2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
atreus said:
not only will turnbull be strong opposition, and he already acts like a prime ministe, but he also has the business and social contact the lib party needs to restrengthen the base and raise funds.

also, do the 3 nominees have running mates or will 2nd most popular become deputy?
Deputy won't be any of these 3, because they're all from NSW. Race will probably be between Bishop, Robb and Pyne (lol) for Deputy.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
withoutaface said:
Deputy won't be any of these 3, because they're all from NSW. Race will probably be between Bishop, Robb and Pyne (lol) for Deputy.
Ugh, Julie Bishop. The Maoists are coming!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Turnbull is too much of a high achiever to be electable, tbh. There's no way he can identify with the average Australian. That will engender an envy backlash from the electorate. Also I doubt that he'll be able to shake off his image of standing only for the interests of big business.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Strange, but I don't see it that way and from the people I've asked around Macarthur, nor do they. Those are just my observations of course.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, ironically, or maybe not, Turnbull seems to be one of the more liked senior ministers.

As long as it's not Abbott, cause if it is, the Liberals are gonna be a loooooooooooongggggggggggggg time in the wilderness.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Abbott won't receive more than a couple of votes if he takes it to the party room.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface in july said:
Polling says that the bulk of those who jumped ship did so because they want to "give Rudd a go", they did it because of personality. That'll change when we get into the election campaign and an incumbent government that has given the population tax cuts, border security and various other things will be returned because voters feel safer with what they know.
lol

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Anyone see Gittins' article today in the SMH? About how this was a bad time to get elected and that almost certainly the Rudd government will be defeated next election due to a long overdue recession independent of whoever was actually in control for the next 3 years.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
withoutaface said:
If Howard loses Bennelong I will eat my hat and post it on youtube. Anyone who wants to hold me to that is welcome to do so.

EDIT: And I'd challenge _dhj_ to match my offer if he's so certain that Maxine will soon be the new member for Bennelong.
Standing by.:)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Dumsum said:
Anyone see Gittins' article today in the SMH? About how this was a bad time to get elected and that almost certainly the Rudd government will be defeated next election due to a long overdue recession independent of whoever was actually in control for the next 3 years.
Bah. I expect that the public will be pretty well informed about that...

Did anyone read Alan Ramsey's article? Damn that was harsh.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
onebytwo said:
Standing by.:)
Next BOS meat this shall be attempted if someone provides the hat and camera. Proviso is the hat has to be soft material.

K

katie_tully

Back on track though;
I will eat my foot if Abbott gets voted opposition leader. There is no way I'd vote Liberal next election with him at the helm. :(

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Become a candidate for Nationals or something Katie. I'll move to Parkes just to vote for you. :)

K

katie_tully

I'm srsly considering it Stevo, first I have to take over CSU's Student Rep, then I will set my sights higher. ;)

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Why not? If you hate all the alternatives, become a candidate yourself! Katie '18! Woo!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Stevo. said:
Why not? If you hate all the alternatives, become a candidate yourself! Katie '18! Woo!
It'd be that easy to move to a safe Nationals seat and start stacking. You're already half way there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)