2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
ez state rank
not even close

Feeling too lazy to practice writing out essays, so I'm typing them instead. Hope that I won't regret this tomorrow ;________;
The feels are too strong.
I've typed out mod a and mod c confidently, as well as my sadat, keating and atwood paragraphs. Im just gonna memorise a few analysis for Lessing and Pearson, and pray that Brooks doesnt get prescribed

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
tfw the teacher loses your module b trial essay

i gave it back for comments
i ended up getting nothing in the end

mrstripedshades

HSC
Feeling too lazy to practice writing out essays, so I'm typing them instead. Hope that I won't regret this tomorrow ;________;
I did this for prelim's but dont see much point because I doubt I remember these essays word for word ( i've done a lot of editing over the past few days).

Just now I think I added around 3 marks to my Module A essay, finally got the right expression down of what I wanted to say + much better thesis. Hopefully I can do it in the test tomorrow though, and in the time limit!

I think my trials module A essay ended up being 900-1k words on the day but this is 1k-1.1k. So hopefully I either forget some small stuff or my writing speed doesnt choke for some reason (may have been caffeine causing shaky hands/nervousness tbh. had way too much unintentionally) because thats my main weakness in English.

Gonna write out my Mod A essay and Mod B. I still need to finalise quotes/analysis for Pearson and Atwood, may do it for the one about books in africa too (yes i'm that unknowledgable about brooks and lessing).

Since they were relatively harsh in paper 1 I hope its more 'standard' in paper 2. Absolutely screwed if theirs 2 related for Mod C but its too late for that now and would just have to rely on memory.

Btw, is it more helpful to study in the night or morning before an exam, in relation to memorising?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Since they were relatively harsh in paper 1 I hope its more 'standard' in paper 2. Absolutely screwed if theirs 2 related for Mod C but its too late for that now and would just have to rely on memory.

Btw, is it more helpful to study in the night or morning before an exam, in relation to memorising?
This may inherently subjective, but given the scope of the discovery rubric, i would actually say that paper 1 was quite 'standard'. A harsh paper 1 is the syd grammar 2015 one...
SO, i think paper 2 is gonna be ruthless :(

Also, for me, both work. Before every exam, I always wake up early to read over my notes as it solidifies in my mind for the rest of the day. But on the flip side, I have memorised stuff at night, and its stuck with me really well the days after. I would say it depends on the nature of the person i.e. if you're a morning person or night person. But then again, im not a morning person so i just contradicted myself XD
To be safe, do it at both times.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I did not get my eng trial back fully.
I have not written practice essays.
I do not have anything prepared.
I havent read all the texts.

mrstripedshades

HSC
I lost it last night when i didn't go to bed till 3 due to anxiety and stress.
holy shit what time did u wake up lol? I went to bed at like 12:30 but couldnt get to sleep for a good half an hour too because I couldnt go to sleep :l

also I wasn't really referring to the actual questions. I think it was harsh for mainly the stimulus, as most involved emptiness of some sort and they didn't allow metaphoric interpretation of it either (just my perspective as someone that didn't have a story incorporating that). Section 1 was also odd, the question structure and even the text themselves were weird, especially in comparative to last year imo.

Thats why im hoping for no curve balls. I would be super happy if they didn't specify an essay but that feels like inevitable, but maybe their trying to send a message with the format of comprehension lol

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
holy shit what time did u wake up lol? I went to bed at like 12:30 but couldnt get to sleep for a good half an hour too because I couldnt go to sleep :l
7-7:30. I thought i was done for but adrenaline seemed to keep me awake.
I don't think it'll happen again tonight since the exam today showed me i can trust myself (i was stressed because i thought i might forget my essays or write too slow), but speeches may give me a stroke.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
reposting this question

For Mod B Hamlet, do you have to refer to other productions/interpretations of Hamlet?

meDAawesome

HSC
Um anyone else freaking the f*** out like me!? I want to bury the HSC English man please just be over and done with.
I agree I'm still frantically memorising my mod c quotes

fuck you Shakespeare why cant you just use modern english instead of that ye olde crap

ml125

HSC
Is anyone else starting to lose their sanity?
At this point I don't think I was ever sane. I can't remember what that feels like.

---

I'm currently wrapped in my blanket like a burrito recording my quotes on snapchat @KingofActing soz ur gonna have to deal with this for like the next hr

screammoo

HSC
Me too, especially because my table is not stable, and i forgot to bring my good black pen. :spzz: and sh-t just happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)