are ur best bet)
im going to try this because I’ve at least decently got my quotes so I have nothing to lose, if this works then ur actually the best human alive

did u do it paragraph by paragraph or full essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)