2018 HSC+ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

cameo

HSC
Me too — I got into psych (honours)/law, which was my top preference so I'm pretty excited rn

entartung

HSC
Which uni are you closest too?
I've actually accepted an offer for arts/commerce at UNSW, and I can't do commerce at USYD as I only did general maths. I'm mostly concerned about whether I should do commerce with arts or science, as I'm still unsure whether the psychology major in arts is accredited. On another note, I'm waiting for round 2 offers as i'm also considering speech pathology at USYD. I'm really stuck on whether I should do combined commerce or speech path. While speech path seems to have more secure employment (and that it can be a very rewarding career) the fact that it's so specialized scares me. I'm worried that after 6 years I'll lose interest but not be able to do anything else with my degree.

Ramini1

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering If anyone knows the odds of me getting into physio at usyd with 95.9.

photastic

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering If anyone knows the odds of me getting into physio at usyd with 95.9.
Unless you have adjustment factors for USYD, realistically you should consider alternatives such as exercise physio, and then try to internally transfer to physio or after completion consider masters of physiology. However, leave it as your 1st preference then add the alternatives.

Check out december round 2's statistics for realistic expectations.

https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/atar/atar-profiles-december-round-2.pdf

captainneuro

HSC
its quite unrealistic tbh, maybe try physio @ uws or acu alternatively which you'll have a much higher chance of getting in. Can always try to transfer to usyd's one later on if you really want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)