2009 Crime Fiction assessment tasks (1 Viewer)

sunsettah

HSC
Hey guys.

I have an assessment task at the moment - which is huge.

I haven't started it.. it was due last week lol.

It's a viva voce - viewing/representing/researching task.

I have to design three book covers (each representing a different sub-genre) including a 200 word blurb on the back...

I have to 'actively engage with a variety of different sub genres, derived from a variety of different text types'

Document my research, observations of the three sub-genres & their conventions..

So yeah - hand in that research.

Then do a 20 minute viva voce presentation where i present, discuss and explain my 'dust jacket' designs and how they represent the genres with layout, the blurb, symbols, graphics, etc.

I have to also choose one of the book covers that I have developed, and write one chapter of the novel (first, middle, last - whatever) to match the cover.

The chapter must clearly demonstrate the conventions of the sub-genre and should be about 1000 words.

I've written that chapter, and I've got research notes from earlier in the year on sub-genres - but apart from that I have no creative blurb or drawing ideas, and I can't draw for the life of me... lol.

Has anyone else got this assignment? What ones have you guys been getting?

Last edited:

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Jesus Christ on a pogo stick that is a retarded assessment.
possibly even more retarded than the fact that you haven't started it a week after it's due.
hahahahaha

xXIDPeace

HSC
THis has got to be at least 25-30 % weighting...O_O

Compared to this I've had it easy then, it's mainly been written tasks and hand-in essays with one 'tutorial' speech along the way (10-12) min

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)