• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I think it's kind've split in two as well, agh fuck knows. I hate that place.

That physics guy sounds like a giant douche. I hope he fails. But more likely he'll be some genius who gets awesome marks and ruins class atmosphere for everyone else.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Assessment Centre for Westpac: DONE!

Now, make me an offer tomorrow afternoon. Please.

From 6000 applicants, there are 48 at Assessment Centres (over 2 days) and they are apparently taking 15-18 grads in Sydney specifically.

Did pretty well, I enjoyed the day. But I got the feeling the assessors were quite laid back when interviewing me and testing me. The hiring manager even joked in the 2nd interview with me (and he's been with Westpac for around 40 years!).

Who knows though, they weren't giving anything away as to what they were after exactly.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I think it's kind've split in two as well, agh fuck knows. I hate that place.

That physics guy sounds like a giant douche. I hope he fails. But more likely he'll be some genius who gets awesome marks and ruins class atmosphere for everyone else.
I love these people.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Does anyone tutor physics? My sister needs one for diagnostic radiography and cant seem to find one

HSC
University of Newcastle (email) said:
Hi

This email serves to advise of a new scholarship opportunity.

The Dr Geoffrey Leonard Scholarship has recently been established for commencing student enrolled in a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or a Combined Degree, where both degrees are offered in the Faculty of Business and Law who resided in a Regional or Remote area of Australia at time of application for admission.

1 scholarship is available valued at $2000.

Information and application forms can be found at the University of Newcastle scholarships website at Online Services - The University of Newcastle, Australia

For further information please contact Scholarships staff on the information below.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Hi

This email serves to advise of a new scholarship opportunity.

The Dr Geoffrey Leonard Scholarship has recently been established for commencing student enrolled in a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or a Combined Degree, where both degrees are offered in the Faculty of Business and Law who resided in a Regional or Remote area of Australia at time of application for admission.

1 scholarship is available valued at $2000.

Information and application forms can be found at the University of Newcastle scholarships website at Online Services - The University of Newcastle, Australia

For further information please contact Scholarships staff on the information below.
I bet there are age restrictions on this scholarship, and some kind of "service" required to be performed to receive the money.

Hey Oliver, you should totally apply!

Seriously though, this guy in particular is a Board Member of the UoN Foundation.

I brought this up earlier. How unfortunate for this guy to share the name of a pedo.

HSC
I bet there are age restrictions on this scholarship, and some kind of "service" required to be performed to receive the money.

Hey Oliver, you should totally apply!

Seriously though, this guy in particular is a Board Member of the UoN Foundation.

I brought this up earlier. How unfortunate for this guy to share the name of a pedo.
I'm planning to but the wording is a bit funny, rural I am but:

"Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or a Combined Degree, where both degrees are offered in the Faculty of Business and Law"

So is that only a B of business or commerce or anything within the business/law faculty? also, does a 'combined degree where both degrees are offered in the faculty' mean that both my degrees would have to be in the faculty of business and law cause only one of mine is.

I is perplexed :s

blue_chameleon

HSC
I'm planning to but the wording is a bit funny, rural I am but:

"Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or a Combined Degree, where both degrees are offered in the Faculty of Business and Law"

So is that only a B of business or commerce or anything within the business/law faculty? also, does a 'combined degree where both degrees are offered in the faculty' mean that both my degrees would have to be in the faculty of business and law cause only one of mine is.

I is perplexed :s
Yes, because you're doing the lesser Arts/Law as opposed to the superior Com/Law, that means you fail at life. :D

Yeah, you can't apply for it. But that's not the point, my attempt at humour has completed passed over your head. :(

HSC
Yes, because you're doing the lesser Arts/Law as opposed to the superior Com/Law, that means you fail at life. :D

Yeah, you can't apply for it. But that's not the point, my attempt at humour has completed passed over your head. :(
Got the joke, but when it comes to me getting free money for free I'm very srs.

And yeah, Com is fair superior - all the commerce kids I run into are pretty cool. Like this one guy had a signiture strat which I recognised would have set him back well over $3K, 2 Cole Clarks and an Albatross (all really expensive guitars) and I'm like 'cool beans'!

And that's my story about Commerce kids. Stay tuned for the next episode where I tell you how my mate in ancient history rocked up in a leather jacket and I was entertained for a whole 15 minutes.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Econ kids are fun to laugh at. Why so serious? Everything must be argued or they will implode. One side only. Rah rah rah wank wank wank. That's all I hear.

Nb. Am not economically-minded unless rationalising clothing purchases :eek:

Edit: Does anyone know if the uni memorabilia shop is open on weekends, even if it's just a small window on Saturday morning? I really don't want to have to schedule a fucking appointment haha.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Edit: Does anyone know if the uni memorabilia shop is open on weekends, even if it's just a small window on Saturday morning? I really don't want to have to schedule a fucking appointment haha.
No luck, emerie.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Gay.
Go make Corinne try the hoodie on and take pics. We're basically the same size. Then I'll order online lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)