2008 Volleyball Schools cup (1 Viewer)

Dare

HSC
Hey.

I was wondering if any other students from here were entering this competition.
My team were going to, and we've been fundraising for weeks to get there [we're in NSW...comp is in Melbourne]...and just today our principal turned around and said he's not going to support us going, meaning he wont sign the forms for us to enter...meaning we can't go. :(

His excuse was that "It isn't education enough"

I don't understand. >.< :burn:
Since when did anyone need an educational reason to compete in a sporting event??!?!?!

We're doing this in our own time [in Dec, after HSC exams] and we haven't asked the school for any money, we're paying for all of it by ourselves AND we'd be representing our school at a national event.

DAMNIT.

well. Basically.
Is anyone else going?

Could you post how you go, and tell us about it? I'd like to know how it was, anyway.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Dare said:
Hey.

I was wondering if any other students from here were entering this competition.
My team were going to, and we've been fundraising for weeks to get there [we're in NSW...comp is in Melbourne]...and just today our principal turned around and said he's not going to support us going, meaning he wont sign the forms for us to enter...meaning we can't go. :(

His excuse was that "It isn't education enough"

I don't understand. >.< :burn:
Since when did anyone need an educational reason to compete in a sporting event??!?!?!

We're doing this in our own time [in Dec, after HSC exams] and we haven't asked the school for any money, we're paying for all of it by ourselves AND we'd be representing our school at a national event.

DAMNIT.

well. Basically.
Is anyone else going?

Could you post how you go, and tell us about it? I'd like to know how it was, anyway.
i never heard of this event b4. seems cool but if it was my principal, i would say she will let. She always let us participate in any sport competition unless it intereferes with assessments

cjl247

HSC
Nice to hear from a fellow volleyballer. Yeah I'm going to Melbourne, pity you guys can't go.
What team are you with?
Similar deal with us - the school's paying for our entry fee, but the living expenses and travel we have to cop the bill. About a thousand bucks each I think. Not to mention our coach and MIC have to negotiate some BS with the headmaster, etc...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)