• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I trust it is time to increase the company tax rate to 35 per cent in order to fund subsidies to child care workers, the National Disability Insurance Scheme and funding for the Gonski reforms. The federal government's revenue stream has been inflicted with a sledge hammer as a result of Peter Costello's reckless cuts to the company tax rate.

The less fortunate are suffering as a result of trickle down economics. It's time to build an economy that benefits the many not just the few. What you do when you run a strong economy is make it more even and more equal not less even and less equal.

Health, education, disability services, aged care services, welfare and defence costs are going through the roof as outlined in the Intergenerational Report.

I thank you for what you are doing for Australia i.e. building an economy that benefits the many and not just the elite few. I wish Labor all the very best and want Labor to pay down the net federal government debt by 2020.
well considering the ALP are in government wouldn't they be to blame for this then?

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Labor and the AFP hits out at Morrison's asylum seeker stance
Scott Morrison, Cory Bernardi and Eric Abetz have been charged with dog whistle politics by the Australian Federal Police. The Australian Federal Police has condemned the uncompassionate, inhumane and cruel stance of the Coalition regarding North Sri Lankan refugees. The AFP has advised Tony Abbott that his policy of race baiting and dog whistle politics could spark another Cronulla Riots debacle. Scott Morrison’s old fashioned elitist anti multiculturalism views have sparked protests throughout Western Sydney. Morrison’s demands for ‘behavioural protocols’ is codeword for saying that North Sri Lankans and other Asylum seekers are primitive in their culture and are barbaric. Scott Morrison could even be charged with criminal offences according to a senior Australian Federal Police officer if Scott Morrison continues down the path of racism and aggravation with the intent to defame the contingency of multiculturalism and mutual respect towards fellow Australians. Mr Morrison after a Sri Lankan asylum seeker living in Sydney on a bridging visa
He is also facing internal criticism from Liberal backbencher Russell Broadbent, who has accused his own party of "vilifying" those who have sought Australia's protection.

Labor frontbencher Peter Garrett says Mr Broadbent's comments have highlighted how extreme the Coalition's views are.
"What Russell Broadbent has done today is to basically expose Scott Morrison for his major dog whistle which is really deserving of fair dinkum condemnation," Mr Garrett told Sky News.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Labor and Liberals are pretty much the same thing for asylum seekers, both are vying for the votes of the racists/xenophobes in western sydney.

Okashi

HSC
Labor and the AFP hits out at Morrison's asylum seeker stance
Scott Morrison, Cory Bernardi and Eric Abetz have been charged with dog whistle politics by the Australian Federal Police. The Australian Federal Police has condemned the uncompassionate, inhumane and cruel stance of the Coalition regarding North Sri Lankan refugees. The AFP has advised Tony Abbott that his policy of race baiting and dog whistle politics could spark another Cronulla Riots debacle. Scott Morrison’s old fashioned elitist anti multiculturalism views have sparked protests throughout Western Sydney. Morrison’s demands for ‘behavioural protocols’ is codeword for saying that North Sri Lankans and other Asylum seekers are primitive in their culture and are barbaric. Scott Morrison could even be charged with criminal offences according to a senior Australian Federal Police officer if Scott Morrison continues down the path of racism and aggravation with the intent to defame the contingency of multiculturalism and mutual respect towards fellow Australians. Mr Morrison after a Sri Lankan asylum seeker living in Sydney on a bridging visa
He is also facing internal criticism from Liberal backbencher Russell Broadbent, who has accused his own party of "vilifying" those who have sought Australia's protection.

Labor frontbencher Peter Garrett says Mr Broadbent's comments have highlighted how extreme the Coalition's views are.
"What Russell Broadbent has done today is to basically expose Scott Morrison for his major dog whistle which is really deserving of fair dinkum condemnation," Mr Garrett told Sky News.
Are you trying to take the moral high ground with the Malaysian solution? Malaysia is not a signatory of the UN Convention on Refugees and the labor proposed solution wipes out all the protection for refugees as listed in the Migration Act. Why bring this up when Labor can't do any better?

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Okashi mate read my lips the Malaysian Solution is dead, buried and cremated. The Australian Labor Party has no intention of revisiting the Malaysian Solution. Even Julia Gillard concedes it was an error of judgement to conceive the strategic plan for the Malaysian Solution. The Pacific Solution and the no advantage test is here to stay.

Okashi

HSC
Okashi mate read my lips the Malaysian Solution is dead, buried and cremated. The Australian Labor Party has no intention of revisiting the Malaysian Solution. Even Julia Gillard concedes it was an error of judgement to conceive the strategic plan for the Malaysian Solution. The Pacific Solution and the no advantage test is here to stay.
Why don't you read my lips that Workchoices is dead , cremated and buried? Hypocrisy at its very best.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Didn't they say this about the Pacific Solution when in Opposition

Didn't Gillard say this about a carbon tax as well or was she lying

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"Immigration Minister Brendan O'Connor has urged the Coalition to rethink its opposition to the Malaysian solution, after the reported deaths of 98 asylum seekers who were trying to make their way to Indonesia or Australia"

That was just last week. It most certainly remains ALP policy.

Premium Member
HSC
When the Libs get in, it's going to be very bad news for students.

It's just a question of how big a bloodbath it's going to be.

HSC
What's the most 'on-the-fence' party I can vote for?

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
After listening to Alan Jones and the 2GB team, as well as watching Tony Abbott on TV I became brainwashed to vote Liberal. I have now woken up from that slumber and have regained touch with the Australian Labor Party. A vote for Labor is a vote for strong economic management, strong border protection, an educational revolution, disability support services, and a first class health system, welfare to work reform, a fair go for pensioners and a fair go for refugees.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
What's the most 'on-the-fence' party I can vote for?
If you want a centrist (middle of the road) party vote for the Australian Greens, then the Australian Labor Party second and the Coalition (Liberals and National Party) last.

Okashi

HSC
After listening to Alan Jones and the 2GB team, as well as watching Tony Abbott on TV I became brainwashed to vote Liberal. I have now woken up from that slumber and have regained touch with the Australian Labor Party. A vote for Labor is a vote for strong economic management, strong border protection, an educational revolution, disability support services, and a first class health system, welfare to work reform, a fair go for pensioners and a fair go for refugees.
Once again you fail to refute any of the previous posts and continue on with your failed rhetoric.

Strong economic management - yeah look at the reckless spending and the state of the budget. Where's the surplus after all those promises?

Strong border protection - righto... Maybe you should look at the statistics on the number of refugees since the Pacific Solution was dismantled.

Educational revolution - no there isn't.. Unless your talking about Gonski which the government hasn't told us how they are going to fund it.

Disability support - bipartisan

First class health - E health records which experienced numerous cost blowouts. Government shifting money in and out of state hospitals.

Welfare to work reform- evidence? Liberals introduced work for the dole..

Fair go for refugees - Malaysian solution? Still part of Labor policy.

Fair go for pensioners - yeah we should thank you lot for the carbon tax.

So once again you fail to have any evidence to back up any of your points and fail to refute anything I said earlier. So I must assume I am right. All you can do is continue with your rhetoric.

Okashi

HSC
If you want a centrist (middle of the road) party vote for the Australian Greens, then the Australian Labor Party second and the Coalition (Liberals and National Party) last.
The Greens are centrist? A party that wants a one world government is centrist? More left than anywhere near centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)