• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The smart money is on Labor winning the next federal election. According the CEO of Newspoll, Martin O' Shanessy, he is said that there is a swing back to the Australian Labor Party. Julia Gillard has managed to persist and translate a 59 per cent Coalition to 41 per cent ALP two party preferred vote to just 55 Coalition 45 ALP vote. Julia Gillard is trying to connect with the party faithful and rusted on Labor voters. As Julia Gillard put it bluntly a month ago Labor was on the verge of the greatest defeats suffered by the Australian Labor Party but now we are on the verge of regaining majority government. Gillard is trying to regain the moral high ground to deliver the Gonski educational reforms and the NDIS. Labor is also set to deliver a budget surplus in the 2016 federal budget. We will deliver a budget surplus in the 2016 federal budget no ifs no buts. Failure is not an option. I am pleased a announced that a good government that lost its way has made sound progress and is on the cusp of winning the 2013 federal election.
2016? Failure was not an option for 2013.

I wouldn't say the smart money is on Labor at all. The Liberals are simply too juiced (short odds) to bother taking the risk.

The smart money is on both sides where regardless of who wins the sports analyst makes money as he took both sides (at different bookmakers) to gurantee profit.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
By pensioners getting ahead in life I mean that Labor/ Liberals should increase the Pensioner Educational Supplement so that more pensioners can graduate from University and get paid employment. I suggest that an incoming Labor government increases the Pensioner Education Supplement to provide incentive for pensioners to become more educated and contribute to the Australian economy and enhance workforce participation. We need to encourage reward for effort and enhance entrepreneurship. We need to encourage more Australians to get ahead. I wish the Labor Party all the very best for the next federal election.
You sound like you are off your tree.

Okashi

HSC
Kiraken obviously doesn't realize that in politics you have to keep on persisting. In 2001 John Howard bounced back from 60 ALP and 40 Coalition 2PP vote according to Newspoll. Then Howard went on to win the 2001 election with 51 per cent of the two party vote. Julia I salute you. Long live Australia's greatest PM that ever lived.
You can't compare one of the best prime ministers ever with one of the worst. Whether you're Liberal or Labor you got to have conviction. This Prime Minister who comes from the left advocates right wing policies. A women of many masks who can not be trusted.

ArguablyMitch

HSC
I would be very surprised if the Coalition does not win, however my vote will be with the ALP. The thought of the Coalition in government in its present form is horrid.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Sylvia B I highly recommend that you vote Labor, the sisterhood and hand bag hit squad should stick together. Workers united will never be defeated.

Frostbitten

HSC
The failed Abbott experiment with his massive cutbacks to the public service, health, education, welfare and defense. Who do you trust? Not Tony Abbott that's for sure. Tony Abbott likes to take a baseball bat to families but never gives himself a smack across his chops, for his incompetent policies.
What I find to be the worst of your traits is your absolute dedication to the Labor party, I would hope you are attempting to join it officially otherwise for the average person to have such a stubborn and blind opinion is terrible. Assuming you are the latter, you're like a propaganda machine, spitting out entirely one sided arguments such as you can't trust Abbott and that Gillard is amazing in every aspect of her political career. You ignore the fact that basically every politician including Julia Gillard will lie unaccountably to gain votes. This style of arguing isn't for what is right for our country, it is merely a competition to get your little party in, it is one of the vilest things in mankind, and this practice of yours is what destroys the public's (majority of which I see as retards) ability to make informed and sophisticated choices in their distribution of political power. Literally everyone who is somewhat involved in current politics I have met has this bias, solely one sided opinion, that everything one party does is right and it is as though their one goal in life is to cherry pick and talk down the other side in pathetic and often shitty social issues.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread is about politics, not personalities, keep it OT please.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Working families have never been better off economically under the Gillard government. We escaped the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. We have record low interest rates, record low inflation, record low unemployment and strong public finances. Imagine earning $100 000 a year and only having to pay $10,000 for the mortgage. We are the envy of the Western world.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Working families have never been better off economically under the Gillard government.
Is that supposed to say "as they are under the gillard government"?

We escaped the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression.
Because we never really had anything to worry about.

We have record low interest rates,
That's a bad thing since it's not due to saving.

record low inflation, record low unemployment and strong public finances. Imagine earning $100 000 a year and only having to pay $10,000 for the mortgage. We are the envy of the Western world.
The debt has risen significantly and there will NOT be a surplus for a very long time.

Although our debt is low compared to the rest of the world, increases in welfare spending have been dependant upon it.

This sets a precedent for debt-funded welfare spending. I understand going into debt for stimulus spending (although I disagree with it), but welfare spending based on debt is entirely unsustainable and making it standard practice just means there's going to be a lot more of it in the future.

Balancing the budget means cuts to welfare spending. This is very politically difficult, because each year as the debt grows, people become more and more dependent or accustomed to welfare, thereby making it more difficult each year to make the necessary cuts.
Each year, the debt gets bigger, but it gets politically more difficult to make cuts.

What will happen is that either liberals get it, make the cuts and then get voted out, giving labor a (more) balanced budget. Or this just keeps going on and gillard keeps saying that debt doesn't matter because its still lower than other places.

Last edited:

Okashi

HSC
Sylvia B I highly recommend that you vote Labor, the sisterhood and hand bag hit squad should stick together. Workers united will never be defeated.
You're even worst than me. Obvious stooge is obvious. Don't you know when to retreat? Instead of making vague statements and spewing propaganda say something that is out of the party's campaign slogans.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Labor will deliver a budget surplus in the 2016 federal government's budget. No ifs no buts. Failure is not an option.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Abbott IR plan to restrict worker and union rights.
Workers would be able to trade off entitlements more easily and unions will face increased hurdles to entering workplace sites to protect workers pay and conditions. Tony Abbott has failed to reassure voters that an Abbott government will protect pay and conditions and Tony Abbott has sought to undermine the power of unions. Tony Abbott told the press gallery that a return to individual contracts was on the cards. Julia Gillard will do everything in her power to make sure that Work Choices never comes back.

Okashi

HSC
Abbott IR plan to restrict worker and union rights.
Workers would be able to trade off entitlements more easily and unions will face increased hurdles to entering workplace sites to protect workers pay and conditions. Tony Abbott has failed to reassure voters that an Abbott government will protect pay and conditions and Tony Abbott has sought to undermine the power of unions. Tony Abbott told the press gallery that a return to individual contracts was on the cards. Julia Gillard will do everything in her power to make sure that Work Choices never comes back.
He hasn't done anything close to Workchoices. In fact he has done near nothing at all to IR laws. What's wrong with workers choosing to trade off entitlements for higher pay? Militant unions have too much power and need to be stopped. Liberals have introduced regulations that subject union officials to the same laws that company directors and employers are subject to. I know you like Craig Thomson but for the rest of Australia we need to get rid of this corrupt union mess.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
It is not unions that are being militant its is big business that is being militant. Alan Joyce the CEO of Qantas has promised to sack his unionized workers and replace them with non unionized labour. Alan Joyce has said "he can't wait until the reintroduction of Work Choices and Australian Workplace Agreements under an Abbott government" to sack workers at will. Tony Abbott thinks he is going to win the next federal election let us the Australian Labor Party and the great and optimistic people of Australia prove him wrong. Tony Abbott is just plain pessimistic and toxic let us prove him wrong. Stop an Abbott government we must stop an Abbott government we will. I thank the nation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)