2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Learn1

HSC
Hey
Personally I do not use HSC Hub by Atomi but I have access to an alternative known as HSC Study lab
https://hscstudylab.com.au/

If you have a membership at a library in NSW (Not sure about other states), you are able to get a free subscription for all their subjects.
It is $99 otherwise per subject, which is much cheaper than the $470 for each subject by Atomi.
It's very much the same concept as Atomi, with a video for a dotpoint (or more than one), and the whole ordeal is run by Macquarie Uni.

The main drawback is that they only cater for HSC Chemistry, Biology and Physics at the moment, but plan to add a larger range of subjects.

Hope this helps, hf in the HSC :read:
Thanks heaps,

Everything helps :wavey:

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you guys handwriting or typing your notes?
I’m currently typing my notes (Front-loading and actual) as it is efficient and I can transport them with ease.

As part of my study routine, I tend to write out my notes with minimal viewing to test my knowledge.

I have tried handwritten before though, and I might go back but I am unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
When I was doing my HSC, I personally hand wrote notes because it is much easier to ingrain it into your memory, but I didn't read over my notes very often because it was the process of summarising that enabled me to increase my understanding, and not really reading over notes. In retrospect, if you are not a perfectionist, typing notes first would have been a much better option, simply because deleting, re-organising content would be much easier.

Frostguard

HSC
Depends on the subject, I handwrite for English, legal, modern and history ext but I type for bio and Eco because those two have a lotta content (last year I handwrote Eco and it was 50 double sided pages so basically 100 pages Oml I wanted to die but I guess it was worth it since I came 7th..)

mayabeex

HSC
Hi 2018ers! Still kind of new to this whole thing but sure could use some help. Any of you guys have some good, unique ideas that i could use for my personal interest project? My topic is due tomorrow but I cant think of anything :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi 2018ers! Still kind of new to this whole thing but sure could use some help. Any of you guys have some good, unique ideas that i could use for my personal interest project? My topic is due tomorrow but I cant think of anything :(
Does pursuing/doing a higher level of mathematics have an impact on creativity of individuals?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps something relating to your own interests or personal experiences would be a good topic for your pip?
For example, something to do with music you like, a genre of tv shows you watch, an aspect of your own culture, etc

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
How did everyone who was doing HSC maths exams go?
I actually felt pretty good about today... much easier than some of the ones in past years. I was expecting a weird q15 or 16 but it wasn't there?

Yeah, overall a pretty good test. Felt like a lot of the questions were pretty much repeats of most questions done so far...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually felt pretty good about today... much easier than some of the ones in past years. I was expecting a weird q15 or 16 but it wasn't there?

Yeah, overall a pretty good test. Felt like a lot of the questions were pretty much repeats of most questions done so far...
Well it must be a good feeling to get 2 units done.

PikyoK

HSC
My principal handed out a booklet from NESA and it was the rules and procedure for the 2018 HSC!!! This makes me even more excited for next year ! :biggrin: :jump: :caffeine:

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
My principal handed out a booklet from NESA and it was the rules and procedure for the 2018 HSC!!! This makes me even more excited for next year ! :biggrin: :jump: :caffeine:
We haven’t got our copy yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)