2008 Business Studies Exam Predictions (1 Viewer)

rushi32

HSC
i would LOVE employment relations as a extended response... it is the easiesttt !

samwell

HSC
Re: section 4 prediction

russianROULETTE said:
2002- global
2003 - change/emplolyment relations
2004 - finance/global
2005 - employment relations/managing change
2006 - marketing/finance
2007 - change/global

hmm, as a topic it seems to occur every two years or so, as does finance. global also turns up a lot, but i wouldn't say there's a discernible pattern (do you think the BoS would make it that easy? lol).

if there is some kind of two-year pattern, then i'm screwed cause it's marketing or finance and something else. but then again ER hasn't turned up since 05...

anyway, it's difficult to say, so study for everything.
marketing/finance and ER would just be the best. am tipping effextive ER with refernce to the marketing strategies and an analysis of the sources of funds for the marketing strategies this is for section 3 though
for section 4 am going global and finance although they may go change finance and marketing. 9/10 probability of marketing in either qsn and 1/2 for global .
lol we got abt 14hrs 10 min to hsc. Good luck every1

gen1991

HSC
hey,
In the business studies 2007 paper it asks that question about those ladies who want to start selling their clothes overseas and it asks you to describe one social or cultural influence they need to consider to sell their clothes there...

whats a social or cultural influence?

Ramboysf5

HSC
cultural influence would be the influence of religion in that country, e.g if they are forbidden to wear certain clothes then they have to design something new etc.

social i have nfi

green97

HSC
some of you have made good points, but i think we need to consider when the exam markers wrote the exam which was in march. As such we should consider them asking us about APEC or trading blocs in particularly. Also they may avoid employment relations especially the legal framework due to the possibilities of changing governments and the diferring reforms they would bring.

But i would love marketing to be an essay question.

AND to answer gen1991, social and cultural essentially are considered the same in the syllaus but i think you could discuss the fashion trends and whats 'in'.

AND to answer PUD09, i would refer to case studies to support every different point you make.

fleck27

HSC
Does anyone think there will be much ethical/legal aspects to the exam?
Cos thats the part that really stumps me- especially for ER, theres just so many points and argh- its like similar for each topic but different...

tabbaa

HSC
please global + change + marketin =]

or global + ER + change

any of those combo i would be happy with.. stuff finance :mad:

NLAngel

HSC
tabbaa said:
please global + change + marketin =]

or global + ER + change

any of those combo i would be happy with.. stuff finance :mad:
I wish it was like that too. I hate finance! :mad:

HSC
greeno2 said:
why does everyone worry about section 4. Fair enough we can be tested on everything and anything that is in the course. But what about section 3, because what is not tested in section 4 is tested is tested in section 3.
simple answer: because you don't need case studies in section 3 :)

i want global or change. finance = death (unless it's sources of funds). marketing or ER = vomit, would make my life harder but after all i've done today hopefully i'll be alright.

my main problem is that i sometimes find the wordings of the question so crazy. like the specimen paper question - i don't even understand what it means. hopefully we get something nice and straightforward.

jazzbaby

HSC
aaah this will be me next year! :S

good luck to everyone!

HSC
jazzbaby said:
aaah this will be me next year! :S

good luck to everyone!
lol, thanks 09'er - btw, invaluable tip - use anagrams to remember the syllabus! i wish i'd have known that, say, before two days ago.

cHoWiiE!

HSC
for god sake i hope there is no financial managemnet bullcrap! ..Oroton has nothing on that..

i hope its change ..e.r ..marketing or global..coz id be sweet..but if finance is on that paper in any part of the sentence... it would prove there is a God and he hates me!

Laddle

HSC
i hope it's anyting but global...
my class didnt even get to finish the global topic. it was the last topic and ran into our own time and we had to go to school during the holidays.

id love to see business management and change on there along with employment relations.

well, we will see in like 5 hours from now.
i've been up all night cramming.
-reaches for rockstar-

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Re: section 4 prediction

veloc1ty said:
I'm cool with anything but ER.

I'll shout a prediction though: Finance/Global.

Personally I just make up case studies or use my own knowledge, as long as you throw in business buzzwords and a well known company name, who cares? You're still demonstrating understanding even if they find out it's fake.
this seems ironic now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)