• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I hate it when they say that. It makes me want to not vote for them - like they're telling me what to do and think.

It's much better to go with "This message was endorsed by the party X" or something if they really must do it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
I hate it when they say that. It makes me want to not vote for them - like they're telling me what to do and think.

It's much better to go with "This message was endorsed by the party X" or something if they really must do it.
Na, the idea is that it enforces some accountability into the kind of ads/campaign candidates run - for instance, it's harder for Obama to get someone to say that McCain is a fuddy duddy when he has to visually sign off at the end

(in truth, they just get allied organisations- not the party - to say it, like Swiftboat veterans for truth)

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
h8 the CIA.. they're behind like EVERY government collapse. they're probably behind bolivia too

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i actually read somewhere that it is really an ethnic cleansing tactic the US army is using.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
i actually read somewhere that it is really an ethnic cleansing tactic the US army is using.
I read somewhere that they're brainwashing us with radio waves.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Today's Rasmussen poll puts Obama ahead of McCain by 8%. Today's Research 2000 poll puts him at 12% in front. Yesterday's Gallup poll puts Obama ahead by 8%. Today's Battleground poll puts Obama ahead by 7%. Yesterday's Hotline poll puts Obama ahead by 7%.

I have a feeling McCain's negative attacks are not going to work.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ull-brands-obama-pal-of-terrorist-952477.html

I'm sorry but this isn't even funny, it's a fucking disgrace.

For Palin to come out with the 'guilt by association' trick like that shows she is incompetent to an enormous degree or trying to deceive the american public. Either way, anyone who says this does not deserve to be in office. This isnt a small matter. It's an utter failure of basic awareness of not knowing the truth.

Any fool votes or shows a iota of support for Sarah Palin or the republican party should be dragged by the head and shot behind a shed. how dare you abuse what is little left of democracy.

Fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I have to agree. Obama was 8 when this guy was involved in the anti-Vietnam war bombings 40 years ago.

Not only that, but the first time Obama met Ayres was in the 90's to discuss education fundraising for underprivileged children.

Sarah Palin is a disgraceful human being and represents everything wrong with America these days.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Trefoil said:
I have to agree. Obama was 8 when this guy was involved in the anti-Vietnam war bombings 40 years ago.

Not only that, but the first time Obama met Ayres was in the 90's to discuss education fundraising for underprivileged children.

Sarah Palin is a disgraceful human being and represents everything wrong with America these days.
Desperate times call for desperate measures, ay?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Ben: The Keating fiasco didn't cause the present turmoil. But it does show McCain's fundamental lack of sound judgement when it comes to the economy and ethics.

Blue Chameleon: I just didn't think the Republicans would actually be this stupid in public. More power to them - show America how out of touch you guys are.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Tomorrow ABC midday my friends
There will be blood

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Not just any debate.
There will be mud and blood and gas and... camera shooting, darkness, human screams, talk of death
It will be a replay of the Great War, in all it's terrifying horror and scale

u-borat

Banned
HSC
"Sarah Palin has five kids. FIVE kids...Does anybody in that party understand the meaning of pulling out?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)