2020 HSC+ ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

jkjkjk

HSC
Does anyone know how admissions for UNSW law work? Got 99 on my LAT but my atar is kinda low (90.45) I've applied for EAS and I'm hoping to get some bonus points from there since I've heard of some people getting in with a 92 atar, but...
did u practice for the lat or just went for it? what are ur experiences w it? i wanna sit it just in case.

eidkaldla

HSC
does anyone think entry scores might go down this year due to a lower amount of international students? Or will it go up because programs have been cut?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
A few of my students got Band 6 which was a great feeling :)

However, 2 others got so close on 89, damn I feel their pain to get that close and get trolled

Also, congratulations to everyone on this thread. It’s great to see how some of you who I have seen on this forum throughout the year have performed well :)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know how admissions for UNSW law work? Got 99 on my LAT but my atar is kinda low (90.45) I've applied for EAS and I'm hoping to get some bonus points from there since I've heard of some people getting in with a 92 atar, but...
Hey, just a question, how would we know the adjusted atar including the bonus points? And when would unsw contact us? Thank you, and congrats on your results :)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, just a question, how would we know the adjusted atar including the bonus points? And when would unsw contact us? Thank you, and congrats on your results :)
You will have to check it yourself to see if there any bonus points. It’s usually listed on the course program on the website when you look at a specific degree. It will say stuff like band 5 in subject and how many points more that gives you. Also, not all degrees have bonus points so just be mindful of that

lavensol

HSC
did u practice for the lat or just went for it? what are ur experiences w it? i wanna sit it just in case.
honestly I didn't really practice for the lat, but that's because a lot of the skills tested in the lat are "skills" that i've developed over time by being overly argumentative lmao. the most effective way to study for the lat imo is to look at a variety of opinion articles/biased posts on social media that explore different perspectives and then to deconstruct their argument to point out any flaws in reasoning or any biased inference. additionally, an equally important part of the lat is constructing your own unbiased argument, but i think everyone focuses too much on supporting their own argument rather than trying to take the opposing argument down. i.e. for practice, you could research opinion pieces on vaccination, try to find flaws in all of them, and then construct your own nuanced argument from everything you've proved/disproved from the opinion articles. i'd also recommend doing the lat in yr 11 just to get accustomed to the format and timing of the exam. this is a rly vague answer bc my brain's kinda fried lol, so if you have any more questions feel free to ask/message me :)

i wish i could help but i actually have no idea :-( all i know is that the unis allocate eas points individually, so i don't think we get like one clear adjusted atar iirc? i do know that offers should start coming in at around the 23rd of december (some people have been getting offers today too, so idk if there's a concrete timeframe) congrats to you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)