2023 ATAR/HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

liamkk112

HSC
My comments are about getting the first job out of uni tbf. The big paying grad roles def favour usyd in just about all disciplines. Fair point re nursing etc

not sayin they will discard uts macq but vs usyd - which usually has a higher atar and rightly or wrongly is perceived as better.
i agree with u on law and finance, that there is certainly a factor of "prestige" that companies will consider. that being said in many industries (mainly stem related) uts has quite a good reputation similar to usyd and unsw, including some quant roles afaik, which are a big paying grad role. i also mentioned macquarie in the conversation with uts, usyd and unsw because im pretty sure they have a good reputation in finance, mostly because they also have acturial science as a program, but i would say they are weaker in many other fields.

(i think everyone here can agree that wsu is the worst option by far though for highly competitive fields excl health related fields, i say this even though i live very close to a campus and i really wish that they were more respected)

gimmegimmegimme

HSC
Wait so is usyd better for finance or unsw? How does one decide, provided they have met the atar requirements?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
what if u don't live in sydney, would you say its worth moving there to go to a sydney uni
as someone who's prolly gonna relocate bc my closest uni doesn't offer my desired degree, it all depends on what you wanna do and the job prospects in that area. eg, maybe business + finance would be cool to do in sydney bc there's more job opportunities there than in a less densely populated or a regional area. but also keep in mind that the cost of living is much higher in sydney than in other places

hayden2402

HSC
as someone who's prolly gonna relocate bc my closest uni doesn't offer my desired degree, it all depends on what you wanna do and the job prospects in that area. eg, maybe business + finance would be cool to do in sydney bc there's more job opportunities there than in a less densely populated or a regional area. but also keep in mind that the cost of living is much higher in sydney than in other places
yea totally agree, I live in Newcastle which still presents itself with lots of opportunities being the 2nd most populated city in NSW. I think it's reasonable with the cost of living crisis right now that it's better to get a job in my local area then move up in the ranks of employment to Sydney if necessary.

liamkk112

HSC
yea totally agree, I live in Newcastle which still presents itself with lots of opportunities being the 2nd most populated city in NSW. I think it's reasonable with the cost of living crisis right now that it's better to get a job in my local area then move up in the ranks of employment to Sydney if necessary.
i would just go to newcastle uni, probably not worth it to relocate to syd since its already decent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)