• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2013 Federal election (3 Viewers)

2013 Federal Election: 2PP Voting Intention

• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

kittystar

HSC
Tony Abbott wants to turn boats around and tow them back to Indonesia. However, there is no agreement that Indonesia will accept the asylum seekers. Turning boats around is cruel, inhumane and a cancer on international solidarity/ mateship. We must never turn our backs on the most vulnerable members of our global society. We must show compassion to refugees and asylum seekers. Refugees have a lot to give to Australia. Just so you know I (Sathius005) came to Australia as a refugee fleeing persecution in Sri Lanka. I am now doing Bachelor of Business (Business Law and Human Resource Management) at the University of Technology, Sydney. One day I might become the Prime Minister of Australia.
Refugees are very motivated and hardworking people.
That's great that you're working hard and studying but the majority of the people that come to Australia by boat (the majority of them pay thousands to get on) don't work and just claim benefits. There are many countries on the way past the countries some of these refugees are escaping from, but they all come to Australia. Why do you think that is? Is it our generous welfare system or our inability to knock them back? I think both.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Stop the boats we must. Stop the boats we will. We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances under which they come. Vote Labor and we will protect our borders. We will send asylum seekers who seek to jump the que back in the que via our "no advantage test." I hear your concerns Emily Howard, we must stop the flood of asylum seekers coming to Australia. Moreover, one thing that neo conservatives have learnt is that the foreign aid experiment is an experiment that has failed the international community. Australia must embrace a big population Australia and become more Americanized.
We need a big Australia to gain foreign policy leverage, advance our national security apparatus and advance Australian values in the Asian Pacific region.

Emily Howard

HSC
Stop the boats we must. Stop the boats we will. We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances under which they come. Vote Labor and we will protect our borders. We will send asylum seekers who seek to jump the que back in the que via our "no advantage test." I hear your concerns Emily Howard, we must stop the flood of asylum seekers coming to Australia. Moreover, one thing that neo conservatives have learnt is that the foreign aid experiment is an experiment that has failed the international community. Australia must embrace a big population Australia and become more Americanized.
We need a big Australia to gain foreign policy leverage, advance our national security apparatus and advance Australian values in the Asian Pacific region.
m8 america is super anti-refugee

the problem is dat funding falls on to tax payers who contrary to popular belief aint made of money n also lack of assimilation/culture shock eg. indian/sri-lankans who fondle n molest women lyk dat victorian school girl on the tram to school, if ur gonna come here, should be a program in place to integrate u into society - our laws, customs and values

Straya is a fukin joke in many areas, money isnt put into infrastructure, pensioners hav it tough after a lyf of payin taxes

if u wanna hav a massive intake of refugees ~economics~ needs to change fo da world

but right now ppl are jumpin on our over generosity and comin here in boat loads, the worst off people in da world cnt afford to pay for a boat trip here

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Get rid of the entitlement system that we have encouraged, and suddenly open borders unless you're just xenophobic won't be an issue. This is proven all throughout history from early Australian history to the middle of the 20th century, proven in pre 20th century America and even in ancient civilisatons such as the old Athenian Empire to name a few off the top of my head.

Emily Howard

HSC
Get rid of the entitlement system that we have encouraged, and suddenly open borders unless you're just xenophobic won't be an issue. This is proven all throughout history from early Australian history to the middle of the 20th century, proven in pre 20th century America and even in ancient civilisatons such as the old Athenian Empire to name a few off the top of my head.
lol wrong

Athenian Empire failed m8 dey basically enslaved all allies who paid fo their enslavement, installed sympathic governements, attacked ppl fo resources etc. Sure benefits of trade, favour n protection but DEY FAILED COS DEY WERE RESTRICTIVE CUNTS. CITIZENSHIP was granted as reward but not liberally cos dey needed to hav the upperhand eg. to metics or dose that gave them love, ppl dat came to athens had little fucking rights n were lower tier than shitty little citizens.

also athens opened mainly to Metics n limited their role eg had to pay yearly to be in Athens, could not own land etc, but could run business in rented areas.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
lol wrong

Athenian Empire failed m8 dey basically enslaved all allies who paid fo their enslavement, installed sympathic governements, attacked ppl fo resources etc. Sure benefits of trade, favour n protection but DEY FAILED COS DEY WERE RESTRICTIVE CUNTS. CITIZENSHIP was granted as reward but not liberally cos dey needed to hav the upperhand eg. to metics or dose that gave them love, ppl dat came to athens had little fucking rights n were lower tier than shitty little citizens.

also athens opened mainly to Metics n limited their role eg had to pay yearly to be in Athens, could not own land etc, but could run business in rented areas.
I don't see your point. Of course the Athenian Empire failed, every Empire will eventually fail for the usual list of reasons, and yea all empires are generally cunts about certain things, GUESS WHAT! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE AN EMPIRE!. You generally end up being a cunt.

