2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
buderus is arguably the best hooker in the game's history. how you cannot see the brilliance of him really says something about either your ignorance or your biased opinion against buderus. farah was about the most experienced player on the field in that game and he turned it on, of course you'll see a great game from him when it is contrasted to the inexperience of everyone else.

cowboys is not a one man team at all. what about carl webb, matty bowen, jacob lillyman? you need some backups for your claims mate.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
if the blues dropped buderus and put farah in, that would solve their problems with regards to dummy-half running and general play kicking. farah is also a left footer too, and can cover halfback if required.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Did anyone see that dive by Gallon tonight? The tackle wasn't bad at all, and Gallen only pretended to be injured after it was clear the ref wasn't going to give him a penalty. Then once he did get the penalty he was laughing and there was an obvious wink at the opposition.

Sometimes its hard to tell if they have taken a dive but this was the most obvious one I have ever seen. We need a new rule to allow players who pull that shit to be sent off.

HSC
* yeah i saw that tackle, it was blatantly obvious to anyone watching the match on tv. they have to have that rule there, but i hate the way its exploited. it draws away from those who really are injured.

* buderus is a much stronger runner of the ball, tougher defender and player in general and his leadership is invaluable (id rather see buderus as captain than say mason tbh). when nsw were struggling to make ground buderus came in and made ground. farah does have the edge in kicking but i don't think its a fair tradeoff. although farah's in form, buderus deserves his spot in the team. bench perhaps but not starting hooker.

*farah at halfback is also overrated. like someone said he played awesome but he was only able to take control of the team because of the relative inexperience around him. i wouldn't trust farah to take control of a nsw team with the wealth of experience in that team.

* cowboys aren't a one man team, but thurston is obviously very important to the team. they lack direction when he isn't around.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
dont get me wrong, buderus used to be one helluva player. but now his movement out of dummy-half is a bit slow although his distribution is still good. his defence is also much better than farah's, and its probably why he gets tired a little easier than farah does. with queensland fielding such a big pack, imagine farah tearing down the ground, showing the ball with one hand around the fringes of the ruck in the second half? he'd cut them to bits.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
he'd also get crunched if he does those little show pony stuff. he might pull it off at club level but at origin it is a different world. look, farah is good, no doubt about it, so good that i reckon he is unlucky not to be playing origin because there's this guy called buderus on top of him, a bit like stuart macgill not playing test cricket because shane warne is there. but to say he should replace buderus at origin level is ridiculous, given the way buderus is playing at the moment.

if you give an allround game the piority in the hooker spot, then cameron smith should have replaced buderus as the test hooker ages ago. but it wasn't until last year when buderus gave up his spot that smith made a debut. why? because buderus can offer more to the team than the others, fullstop.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Cowboy's are a one-man team. BOwen is only good if Thurston plays and pretty both of two are there tryscorers or play makers.

Saying that - with Thurston they are damn good team.

Noone cares who is captain in NRL - its the coach who does everything. the captain is just someone who makes decision in NRL - and how many decision are there to make. 'Uh.. I will kick for goal..' or 'i will take the tap..'

ITs not like cricket where the captain does everything takes all the credit/ and shame.

Smith is shit.. I would rate him 4th or 5th in NRL at the moment as hooker. Overrated imo. Buderus is way better than smith. Farah owns them all, his ability to create tryscoring oppurtinities makes by far the best. NSW forward packs is good enough, and they just need someone to create oppurtinities to score. Buderus perhaps is too defensive. Smith is plain shit only reason he is selected was because Storm did so good, and QLD have a kick ass backline - hooker doesnt matter for them.

NSW lacks creativity - Farah is the one they need, yeah Buderus might be more exp and have better leadership skills, but NSW at this point have an experienced lineup , Kimmorloey, Hindmarsh, Bailey etc..

At least Farah for fullback - Mini is shit.

WHere did Payten get mentioned into Origin - that guy isnt that good.. yeah sure he had improved heaps.. but still not good enough for Origin.. maybe better than Kite.. but still.

mat2154

HSC
farah is a good player, but in terms of tackling, work rate and pure determination buderus is a better player. They will never pick him at fullback, hes never played there before. They can't put him on the bench cause he lacks versatility (berrigan can play hooker, centre and as a loose forward). but he does have a good kicking game.

HSC
im talking more of the captain who leads by example rather than the one who makes decisions. although i would like to point out that at critical times the decision to tap the ball or kick for goal etc are quite important when the game is on the line.

meh buderus is playing some of his best footy of late anyway. although farah is also a very good player he will just have to wait his turn or force himself onto the team.

i think nsw's lack of creativity is the least of their problems tbh. they dont need creativity if their forwards are going forward. if they do and if they can nullify queensland's the rest will take care of itself and they will win. look at the first half or origin one after queensland scored, nsw dominated. why? because their forwards dominated. sure its ugly football but its the only way nsw are going to win, and if that's what it takes, i wouldnt care at all.

HSC
Lol, Sharks won't win this year.
iamsickofyear12 said:
Did anyone see that dive by Gallon tonight? The tackle wasn't bad at all, and Gallen only pretended to be injured after it was clear the ref wasn't going to give him a penalty. Then once he did get the penalty he was laughing and there was an obvious wink at the opposition.

