2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
how does the team i support change what i say? have i not bagged out the knights before?

if we look at each player at his potential best, you can't argue that buderus and smith are better than any hooker going around.

farah makes so many tackles, kicks so much and all that is partly because he has to. apart from benji marshall, who is out of form for the best part of this season, he is the next bloke in line to playmake. if he doesn't do what he is told to do, which is to take charge and play as he sees fit, the tigers would be spoon contenders. credit to him, he has delivered and i think that's why he should now be replacing buderus in the aussie squad.

it is not the players' fault that it seems boring to watch. if boring is what it takes to win, then we'll do it the melbourne way and bore it out. look at canberra, for example. sure, they play with a attacking style footy and i'd be the first to say i love watching them play, and you can expect them to move the ball no matter where on the field, but are they enjoying as much success as melb? in the end, i'd rather see aust win the world cup even if they choose to go with 5 hitups and a kick every set.

HSC
Nrl Fanasty Team

Link: http://nrlfantasy.foxsports.com.au

Heres my team so far!

Team Name: Twisters
Coach: Wayne Bennett!

1. Jason Nightingale
2. Brett Stewart
3. Billy Slater
4. Greg Inglis
5. Rangi Chase
6. Jaime Soward
7. Liam Foran
8. Dave Taylor
9. Ben Ellis
10. Anthony Cherrington
11. Steve Menzies
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Danny Williams

Interchange:
14. Matt Rogers
15. Adam Peek
16. Ben Te'o
17. Darius Boyd

stazi

Nightman
HSC
as the commentators said: what an anticlimax. really wish that 40/20 was called at the end. brilliant game, regardless

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Come on Parra
Making a charge towards the finals
Got Feliti back in the pack
Krisnan playing well
Big T-rex Tony Williams on the wing
And Tautalina Tautai is catching the ball
Not to mention Fui Fui and Hindmarsh

All you top 8 teams better watch out for Parra when we storm towards the grand final!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS said:
Come on Parra
Krisnan playing well

All you top 8 teams better watch out for Parra when we storm towards the grand final![/SIZE]

pwned

HSC
Go All Saints George!!!! Big Dell bring it some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE gonna flog the Chickens next Friday night on Live!!!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
melb played pretty average, they were too busy trying to beat newcastle at their own game. the knights do have a formiddable pack, and they were lucky to get away with the one pointer.

dragons destroyed the eels, which means eels can't make the finals. canberra lost surprisngly to the cowboys - dogs for the spoon. i think folkes is one of the best coaches in league and in no way his last year at the dogs justify his career. good luck to kevin moore in rebuilding the team from scratch. it will be a few years until the dogs are title contenders again.

Azam

HSC
GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS said:
Come on Parra
Krisnan playing well

All you top 8 teams better watch out for Parra when we storm towards the grand final!
Mate for ur own benefit dont go down to the TAB anytime soon. Dragons are playing well hopefully the broncos will lose to the knights and we can hammer the chooks to get a home semifinal and make an impact in the semifinals. Dally M Winger of the year - WENDELL SAILOR ;) GO YOU DRAGONS

ledzeppelin

HSC
Very nervous about Friday night's game, although having Minichiello back is massive

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if brisbane and st george both win, the chooks will drop to 6th, which will make the fans a lot more nervous. in fact, if the chooks want a home final, they will need to win on fri. so their fate is pretty much in their own hands.

same as the warriors. i tipped the broncos. so if warriors gets up, then they are in the 8, knights out.

historykidd

HSC
wuddie said:
melb played pretty average, they were too busy trying to beat newcastle at their own game. the knights do have a formiddable pack, and they were lucky to get away with the one pointer.

dragons destroyed the eels, which means eels can't make the finals. canberra lost surprisngly to the cowboys - dogs for the spoon. i think folkes is one of the best coaches in league and in no way his last year at the dogs justify his career. good luck to kevin moore in rebuilding the team from scratch. it will be a few years until the dogs are title contenders again.
impossible to say. kimmorely and ennis will certainly turn around the typical bulldog attacking style imo, give it a bit more organization and cohesion.

HSC
Jason Nightingale is out, Brett Morris is replacing him for tomorrow night game! Unleash the BIG DELL!!!!!!

Come on ST GEORGE!!!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
historykidd said:
impossible to say. kimmorely and ennis will certainly turn around the typical bulldog attacking style imo, give it a bit more organization and cohesion.
if you have a look at all the premiership teams over the past decade, very few of them have been made by good recruitment. rather, they had good juniors coming from the grades and the clubs developed them to be top players.

i think the dogs bought kimmorley and ennis out of desperation to put some respectability to their game.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
wuddie said:
if you have a look at all the premiership teams over the past decade, very few of them have been made by good recruitment. rather, they had good juniors coming from the grades and the clubs developed them to be top players.

i think the dogs bought kimmorley and ennis out of desperation to put some respectability to their game.
the dogs couldn't just leave the situation as is though. it's a good strategy to buy in some talent, even if it's not immediately going to get the team up to premiership level (which i dont think the management is expecting anyway). there are good juniors coming into first grade - ben barba, jamal idris, john kite - but it's not ideal for them to do that in a very weak team with poor morale and no particular stars, which is the situation at the moment. buying a few good players gives the younger dudes someone to learn from and strengthens morale, which can only be a good thing for their development.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i don't disagree with kimmorley and ennis coming to the club, but like i've said, it is more of a temporary solution rather than a long term strategy if kevin moore is seriously thinking about premierships. dogs will need to develop players in their current squad and utilise what they've got, rather than looking elsewhere. but hey, i'm not the coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)