2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiction

HSC
I don't remember having done any Chemistry trial past papers up until my trials, save a few scattered HSC questions.
I don't think thats necessarily a good thing lol. I mean whatever works for you I guess haha. You did extremely well in your chemistry (I think? ) so gj you :)

Idk, there's just something incredibly inspiring about people who are hard workers. So I've always admired people who work hard > laze. Like I mean, that dedication. It's amazing. Like I know no shortage of people with natural talent, and pretty much just ride on it. Someone who legitimately know what they want - as much as any 17/18 yr old can that is, and is working towards that, on the other hand, is like on a whole new level.

//fangirling over

LOL vut?
Who's upset?

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
Does anyone know roughly how long it would take to cram for a 3 hr modern history exam?

w0bl

HSC
Guys I need urgent help.

I've been really sick. I got a doc certificate last week that says I will be unwell, right up until next Saturday. So I applied to move one of my tests last week to the friday, and went it did it - because I badly wanted to get it done and out of the way. But, now I'm really sick again and still and have 3 exams this coming week / tomorrow.

Do you think I should try to postpone the ones I have early this week, till say thursday + friday + monday after?? I have the doc certificate saying I can, but I'm scared because I went in friday.

Chris_S

HSC
I am so jealous of those people with a photographic memory! I can't even remember the titles of my related texts lol

teridax

HSC
N/A
I am so jealous of those people with a photographic memory! I can't even remember the titles of my related texts lol
if you've studied said relateds for a bit, they should automatically be in ur head lol

but otherwise, just rewrite the titles a few times; rote learning doesn't hurt every now and then

Ekman

HSC
That moment when you memorise one essay in a day and you feel great but then realise you have to do it again for another module *sigh* #hsclyf

rawrliongirl

HSC
first, how good is your memory?

how well do your know the course atm? 60%? 70%?

and do you do CSSA?

which topics do you do?

sup
uh well atm memory = shit bc surviving on 4 hours of sleep each day (trying to complete major proj for thursday)

I know the course okay-ish but not in a lot of detail (I never revise for it properly until exam time D: )

Yes we are doing CSSA :shoot: :cool:

besides WWI, we did Germany 1918-1939, Leni Riefenstahl and Conflict in Europe.

rawrliongirl

HSC
You will definitely need at least 7+ hours of rest because solid sleep = more likely to retain the information for longer.

That's a good start - the detail is mainly your pieces of evidence/historiography - make sure you cram those (I mean, you have the rest of today and tomorrow morning to revise because you do CSSA so this shouldn't be too difficult).

I don't do any of those topics haha, except for WW1 obviously. Best advice I can give for this section is ensure your exam technique in source analysis is top-notch. Rote learning what's necessary will come naturally afterwards.
Ty.
I'll try to sleep as early as possible. Haha this must be what death feels like lol I'm so drained :p
I guess I will try and finish going through Germany this arvo, maybe get through personality.
I think our Conflict in Europe question is going to be on the causes of WWII since that is all we've covered at this stage and we've already written an essay on that so I guess I'll go ahead and remember the main points from that.
How much of our "own knowledge" would we need for WWI?

rawrliongirl

HSC
Sounds good.

It's a hard to say, because whilst you get can away with using the source booklet to form your answers, there are instances where you need to draw upon your "own knowledge". That being said, you wouldn't need to rote learn as much compared to the national and international study which contains a ridiculous amount of content. So I say, yes have a bit of your "own knowledge" for WW1, but not to the point your brain has to be overwhelmed because it can only take that much in a short time.

---

Anyhow, I need to study for Modern History as well lol - but gl with your prep!
Ahk cooliesss.
Ya gl to you too! ^.^

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I'm trying to remember all the key dates for all the modern history topics and it's damn impossible!! You can't make associations with anything because they're just dates. I might try do a long narrative paragraph which connects all the key dates and hopefully that'll help me remember them. Then I need to remember all my historiography.....

teridax

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to remember all the key dates for all the modern history topics and it's damn impossible!! You can't make associations with anything because they're just dates. I might try do a long narrative paragraph which connects all the key dates and hopefully that'll help me remember them. Then I need to remember all my historiography.....
I never really considered memorising the key dates tbh; like yeh obvs remember them but I focus on the key issues of the content and figure out what was the impact and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)