2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruka

HSC
rumbleroar said:
Originally Posted by Haruka

I'm so damn sick of this English bullshit. We have to study poetry and do a visual rep about the poems, with no room for any imagination whatsoever. So much for this subject promoting creativity...

Lol what? We did visual reps in year 10 o_O but I feel your English frustration. Just done with Shakespeare and belonging lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Blame my school being the only visual arts-based school in the entire state, even though most of the people who are there for the sake of the arts program are in Advanced. We have to do a visual rep every year. And we also have to study poetry every year, no matter how much the teachers know we hate it. My school doesn't do too well in English for a reason!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Fiend v1.0.

KitchenSinky

HSC
Blame my school being the only visual arts-based school in the entire state, even though most of the people who are there for the sake of the arts program are in Advanced. We have to do a visual rep every year. And we also have to study poetry every year, no matter how much the teachers know we hate it. My school doesn't do too well in English for a reason!

Oh really, that sucks.

SENT FROM MY SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII USING FORUM FIEND V1.0

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Surely there must be someone who has done/is doing stats..:(. Carrotsticks? Trebla? someth1ng? Please help?

How is everyone finding English so far?
It's going fine I guess, finding the Module B speeches quite interesting so far. what module/texts are you studying?

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
YOu 2014 peeps, contact me if you need stuff in the future, (if it isn't in my sig ) :D.

Haruka

HSC
BLIT2014 said:
As my previous post says, terrible since they're making us do visual reps again... even if 75% of the class sucks at art. And they have to be directly related to the poems, with no room to add our own personal touches. For once, I actually want to write an essay!

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
Yo, anyone here feeling like doing a gap year after it all? I'm undecided. I want to go study overseas for a bit since the 3 month program i wanted starts in "early" november, which would probably screw me over for hsc.

mediocre. too much homework and boring teacher. Great text though - I love Romulus, my father :D

suika

HSC
I'm cruising along~ We aren't really doing anything.. we are watching Strictly Ballroom and I think its our prescribed text? I'm not actually following what the hell is going on in the class...

Ally2014

HSC
I thought about a gap year to go backpacking and stuff in Europe but I feel too young to be doing that just yet so I want to go straight to uni and then do a study abroad go somewhere in the uk for a semester or whatever, finish uni and then do a massive bakcpakcing trip for a year after uni.

What program were you looking at?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
want to kill it with fire and watch it burn in the fiery depths of hell (adv, obvs)

but ext is like this glorious window into how you perceive your world and its just...awesome sigh

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
want to kill it with fire and watch it burn in the fiery depths of hell (adv, obvs)

but ext is like this glorious window into how you perceive your world and its just...awesome sigh
That is exactly how I felt...lemme guess starting with the AOS? It does get better.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
That is exactly how I felt...lemme guess starting with the AOS? It does get better.
AOS is like.....wow I simply do not care if you belong or not......just belong or something and be done with it.... (my dislike for Shakespeare also compounds this growing frustration :mad: )
I'm looking forward to mod A though (frankenstein/blade runner)
Dreading mod B (poetry.......f m l)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
AOS is like.....wow I simply do not care if you belong or not......just belong or something and be done with it.... (my dislike for Shakespeare also compounds this growing frustration :mad: )
I'm looking forward to mod A though (frankenstein/blade runner)
Dreading mod B (poetry.......f m l)
That was pretty much me.

What Mod B poetry are you doing? (I did Slessor, but a lot of my mates did Yeats) :p

hfis9

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Im in year 9, but am sitting hsc for english and chem

mmstrain

HSC
hey guys got my resuklt back from eng task 1, no suprise got 15/15. Now time to focus on ag. Hfis9 thats pretty cool but its a shame your not accelerating ag, you sound like a bogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)