Foriegners still came to Athens regardless of the restrictions and being second class non-citzens because of the economic oppertunites. This wasn't an issue for the local population as it is in Australia today, because they weren't given anything by the Athenians in the 5th century, and in fact as you pointed out they had to pay the special metic tax. That's what my point was, immigration wasn't an issue because they were not given a free ride and in fact some Classical authors (ironically Xenophon) actually advocated for bringing in more metics to Athens due to the economic advantages that he theorised would be the result.

If we didn't have a welfare/entitlement system then immigration/boat people/whatever, would not be as large as an issue that it is today.

Emily Howard

HSC
I don't see your point. Of course the Athenian Empire failed, every Empire will eventually fail for the usual list of reasons, and yea all empires are generally cunts about certain things, GUESS WHAT! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE AN EMPIRE!. You generally end up being a cunt.

Foriegners still came to Athens regardless of the restrictions and being second class non-citzens because of the economic oppertunites. This wasn't an issue for the local population as it is in Australia today, because they weren't given anything by the Athenians in the 5th century, and in fact as you pointed out they had to pay the special metic tax. That's what my point was, immigration wasn't an issue because they were not given a free ride and in fact some Classical authors (ironically Xenophon) actually advocated for bringing in more metics to Athens due to the economic advantages that he theorised would be the result.

If we didn't have a welfare/entitlement system then immigration/boat people/whatever, would not be as large as an issue that it is today.
ah i get u now bbygurl

but it wasnt n issue of economic gain; we has to get economic gain otherwise discrimination

Emily Howard

HSC
n ofc bbygurl we need to remove culture shock n edcuate or legal system, values, culture etc etc etc

n i also dink we need to not be so soft legally to reinforce ^dat yeah bbyuflr

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
ah i get u now bbygurl

but it wasnt n issue of economic gain; we has to get economic gain otherwise discrimination
Well unfortunetly the glory days of the Western World are at an end. So the likelyhood of immigrants being welcomed into this country to work and live is basically nill, as we (The West or the Global North whichever you prefer) continue to dig our own graves as we happily trode along the road to serfdom.

Okashi

HSC
Everyone ignore Sathius. He's a discredited labor party stooge who refuses to engage in any sort of debate.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Everyone ignore Sathius. He's a discredited labor party stooge who refuses to engage in any sort of debate.
Remember the last electoral.scandal, well he is the next one.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
AWWWW! But it's so fun seeing how many ways he reword the same bits of propaganda over and over again!

He's like those precious 13 year old kids who think communism is gods gift to man. It's hilarious trying to watch them argue, and then when you get sick of them you just go 'Now now Billy the adults are talking, and it's way past your bed time!'

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I dunno man maybe Sylvester's just got into my brain but could you imagine the scum that would hop on over

Emily Howard

HSC
dis is an abomination!

we must protect our right to exile m8s!

our anzac buddies fought for our freedoms

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I dunno man maybe Sylvester's just got into my brain but could you imagine the scum that would hop on over
Sylvester's anti anything that isn't white culture is a fair enough view to hold as a proponet of white culture and values etc. I personally would love to go back to the White Australia policy, stop abbo welfare and native title bullshit, and kick out all muslims, blacks, asians, greeks, italians and arabs. While at the same time doing the same in America and then to Europe which will become a Muslim continent in the next 50+ years (not joking just do even a little research into the demographic trends of Europe), Rally together under the symbols of freedom and white exceptionalism and purge the world of the islamic filth. Something the Holy Roman and Bynzantine Empires should have done 800+ years ago. Islam tried to and were sucessfully invading Europe up until the battle of Veinna in 1683 where we finally turned shit around Lord of the Rings style. Now however as the late Colonel Gaddafi pointed out before he died, Islam will prevail not through force of arms or some pointless holy war, but through immigration and pumping out babies faster than whites are.

Yet while personally I would love to see some classic relegious genocide, I am bound by my higher beliefs in individual freedom for all regardless of race, gender or relegion, to say that people should be allowed to come to this country to live, as long as they are not given anything by the governent as I don't want my money to be used in any way shape or form by the state to aid them.

If I were alive in 1453 I would of shed a tear at the news that Constantinople fell to the muslim turks

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
dis is an abomination!

we must protect our right to exile m8s!

our anzac buddies fought for our freedoms
My great granddaddy fought at the battle of Beersheba in 1917. I cannot possibly begin to imagine the feelings and emotions involved when charging in the mid afternoon on horseback against Turkish artillery and machine gun fire on an open plain with around 1000 other Aussies riding with you, and then somehow someway winning so spectacularly with such few loses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)