Sometimes its hard to tell if they have taken a dive but this was the most obvious one I have ever seen. We need a new rule to allow players who pull that shit to be sent off.
Haha, yep I saw it. And that wink was very obvious.

Did you see the elbow incident as well? IMO, that deserves more than just 2 weeks...

As for the Cowboys, they esp. missed Thurston, but their result would've been a lot worse (or better... ;)) if Matty Bowen wasn't there. And the selectors don't think he's good enough for Origin?! HA!

Oh, and if Minichiello does play tomorrow night, and worsens his injury... :mad:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Lol, Sharks won't win this year.
Haha, yep I saw it. And that wink was very obvious.

Did you see the elbow incident as well? IMO, that deserves more than just 2 weeks...

As for the Cowboys, they esp. missed Thurston, but their result would've been a lot worse (or better... ;)) if Matty Bowen wasn't there. And the selectors don't think he's good enough for Origin?! HA!

Oh, and if Minichiello does play tomorrow night, and worsens his injury... :mad:
I disagree. I think the elbow was an accident and didn't deserve a send off. We need to bring back 5 in the bin for something like that.

I would understand if the Cowboys lost because they didn't score enough points, but they scored plenty.... they just forgot how to defend. Surely Thurston doesn't mean that much in defense, or maybe it's similar to what used to happen to Newcastle when Johns was missing.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I disagree. I think the elbow was an accident and didn't deserve a send off. We need to bring back 5 in the bin for something like that.

I would understand if the Cowboys lost because they didn't score enough points, but they scored plenty.... they just forgot how to defend. Surely Thurston doesn't mean that much in defense, or maybe it's similar to what used to happen to Newcastle when Johns was missing.
Thurston is Cowboy's defense saw the match against Bulldogs- fuck that was awesome, Thurston did everything, tackle, kick, chase, pass etc - he FUCKen did everything..-one man team.. BOwen was only supporting him..

look at the first half or origin one after queensland scored, nsw dominated. why? because their forwards dominated. sure its ugly football but its the only way nsw are going to win, and if that's what it takes, i wouldnt care at all.
Dude NSW didnt dominate in the first half - they were plain lucky. HIndmarsh shouldnt have been given a try - he didnt ground the ball. it doesnt whether you dominate or not - it just matters if you win. You can dominate for 89 minutes and s till lose the game. QLD scored the first try within seconds.. u called dominating? QLD were all over them.. if NSW dominated in the 1st half - QLD raped them in the 2nd not just once but about 100millions times what NSW did in the 1st half.

Stewart at fullback will change things.. Farah at full back was joke lol..

HSC
note the "after the first try was scored." it was all nsw. queensland were struggling imo. yeah nsw got lucky at times but their tries came on the back of their dominance in the forwards when they were dominating.

nsw lost because they couldn't sustain that the whole game. and they couldnt match the queenslanders intensity when they lifted. which they needed to do. of course qld dominated the second half, much more than nsw did. but that's because once qld's forwards dominated the qld backline could run rings around the nsw team. if nsw couldn't keep it up qld was always going to win the game. and they did so. there's no doubting that queensland absolutely raped nsw in the second half. i'm not arguing that. qld took away the only advantage nsw had of course they were always going to win once that happened.

i'm simply saying that if nsw can dominate in the forwards for the majority of the match they will win. they have the better pack, its the only thing thats better than queenslands and they need to take advantage of that.

p.s. sorry about the excessive use of dominate :eek:

p.p.s. yeah i hope stewart goes well. minichiello was one of nsw's best last time, huge loss.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i don't mind stewart coming into the team, he is a hellova player, gutsy, tremendous speed and knows where to be at the right time. he needs to play his best game of his career if he wants to come back for origin 3.

so much hype has been surrounding the blues' forwards, i don't see why. so much has been said about being aggressive, how is aggression ever going to cut the mustard for nsw? they played well in the last game, bar the 20min when qld ran riot. their work rate proves it as well. if i was graham murray i'd tell the team to do what they did the last time + 20min.

HSC
wuddie said:
i don't mind stewart coming into the team, he is a hellova player, gutsy, tremendous speed and knows where to be at the right time. he needs to play his best game of his career if he wants to come back for origin 3.

so much hype has been surrounding the blues' forwards, i don't see why. so much has been said about being aggressive, how is aggression ever going to cut the mustard for nsw? they played well in the last game, bar the 20min when qld ran riot. their work rate proves it as well. if i was graham murray i'd tell the team to do what they did the last time + 20min.
aggression = what nsw lacked during that period.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i think mini is an awesome player, and he is certainly the best defensive fullback around. at first i thought mini should get a spot on the wing with stewart at fullback. my mate pointed out to me that origin isnt played at brookie, which is a fair point. i reckon stewart was definitely good enough to play last year, better than hodgson anyway.

im really worried about lyon and king on right hand defence. they may be good defensively but they're pretty slow when a grubber goes through and not that great to use in attack either. in the first game lyon tried to cover for mullen too much and the blues got caught out twice when thurston spread the ball that way since king was defending too far in. hopefully lyon wont feel the need to babysit kimmorley - besides telling him not to throw long passes...

SyCoTiC

HSC
All about possession for this game I believe not to mention the battle of the forwards.

CARN YOU MAROONS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)