2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Well I find I work better with people around me doing work. I go to the library a lot for this very reason lol.

Except unfortunately doing trial periods and I'm going to guess right now (lead up to HSC), people tend to swamp to the library in big groups, and for some reason decide it's a good idea to talk and chat in a quiet study area.

Why the hell do people go to the library in the first place if all they wanna do is talk.
oh wait...school holidays = screaming kids at the library
R.I.P my hsc
I want to try out going to a uni library since it will be quieter, idk now

faolan

HSC
Does anyone know if it is true that if you get an atar below 80 you wont get accepted at USYD/UNSW?

Flop21

HSC
Does anyone know if it is true that if you get an atar below 80 you wont get accepted at USYD/UNSW?
... You get ATAR, if ATAR is above cut off you're in, if ATAR is below cut off you don't get in. So just look at their ATAR cut-offs. UNSW doesn't have a course that allows less than 80.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
oh wait...school holidays = screaming kids at the library
R.I.P my hsc
I want to try out going to a uni library since it will be quieter, idk now
USYD libraries are usually packed, you have to go to one of the less well known places to find an unoccupied study area.

HSC
Anyways the first day of holidays and I am currently sitting by my open door (for natural lighting) with study material (papers + laptop stuff) scattered on the floor.

I feel like I'm about to fall asleep hahahaha

UOW library is packed to the max at the moment!
How's the study?

Chris_S

HSC
Its going good got here at 12:30 and got half of Search for better health mandamus done already! Im staying here until 10! What about you?

dirty_ink

HSC
UNSW main library is calling for you, Snow. The beanbags want to be sat on.

UNSW beanbags > all other beanbags (not just sayin this because I'm heavily biased, nope, not at all)

astroman

HSC
Questions regarding IPT: Is it okay to mention stuff out of the syllabus? So if there is a question regarding safe storage of data, can we mention storage in NAS storage?

lightthefuze

HSC
thoughts on scaffolding essays vs. having to actually write out an essay?

I scaffold at least 3-4 essays on a topic a day (ie. human resources for business), which is more than having to write one or two essays a day

also, thoughts on memorising syllabuses on flashcards? (that's what I'm doing do jog my memory on content and linking topics - especially for business studies)

Last edited:

Thunderstorm

HSC
Questions regarding IPT: Is it okay to mention stuff out of the syllabus? So if there is a question regarding safe storage of data, can we mention storage in NAS storage?
I'm sure it'd be fine. As long as it's backing up your point and assisting the overall cohesion of the response. Remember they mark to the syllabus so don't waste too much time going beyond where it's not necessary.

dirty_ink

HSC
thoughts on scaffolding essays vs. having to actually write out an essay?

I scaffold at least 3-4 essays on a topic a day (ie. human resources for business), which is more than having to write one or two essays a day

also, thoughts on memorising syllabuses on flashcards? (that's what I'm doing do jog my memory on content and linking topics - especially for business studies)
It's always good to build upon your understanding of a topic because you'll know more about it a week later than at present.

Wish I had used flashcards, they're pretty handy. Maybe think about utilising a timer later on?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Ok, now its like the count to 100 thread with the moderators replies (specifically Carrotballs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)