• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Anyone else notice the pathetic attempt at making the city vs country look like it was important with the intro of players saying how they grew up wanting to play for country and how origin positions were on the line.

Horrible game... as I expected... as city country always is.

Kimmorley - Fail
Gower - Fail
Gidely - Fail
Anasta - Fail

If any of them make the NSW side after tonights performance there is something really wrong.

bored6

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Anyone else notice the pathetic attempt at making the city vs country look like it was important with the intro of players saying how they grew up wanting to play for country and how origin positions were on the line.

Kimmorley - Fail
Gower - Fail
Gidely - Fail
Anasta - Fail

If any of them make the NSW side after tonights performance there is something really wrong.
Lets hear your alternative to the NSW halves dilemma then.

Perhaps you'd like yourself at five-eight?

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:

Kimmorley - Fail
Gower - Fail
Gidely - Fail
Anasta - Fail

If you knew the game was going to be horrible, then why watch it?? :confused:

And Anasta had a good game, and he set-up one of the tries.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you might as well hand the origin to queensland
nsw virtually have no chance

HSC
jemsta said:
you might as well hand the origin to queensland
nsw virtually have no chance
And miss out on 3 quality games of footy?? I don't think so! Go the BLUES!!

HSC
meh o'meley followed the money and set up his family, plus gets to live right on the beach

bored6 said:
Lets hear your alternative to the NSW halves dilemma then.

Perhaps you'd like yourself at five-eight?
id like to see hornby at 6 and orford at 7. but with hornby out of form i dont see it happening.

the logical choice for five eighth this year for the NSW selectors as much as i hate to say it is braith anasta. and that in itself is so sad.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
If you knew the game was going to be horrible, then why watch it?? :confused:

And Anasta had a good game, and he set-up one of the tries.
I thought I'd give it a chance anyway... I'm not watching it ever again.

He defended well but did nothing in attack. The credit for that try goes to hoffman... that pass doesn't count as setting up the try.

Anasta hasn't been in form for 2 years.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
He defended well but did nothing in attack. The credit for that try goes to hoffman... that pass doesn't count as setting up the try.

Anasta hasn't been in form for 2 years.
rubbish, anasta is playing good footy, not great, but good enough to get himelf a no.6 jersey for origin. anasta is pretty much the form player for the roosters, he's a bit like gidley, their defencive efforts overshadow their attacking prowess.

the problem with city vs country is that everyone is trying to impress the selectors and played for themselves, not as a team, that's why you see 2 dummy half tries and no one throwing the footy around.

i reckon orford deserves his chance in origin 2, should the halfback for origin 1 doesnt perform. preston campbell, well, that boy will get his chance when we are running out of choices.

hence, i give you my origin 17.

stewart, king, lyon, quinn, roberts, anasta, gower, mason, buderus, bailey, hindmarsh, simpson, ryan; gidley, hoffman, watmough/kite, thompson/white.

obviously, subject to their form in the next few weeks.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
rubbish, anasta is playing good footy, not great, but good enough to get himelf a no.6 jersey for origin. anasta is pretty much the form player for the roosters, he's a bit like gidley, their defencive efforts overshadow their attacking prowess.

the problem with city vs country is that everyone is trying to impress the selectors and played for themselves, not as a team, that's why you see 2 dummy half tries and no one throwing the footy around.

i reckon orford deserves his chance in origin 2, should the halfback for origin 1 doesnt perform. preston campbell, well, that boy will get his chance when we are running out of choices.

hence, i give you my origin 17.

stewart, king, lyon, quinn, roberts, anasta, gower, mason, buderus, bailey, hindmarsh, simpson, ryan; gidley, hoffman, watmough/kite, thompson/white.

obviously, subject to their form in the next few weeks.
He isn't even playing good. He is playing average. He has been average for 2 years. He will probably get the spot but not because he has done anything to deserve it, just because no one else has done anything to take it away from him. He is the form player of a team that has won 1 game against another horrible team... well he must be good then.

Minichello will be fullback. I'd have Orford at 7 (since Gower has been bad all year) and 6 doesn't matter so much as long as their name isn't Anasta.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
But both eels and sharks are on 6 points each, so once eels get a match, they'll both be uneven cos eels are going to get in the semi-finals like they did last year for sure.

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
But both eels and sharks are on 6 points each, so once eels get a match, they'll both be uneven cos eels are going to get in the semi-finals like they did last year for sure.
Lol, that's not what I meant.

HSC
Minichello will be fullback. I'd have Orford at 7 (since Gower has been bad all year) and 6 doesn't matter so much as long as their name isn't Anasta.[/quote]

so sick of orford he has no chance, gower and anasta will be the halves paring. and after last nights match i would have brett white on the bench he was fantastic

SyCoTiC

HSC
They're all horrible.

If you were smart, you'd try Michael Monaghan. He has the build and the tenacity to play Origin with that bit of mongrel flair to him, can organise a team around the park and physically is more than likely able to match it on the field with the big boys.

bored6

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
They're all horrible.

If you were smart, you'd try Michael Monaghan. He has the build and the tenacity to play Origin with that bit of mongrel flair to him, can organise a team around the park and physically is more than likely able to match it on the field with the big boys.
I agree. He is a fantastic alternative alot of people seem to be overlooking.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
bored6 said:
I agree. He is a fantastic alternative alot of people seem to be overlooking.
I only overlooked him because I wasn't sure if he was NSW or QLD. On form he should definitely get the spot.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Backs for NSW:

K.Gidley- fullback
M.King and J. Haynes - Wings
J.Lyon and D. Collis - Centre , L.Lewis ?
5/8th - B.Anasta
Halfback - M.Orford

J.Haynes looks impressive. Gidley at fullback -Minnichello just sucks. Only Roosters player who deserves a spot probably is Tupou but probably he wont get in.

What are the chances of Farah making into the NSW side?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
dude, as much as i like it to happen, the selectors wont put kidley at fullback, brett stewart is pretty solid and he is a try scoring machine you just cannot overlook. haynes is too inexperienced to handle the big games. quinn, softly spoken but that boy is a gun.

i'd like for orford to play as well, but the thing is, the selectors don't, they hate him. it was the same story last year. orford and rep footy just don't get along.

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
They're all horrible.

lol this how badly the nsw halves stock has been depleted. contemplating michael monaghan. :rofl: monaghan, no matter how good he has been playing was/is still only filling in for orford. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)