2008 HSC drama students (1 Viewer)

coutts1991

HSC
wow year 12 !!!!!!
no way....
YEAH i'm doing drama for hsc and am doing SCRIPT writing
pretty daunting but i'm totally committed ... anyone else doing script ? got any ideas?
:shy:

KatPadackles

HSC
Script writting would be so fun! Do you have any favorite shows that you enjoy? As you can see below there is my subtle admiration toward a particular T.V show, and i always write scripts and fanfic for it. I make up adventures and back stories for the characters.. It's fun and easy to do. You could maybe try that to take the stress out of it all?

And for the guys stuck on a monolouge, i was thinking a great one to do is from 'Remember the Titains'. You know when Densel Washinton takes all the boys to the graveyard and says that speech? I recon that would be a great one to do! Ofcourse its not as long a 7mins, but you could add in other particular parts from that movie. Just an idea.

studyaholic

HSC
Another Drama person....
Performance for I.P like about the other 85 to 90% of the student population...
I have a performance that I am refining, it's from "THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST" by Oscar Wilde...

Beauty Queen

HSC
N/A
Re: 2008 HSC drama students - Beauty Queen of Leenane!

Hey guys

We're putting on a production of Martin McDonagh's "THE BEAUTY QUEEN OF LEENANE" at the Seymour Centre in Sydney from March 6th - 15th and would love you to come along if you're studying it or if you studied it for your HSC recently.

It's an awesome show directed by Maeliosa Stafford who is brilliant and stars some pretty cool people.

It plays at The Seymour Centre, Cnr City Rd & Cleveland St, Chippendale, Sydney
6 - 15 March 2008 (10 days only!!!)
Times:
10AM: Thu 6, Fri 7 & Thur 13 March
8PM: Thur 6, Fri 7, Sat 8, Mon 10, Tue 11, Wed 12, Thur 13, Fri 14, Sat 15 (sold out)

Tickets: $32 / $27 / $25 for groups of 10 or more

BOOKINGS: Seymour Centre Box Office: on 02 9351 7940
http://www.seymour.usyd.edu.au/boxoffice/program_beauty.shtml

or just give me a call if you need more info or want to book through me direct on 0415 436 858 (Sandra) or email sandra@wildfiretheatre.com

Thanks hope to see you all there! :)

Smokee

HSC
Yeah year 12 drama is a bitch.

My IP is the only thing that is really going for me atm. I'm lucky I found my piece otherwise I would be screwed.

I haaaaaate drama so much, my class is so freakin talented I feel so dumb. I'm having so much trouble with the essays and stuff.

GAH

fractionalinice

HSC
Im doing an IP called Marisol. By Jose Rivera.
I adapted it from his play.
Im aiming for onSTAGE!

Its awesome and i cant wait to perform it. but at the moment were still working on the site specific aspect of the course.
which we should have completed last year but decided to do this year instead for some strange reason.
anyways thats over on thursday and then we focus on our GROUP PIECE!!
im excited for that.

we've finished all our australian theatre thank god. i didnt enjoy it at all.
Though i did go and see Ruby Moon at Paramatta theatre.
hahahaha the guy out of the All Bran add was in it. he is a really great actor, and i love that play.

i think im done.
for now..

Dare

HSC
Hey,

I've been doing Drama since year 9 [doing HSC now] and like everyone, I much enjoy the practical over the theory. My class has 10 people in it.

Havent really gotten into my IP yet, but my teacher keeps giving me ideas and scripts and trying to get me to choose one because he knows what I'm like. Lol.

I've done pretty well this year and I'm coming second in the class by about 1 mark. lol. Was frustrating having all the assessments due over a week and a bit. >.<

We've just gotten out group together for the group performance and have been discussing the topics....but every other time we've been in this group, we seem to leave it till last minute...and come out good. Guess We'll have to adjust this year.

geeksneedlove

HSC
Another drama person here.
Doing design - publicity and promotion for my IP on Private Lives. It sounded like a fun thing to do at the time. But, personally I figure it's better doing it than a monologue since I bombed last time we did one, purely my own fault for not remembering my lines, but you get that.

Never really considered doing Drama as a HSC subject, but I kept on saying from year 9 that I wouldn't do it the next year, but there you go, I'm still doing drama.

Can't wait to start on the group peformance next term! But considering my class has only nine students in it, I figure there'll be some arguments over group dynamics.. Considering a few in the class have already made up the groups and not everyone knows about it yet. I'm not sure what's worse, having two groups of higher grade performers and one group made up of 'middle' performers or them all mixed up? Anyone have thoughts?

Shoubadoo

HSC
Hola

I started drama in year 11. A tad late, but the year before I was on exchange for some time and other years it clashed with my other classes.

I have already performed my half yearly monologue and gp a couple weeks ago. I feel really happy with both of them.
Tomorrow are my two essays (Removalists, Summer & Streetcar, Our Town).
:S

shell6108475648

HSC
Hey
Im doing a set design for my IP...Is there anyone else out there doing the same thing? if so what play are you doing??? Im doing "Private Lives"

We have been concentrating on theory for a while now which is always fun with my teacher. She's the best. Coming from a performing Arts High School we have a huge class going through for drama. We have over 30 people but they split us up into two lines so we can only work with half the people for group devised.

shell
xoxo

Shoubadoo

HSC
In my class, all but one are doing performance for their IP.
We're a class of 10.
Set design must be interesting. A lot of work, I imagine.

pmg

HSC
hey guys, any chance any one is doing directors porfolio? I'm doing Visions and finding it a tad difficult to get underway. Good luck to everyone also...

lucilleM

HSC
hey hey
pretty obv i'm doing drama
I choose performance for my I.P and have just about finished... i think
I'm finding it really challenging within myself but [as gay as this sounds] i have learnt alot about myself through the I.P
I'm finding the rational hard though
meh!
Heres abit of motivation for us all though...
A guy from OnStage 2008, Eka Darville is now on Blue Water High the kids show.
I know it made me wanna up my levels
pushin through!

lozag

HSC
hey there
yep, drama for me, ek, last yr of school, i never thought i would see it coming.
but i am doing costume design, Top Girls for my IP. we have finished aus theatre, n brecht. the class has now been working on their group performances for the past week, i never realized how hard it actually was to think of an idea, but we just thought of the most random things, and actually now have some idea of what we will be doing. :)

judoka

HSC
I love drama, anyone who says it isn't a bludge is doing it wrong. All i need to do is prance around on stage a few times a year and write a so so essay, and the marks roll in. It probably helps that i'm working with some insanely talented people in my class, putting the gp in the bag. I haven't started anything for my ip yet, but i only need like two weeks to learn the lines and fabricate a logbook.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Sure, it may take only two weeks to learn lines, that doesn't mean the piece will be any good though. I've been working on mine for the whole of the two terms and it still isn't up to what I would regard as presentable.

Just a warning.

pinkyforce7

HSC
yeah drama. its pretty good actually.
im doing a monologue for my IP
developing a script from the movie 'Shine' depicting the character David Helfgott, who was a pianist who never grew up kind of thing.
i like it

Group peices? man my group is gonna fail lol....

essays are pretty easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)