2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
I'm happy just to take the two points away from Newcastle
It was a pretty scrappy game, but our defence was really strong and we did what was needed in the end
Archer had a pretty terrible game I thought

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
rabbitohs are no longer at the bottom of the ladder, cowboys are now below them on points difference. ouch. of course, if the bunnies lose by more than 4 to the gold coast tonight, cowboys will jump up to 15th again. (if? i mean when)

in other news, buderus and gallen say braith anasta should replace bird for origin 3 (source)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
WTf at newcastle v roosters game.

What clueless muppet is in charge of the uniforms? they were practically identical uniforms, Newcastles being shit ugly.

Could barely see who was who on the replays.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i reckon the rabbits are going to stage a miracle comeback and win the minor premiership

Muz4PM

HSC
Exphate said:
24-23 win for the rabbits...now 15th. Fucking shit titans.

And lol @ the Carmichal Hunt FG. I'm thinking that it shoulda been a penalty for obstruction or some shit against Innis. That said, it's all over :(
Goodness gracious, LOL, that's breath taking. The Titans must have played pretty poorly though, but well done to the Rabbits, maybe they might make a respectable comeback of sorts from now on.

I heard at school something about the obstruction, but as you say it's all over. More importantly, how can a team like Brisbane, who up until a month or two ago were touted as possible premiership contenders only scrape out a win against a team with such a small foward pack? Some tough questions need to be asked, but meh, it's origin time.

ledzeppelin

HSC
NSW Team Game 3

Stewart
Hayne
Monaghan
Cooper
Quinn

Anasta
Pearce

Mason
Buderus
White
Fitzgibbon
Hoffman
Gallen

Gidley
Laffranchi
Cross
Tupou

---

the roosters friday's game v. the bulldogs suddenly became a whole lot more interesting

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Can't believe they picked Pearce tbh, and im a Roosters fan. Yeah hes been playing good, but i get the impression the pressure might be all too much.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, how about that, a debutant halfback thrown in the pressure cooker of origin - let alone an origin decider in front of 80,000 screaming fans. yet another fantastic decision by the selectors, who managed to bypass finch and mullen and went straight to the blokes playing halfback fulltime for the first season. what exactly is the deal with these guys? are the selectors hoping they'd bleed another andrew johns when they are nice and young and yet to prove themselves?

good luck to pearce, hope i am wrong tho. but say if nsw wins soo3, who gets the honours of the winning origin halfback, pearce or wallace?

Che08

HSC
I agree.. i do rate Pearce, but not for origin yet, hes so young and so inexperienced. They seriously shouldve gone Finch or Gidley in halfback..

But if NSW win then origin halfback will be given to Pearce i reckon.

historykidd

HSC
wuddie said:
well, how about that, a debutant halfback thrown in the pressure cooker of origin - let alone an origin decider in front of 80,000 screaming fans. yet another fantastic decision by the selectors, who managed to bypass finch and mullen and went straight to the blokes playing halfback fulltime for the first season. what exactly is the deal with these guys? are the selectors hoping they'd bleed another andrew johns when they are nice and young and yet to prove themselves?

good luck to pearce, hope i am wrong tho. but say if nsw wins soo3, who gets the honours of the winning origin halfback, pearce or wallace?
i'd think, despite the fact that bellemy said otherwise, pearce's selection was almost wholly based on the man who is playing 5/8 :shy:.

it'll make for a more interesting game I think. anybody who thought greg bird at 5/8 was a viable option, even in the first place, neck yourselves.

Muz4PM

HSC
I think Pearce was on the cusp of Origin, but I agree with blake and wuddie that the pressure on him may see him crack. However, if he can withstand it, I am sure it could be a sign of better things to come from Pearce at a representative level. I also agree with historykidd in that he was probably picked because of his great combination with Anasta. I think Anasta should have been there in the first place and Bird at lock. I hope that Pearce and Anasta play well, something which they may well do infront of a NSW crowd as opposed to a QLD crowd.

The only other candidate I think was Finch, I don't rate Mullen very highly tbh (but I haven't seen him play in a while, so that could be why).

historykidd

HSC
also, as a roosters fan, I'm kinda worried about the potenial backlash anasta and particuarly pearce will face if the forwards don't fire.

mullen experienced it on debut and if cross, mason, white et al. don't fire, pearce will be fucked regardless.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
it'd be pretty bad for anasta and pearce going into origin III with a lot of work on their hands and pressure. if they perform, it's alright but if they don't, they're going to get dissed so badly. but either way, its a bad position to enter an origin match, particuarly on debut

blakegman

HSC
N/A
if NSW lose whether Anasta's fault or not no doubt he will get a lot of the blame. As he has in the past.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
We're turning into a right old islander club :p
Last night's game was very poor by our standards, but good to scrape a win.
SBW's play in goal was pure hilarity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)