2010 bow ideas (1 Viewer)

HSC
i have a rough guide of what i want to be doing. it's kind of reminiscent of edward hopper, pin-up esque bodies with kind of mysterious/ambiguous backgrounds. kind of like an Hitchcock movie..almost like a movie poster but not really? i want it to be kind of like how people make their own story and resolve to a painting and then view the next piece in the collection and it completely changes..perceptions and so on.

confused? so am i. i dont really understand my concept yet.

anyone have any ideas? (that perhaps make more sense than my own)

ButtonsPWD

HSC
sounds like you put a bit of thought into it :). But my problem is, my major work is centred on looking pretty, thing is, i'm making it from clay, and the last time i used clay was back in year8. It's going to be the face of a gothic cathedral, however a little more rugged and unique to my style, whatever the hell that is. I don't have any profound meaning behind it, so it will have to blow the markers away with how awesome it looks! so i guess i have too few ideas, in contrast to your too many ideas as you said. :s

nikilily

HSC
wow they both sound really interesting. I'm focussing my concept on my brother's perception of the world, he has autism so I thought the markers might like how I have 'drawn from my personal life' into my bow as my art teacher says. Thing is its now the second term since we have started and I still am not sure what to do for my actual bow...

ButtonsPWD

HSC
ahh sounds a lot like my class, most of the class haven't even started on heir bow, and are still 'experimenting'. i thought i was the most disorganised but i realised i was the only one working on the piece i'd be showing come late august. the personal aspect seems to fly well with bow ideas. your ideas also come with more fluidity and people cant accuse you of being wrong hehe. but your idea sounds excellent and i'd be glad to hear how many marks you beat me by at the end of the year :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)