• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Extended Response Question Predictions (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
So what does everyone think the extended response questions (Section III) for the 2008 HSC Geography Exam will be?

I think Ecosystems at risk question will be about traditional and contemporary management strategies. I think urban dynamics question will be on World Cities. Finally I think the people and economic activity question will be on an enterprise at the local scale, and assessing its ecological dimensions and future direction etc.

Thoughts?

bastrads

HSC
Yeah they wouldn't be too bad... as long as its not small town/suburb for urban dynamics... that would kill me seriously Morpeth is the biggest hole... haha but geos pretty hard i mean theres so much stuff to learn that prob won't be tested on like for urban you have to do world cities, mega cities, as well as the world city case study and the small town case study arrghh

henry08

HSC
N/A
I've never even heard of Morpeth lol.

I wouldn't mind a question on urban dynamics ina a suburb as we done Pyrmont and its pretty good. I'd rather that or world cities than megacities.

my1stpost

HSC
me too, i want it to be on urban dynamics cos i like pyrmont :cool:
i hope theres nothing on small towns and stuff.
back to studying skills for geo! :uhoh:

leee08

HSC
henry08 said:
So what does everyone think the extended response questions (Section III) for the 2008 HSC Geography Exam will be?

I think Ecosystems at risk question will be about traditional and contemporary management strategies. I think urban dynamics question will be on World Cities. Finally I think the people and economic activity question will be on an enterprise at the local scale, and assessing its ecological dimensions and future direction etc.

Thoughts?
If u look at the arc/ catholic/ independant trials they try and sort of guess the hsc questions...they did for 2007 and they actualyl guessed some right...
So basing it on that.. ecosystems at risk is either management of biophysical interactions ... ecomonic enterprise- i just hope its onto be local scale
urban dynamics- i hate and dont reli want to think about it.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Do you have the arcs/catholic trial? I got the independedent trial but haven't been able to get hold of the others.

samtheripper

HSC
no...i don't agree with you, except the productivity industry
and ur predictions don't make sense and doon't sound logic becasue they will not repeate the same question in consecutive year

prettypinkheart

HSC
I did the Catholic Trial.
The trial questions are:

- With reference to TWO ecosystems at risk, compare the biophysical interactions which lead to the unique character of ecosystems.

- Explain the results of the urban dynamics in a large city on growth, development, future trends and ecological sustainability.

- Evaluate the environmental, social and economic impacts of an economic activity in the global context.

lev19

HSC
i have been looking at the past papers and noticed a pattern in the urban places essay question. since 2001 its gone urban dynamics then mega cities then world cities..if this is right it means 2008 should be world cities...what do you think?

samwell

HSC
Geo essays are pretty predictable except the economic activity one. I am doing tourism and have to combine perisher in my essay. I think topic 1 and 2 should be alright.

henry08

HSC
N/A
samwell said:
Geo essays are pretty predictable except the economic activity one. I am doing tourism and have to combine perisher in my essay. I think topic 1 and 2 should be alright.
Why would you combine Perisher into a global tourism essay? A global economic activity (global tourism) and an enterprise operating at the local scale (Perisher Blue) are two different topics.

cs01001

HSC
I am guessing for

Ecosystem at Risk: Probably a case study on unique biophysical interactions

Urban Places: World Cities (demise of small town, dominance and dependence)

People and Economic Activity: Local case study with internal and external linkage, locational factors?

Anyone else?

michael.fatt

HSC
cs01001 said:
I am guessing for

Ecosystem at Risk: Probably a case study on unique biophysical interactions

Urban Places: World Cities (demise of small town, dominance and dependence)

People and Economic Activity: Local case study with internal and external linkage, locational factors?

Anyone else?
i agree except i think that urban places will be cultural and economic authority of world cities.
anyway i think that its bad to guess i rkn you should be prepared for the worst

Roga

HSC
People and Economic Activity will definately be a local case study. It's been about an economic activity for the past 2 exams.

tiger1213

HSC
They have examined the sydney case study once in the last 7 years, so i think it will be something on that, world cities/mega cities has been done heaps.

I hate the sydney case study haha

Smokee

HSC
I reallyyyyyyyy hope its not on sydney or whatever. I suck at that, i missed it in class. But i got really good marks for the small town case study so i really hope its on that
*finger crossed*

and i hope the economic activity is the small scale one

and the ecosystems if about management strategies

but i really have no idea whats gonna happen.

laifus

HSC
no i doubt it, the ecosystems question u think was asked in 2006. i had a ex hsc marker predict that it would be about biophysical interactions which lead to diverse ecosystems but other than that your other predictions are correct i think. i hope lol

T

Troy2287

60% of Geo is essays...far out...I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is Geo...NOT english!

lev19

HSC
lou071 said:
what do you mean?
60% of the exam is essays...
3 essays worth 20 marks each.
short answer worth 25 marks
multiple choice wortth 15 marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)