2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyG

HSC
I think the argument is more important than the conclusion. In my opinion you would rather have a complete last body paragraph than a conclusion. My friend didn't have a conclusion for her mod C essay in the trials and she still managed to get a 17/20, and we are talking about a selective school here.
How many marks would you lose for having a conclusion but it only being 1 sentence, albeit fairly long, that summed up your view on the question? Would you lose less than not having a conclusion at all? Maybe just 1 for it being a weak conclusion?

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I'm worried that I forgot to write my student number on my discovery paper... The supervisors wouldve noticed if I did forget and fixed it right?

Ekman

HSC
I'm worried that I forgot to write my student number on my discovery paper... The supervisors wouldve noticed if I did forget and fixed it right?
You don't have to. I had that thought as well today during the last few minutes of paper 2 (gave me a mini-panic attack) then I realised that paper 1 already has your student number on it. Plus as you said, the supervisors check everything to make sure everything is filled, so even if there was something, they would fix it up.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
You don't have to. I had that thought as well today during the last few minutes of paper 2 (gave me a mini-panic attack) then I realised that paper 1 already has your student number on it. Plus as you said, the supervisors check everything to make sure everything is filled, so even if there was something, they would fix it up.
I feel like an idiot. THANKYOU. So much stress relieved from realising that.

Ekman

HSC
Am I the only one who is really tired after paper 2?

YouCantMakeMe

HSC
N/A
How many marks would you lose for having a conclusion but it only being 1 sentence, albeit fairly long, that summed up your view on the question? Would you lose less than not having a conclusion at all? Maybe just 1 for it being a weak conclusion?
From what my teacher has informed me, you are given marks based on a correct structure. If you do not fulfill this criteria, i.e not having a conclusion, then you will automatically have marks deducted (many, many teachers have asserted this will place you in an automatic B range). However, the structure does not extend to the quality of your response- I believe that's addressed holistically with consideration of your arguments. Similarly, if you do not address the question in your response, you are automatically pushed down to a low B. (sometimes even C if there are other flaws). So the short answer is "it depends".

(everything seems to be so ambiguous >>)

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Am I the only one who is really tired after paper 2?
Yep, it's not just the physical tiredness from cranking out 20 or so pages but also the mental comedown after hyping yourself up for it. Go to bed early tonight and wake up fresh for tomorrow (at least, that's my plan!)

JohnnyG

HSC
From what my teacher has informed me, you are given marks based on a correct structure. If you do not fulfill this criteria, i.e not having a conclusion, then you will automatically have marks deducted (many, many teachers have asserted this will place you in an automatic B range). However, the structure does not extend to the quality of your response- I believe that's addressed holistically with consideration of your arguments. Similarly, if you do not address the question in your response, you are automatically pushed down to a low B. (sometimes even C if there are other flaws). So the short answer is "it depends".

(everything seems to be so ambiguous >>)
Yeah I agree. I can see how you can lose a few marks for the conclusion not being there at all, but I think if it's there but just not of great quality, you have still completed the structure of the essay and so should lose 1 mark max. At least I hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)