2010 New Year's Resolution Thread (1 Viewer)

skyisthelimit

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nice guys > bad boys

HOWEVER

Some nice guys need to be more adventurous, daring, and slightly rebellious.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Nice guys > bad boys

HOWEVER

Some nice guys need to be more adventurous, daring, and slightly rebellious.
Nice guys always finish last.

That's the most important lesson I've learned in 2009.

• get fit
  • get a steady income so I can buy that car
  • do well at uni
  • forget that girl, find a better one (very hard >_<)
  • all the while keeping up my social life, which reached new peaks in '09

Achieved in '09:

• do well in VCE
  • improved my social life
  • quit computer games :D

skyisthelimit

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nice guys always finish last.

That's the most important lesson I've learned in 2009.

• get fit
  • get a steady income so I can buy that car
  • do well at uni
  • forget that girl, find a better one (very hard >_<)
  • all the while keeping up my social life, which reached new peaks in '09

Achieved in '09:

• do well in VCE
  • improved my social life
  • quit computer games :D
Why? Whyyy? Why do you seem so normal yet support something so vile?

skyisthelimit

Banned
HSC
N/A
Plus, only the bad boys are ever interested in me or initiate a move, which is shit. "Nice" guys need to be a lot more open. I think I'm going to end up with a Mafia ringleader at this rate.

boganxcore

HSC
when girls say they like nice guys im pretty sure they're lying

why would you get our hopes up for

philphie

Banned
HSC
to give us the opportunity to embarrass ourselves in front of the cool kids

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Plus, only the bad boys are ever interested in me or initiate a move, which is shit. "Nice" guys need to be a lot more open. I think I'm going to end up with a Mafia ringleader at this rate.
Neg.

Nice guys will always bend over the other way for someone they like. That way the person they like gets used to having what they want, soon coming expect to give little in return. Eventually they'll get sick of this and look for someone who has more self confidence, more self respect, someone who looks after themselves over others.

With me, it was simply being with a girl I saw as being way out of my league, I got so excited by the fact she was interested in me that I did pretty much anything for her- I essentially changed from the person I was, the person she liked, into this huge nice guy, with open feelings etc. (fuck I was gay). In hindsight it was pretty pathetic toadying, I really can't see how any girl would find that attractive. I've also always see great girls be mindlessly attracted to giant dick heads, many who aren't even attractive and don't have an iota of personality. It doesn't make sense, but from what I've seen, if you want to get anywhere with most girls you've got to think more about yourself.

skyisthelimit

Banned
HSC
N/A
Neg.

Nice guys will always bend over the other way for someone they like. That way the person they like gets used to having what they want, soon coming expect to give little in return. Eventually they'll get sick of this and look for someone who has more self confidence, more self respect, someone who looks after themselves over others.

With me, it was simply being with a girl I saw as being way out of my league, I got so excited by the fact she was interested in me that I did pretty much anything for her- I essentially changed from the person I was, the person she liked, into this huge nice guy, with open feelings etc. (fuck I was gay). In hindsight it was pretty pathetic toadying, I really can't see how any girl would find that attractive. I've also always see great girls be mindlessly attracted to giant dick heads, many who aren't even attractive and don't have an iota of personality. It doesn't make sense, but from what I've seen, if you want to get anywhere with most girls you've got to think more about yourself.
+1 for using the term iota. I thought I was the only one to use it casually.

A male can still be a nice guy, but not a push over. Be nice but firm.
Trust me, not all girls are like you have explained. Key advice is not to think you are less than the girl in anyway. The problem is, generally, girls enjoy being dominated by somebody, and 'protected' by someone (which sometimes results in the guy becomes obsessive, possessive, jealous because she allows for that power etc). Because girls (generally) want to submit (even if it is slight), and pricks want to be submitted to, they seemingly end up together.

Problem will be solved if you treat girls as your equal. To get the best out of a relationship, neither should act as if one is better than the other, and one should not dominate the other.

I don't even know if what I said made any structural sense, or even any contextual sense.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i would suggest 200 year old bourbon right down the hatch in one go

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
1. not come on this website as often
2. go to gym more and lose 10kgs
3. work harder @ work
4. make new friends @ uni
5. take up some new hobbies or something
6. dont hit a pole or other object whilst parking my car
7. save up some cash money and maybe go on holidays at the end of the year
8. since NYE 2009 is going to be the most epic fail ever, have a fucking awesome NYE 2010
9. meet a great guy :)
10. eat more healthier
just had an epiphany as to how i can do this one...
im going to (attempt) to make a scrapbook of my last year of school forever

Scinery

HSC
if i say "i will" do something

I MUST DO IT

integrity + discipline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)