2007ers - What do you want to do after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

cupcake08

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Yes, UTS has excellent Communications courses. Whoo, UTS!
hmmm really?? ahh i always wanted to go to sydney but i think i may end up at uts now if its courses are that good. location isn't great though.

Lai said:
i'll try not to :) just want to get into uni (so it dosn't give my parents an opportunity to kill me :p)
lol well it seems like you should be fine in that regard. although some self defence courses might not go astray if you start to doubt your chances :p

Starflower

HSC
I'm aiming for the Bachelor of Creative Arts, majoring in Creative Writing (as I want to be a screen writer for film and TV) - and only two unis in the whole of NSW offer it. Those unis being University of Wollongong and Macquarie University. So I'm going to nose around and see what other degrees would lead to the career I want, in case I can't get into UOW or MU (or even if I don't get the UAI I need).

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I know I said this before, but just to motivate me again, B. Commerce/Law at USYD.
Let that drive you lol.

coco89

HSC
does anyone know what the uai entry is for dentistry in usyd?
i cant find it ANYWHERE!!

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
coco89 said:
I believe that is because the course is a Postgraduate one.

Starflower

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
There are other courses available that can get you a job as a screen writer for TV and film [btw that is an awesome profession!] At UTS, there is Media Arts and Production and Writing and Cultural Studies. You may want to look further into those courses.
Thanks for the tip :) I definitely will look into it.

tennille

HSC
coco89 said:
As Shinigami mentioned, dentistry is a postgraduate course at usyd. You will need to complete a bachelors degree (usually 3 years), and in your final year of this degree, you will need to sit the GAMSAT. If you do well enough in the GAMSAT, you will be considered for an interview. You will also need to do a Practical Aptitude Test.

For more information, please see here.

Sweet Saz

HSC
How do all you people know what you want to do with your life?! How did you decide? Was it a conscious decision or have you always wanted to do it?
I have absolutely no idea what I want to do when I finish school, which now is only 3 terms away. (Very scary!!!!) People keep telling me I need to decide but I don't know what I want to do. Please help!
:confused:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Tennille said:
You will also need to do a Practical Aptitude Test.
Is that the one where you have to do something with dental wire to show that you're not uncoordinated? :p

EDIT: Never mind, I clicked the link. I'm suprised at why USyd would be so specific in their site and even provide a video. Wouldn't people start practising for it?

jessdoit

HSC
Fingers crossed for law/something.
Then maybe Int. Studies or Arts...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Sweet Saz said:
How do all you people know what you want to do with your life?! How did you decide? Was it a conscious decision or have you always wanted to do it?
I have absolutely no idea what I want to do when I finish school, which now is only 3 terms away. (Very scary!!!!) People keep telling me I need to decide but I don't know what I want to do. Please help!
:confused:
Personally I read an inspirational book called "CBMI Internation: Heal the Blind World" or something like it, and it's an organisation where christian doctors (obviously there's no diff between christian doctors and non-christian doctors), paramedics etc freely give their time, energy, skill, and intelligence towards those who are in need in the 3rd world nations.
It contains individual stories from the doctors themselves about their contribution and experiences in making poverty history. All the personal stories are inspirational and quite sad.
Ever since i've read that, i've wanted to be a doctor and do voluntary work overseas. I'm still open to new ideas and choices, but for now i'm going towards that path, it's quite a solid path.

Starflower

HSC
Sweet Saz said:
I've always loved to write. What clinched it for me was getting full marks on my Prelim major Drama individual project last August - I wrote a script for a short play. Here's hoping I do just as well on my HSC individual.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Not to worry you still have time. Sometimes it the people that are undecided that when they do decide they know exactly what they want and are sometimes better off and more motivated then those who know early. But of course their is exceptions to that rule.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
pritnep said:
Not to worry you still have time. Sometimes it the people that are undecided that when they do decide they know exactly what they want and are sometimes better off and more motivated then those who know early. But of course their is exceptions to that rule.
I always knew what I wanted to do up until this year when I actually sat down and thought about it...and now I don't have anything I'm interested in.
:mad1: Damn thoughts.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though it's important to start thinking what your career will be in the future...so in Year 10 or 11 onwards you might want to surf the net.

However if you're still unsure, it doesn't really matter too much :). It's just the fact that in Year 12 you're already busily juggling the HSC, then you only have about a month or so to decide your future.

Jazz1989

HSC
I shall be the first female Prime Minister of Australia and i shall finally stop the john howard tradition of brown nosing George Bush!

apart from that teacher primary or secondary history teacher

Dave2007

HSC
I'm afraid ill have to kill you, jazz, because I'm also aiming to become prime minister.

No, serious.

Well, to start with I want to do arts/law at sydney uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)