2012! What will happen? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It is rumoured by many cultures, and religions that December 21, 2012 will be "the end of the world as we know it". Christianity has claimed one of two things; Apocalypse or the second comming of Jesus.

The Mayan calendar ends it's cycle on this date.

The calendar could just end it's current cycle (on 13.0.0.0.0, December 21, 2012) and just start a new cycle, like out conventional Georgian calendar.
Or it could just stop, signifying that this is the furthest time that the Mayans predicted the world would last, and bringing to light a quote found on a Mayan document: "(It will be) The end of the world as we know it. Keep in mind that the Mayans have predicted major world events.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

Astrology suggests strange movement whithin our solar system, and a close conjunction of solar events, possibly leading to catastrophy.
http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

Truth is, we will never know what will happen untill the date. But, speculation is fun.

What does everyone believe will happen? And what does the phrase "The end of the word as we know it" really mean?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
X-Files confirms this thought.

December 22 2012 is the date that colonisation begins

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
AusBluesMan said:
It is rumoured by many cultures, and religions that December 21, 2012 will be "the end of the world as we know it". Christianity has claimed one of two things; Apocalypse or the second comming of Jesus.

The Mayan calendar ends it's cycle on this date.

The calendar could just end it's current cycle (on 13.0.0.0.0, December 21, 2012) and just start a new cycle, like out conventional Georgian calendar.
Or it could just stop, signifying that this is the furthest time that the Mayans predicted the world would last, and bringing to light a quote found on a Mayan document: "(It will be) The end of the world as we know it. Keep in mind that the Mayans have predicted major world events.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

Astrology suggests strange movement whithin our solar system, and a close conjunction of solar events, possibly leading to catastrophy.
http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

Truth is, we will never know what will happen untill the date. But, speculation is fun.

What does everyone believe will happen? And what does the phrase "The end of the word as we know it" really mean?
Icarus will merge with Daedalus to form the organic AI entity known as Helios which will rule over a new age of prosperity as Mankind's benevolent dictator.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Oh, also, all the IP addresses in the world will run out and due to gross shortsightedness and mishandling, the transition to IPv6 will cause widespread downtime in mission critical systems world-wide and lead to accidental nuclear, chemical and electronic apocalypse (Nosferatu was 8 years early on this one and would like to take time now to apologise).

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Trefoil said:
Icarus will merge with Daedalus to form the organic AI entity known as Helios which will rule over a new age of prosperity as Mankind's benevolent dictator.
Another Deus Ex fan, I see. Took note of my Avatar :D.

55HS

HSC
astrology is bs
mayans didn't believe 2012 was the end of the world. They predicted 'nothing'.
my noodles are burnt.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
55HS said:
astrology is bs
mayans didn't believe 2012 was the end of the world. They predicted 'nothing'.
my noodles are burnt.
Can you explain the phrase "End of the world as we know it", found in the same documents as a stone tablet of the Mayan Long Count?

55HS

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Can you explain the phrase "End of the world as we know it", found in the same documents as a stone tablet of the Mayan Long Count?
Can you show me a reputable source saying this?

55HS

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Maybe, if I sift through my browser history. But do you really care that much to make me do that?
I care that you want to make a claim that you can't back up, yes. Can you remember what the source for this was? Like even a name of the journal or... idk even a newspaper might do.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
AusBluesMan said:
Yes, I certainly can: superstitious bullshit by a long-dead people.

It wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last (Y2K, anybody?)

55HS

HSC
Nah you're being unfair on them tbh trefoil, it's not the superstitious bs of the mayans. It's made up superstitious bs of rich new age westerners.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
55HS said:
I care that you want to make a claim that you can't back up, yes. Can you remember what the source for this was? Like even a name of the journal or... idk even a newspaper might do.
It was from a documentary and a journal accompanying it. It was simply titled 2012, or 2012: (Insert word).

55HS

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
It was from a documentary and a journal accompanying it. It was simply titled 2012, or 2012: (Insert word).
Yeah and by 'documentary' you mean sensationalist garbage that wouldn't cut the mustard of a 1st year history class right? Produced by the same guys at FOX who brought us 'Alien Autopsy' and 'THE MOON LANDING HOAX!!!!'.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
55HS said:
Yeah and by 'documentary' you mean sensationalist garbage that wouldn't cut the mustard of a 1st year history class right? Produced by the same guys at FOX who brought us 'Alien Autopsy' and 'THE MOON LANDING HOAX!!!!'.
Lol. Sure, a documentary, pretty sure not by fox, but there are other sources that I truly can't be bothered finding in my history at the moment.

I hate Fox too.

What about the other issues that I presented.

And, the Mayans weren't the only ones to predict 2012 as a "doomsday" event. It was recorded as other cultures as well.

Ps. I don't actually think that anything will happen. Probably will ride out like the Y2K.

55HS

HSC
But you have no idea who it was by and it definitely is an idea which is rejected by mainstream academia, so I'm going to say it's some trash job if not by fox then by someone else.

What about the other issues that I presented.
Astrology? It's utter bunk... Astrology also predicted that today I would have a good time, I didn't really.

And, the Mayans weren't the only ones to predict 2012 as a "doomsday" event. It was recorded as other cultures as well.
Yeah er... which ones, where's the evidence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)