2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
cute.asa.button said:
Haha, so what does everyone think about the debacle plastered across today's newspapers about Rudd's blunder on the death penalty.

Seriously, I love rudd and there is no way i want to spend the next four years of my life under another amoral liberal government, but he is pushing it a bit far.

Go the labour foreign affairs spokesman who made their policy anouncement, even if it was bad timing. He certainly shouldn't be getting in trouble for simply stating Labor policy. Yet for some reason Rudd thinks it necessary to appear exactly like the Howard and forego Labor policy to comply with the government like some sort of lap dog.

It's weird, you would think by now that Rudd has realised that people want change - slightly different policy on things, a new outlook. Yet he keeps turning around and following the governments lead. And in this case, it is soooo hypocritical. Seriously, how can the government think it is moral to say "oh we'll protect Australian's when they face the death penalty, but its okay to kill off people we don't like." Supporting any form of the death penalty in any other country is basically the same as having it yourself. Howard might as well just reintroduce capital punishment and maybe Rudd would let that continue as well.

I really want to vote for Rudd, but if he keeps doing this, it will just be a dumby vote for a slightly younger howard to take up the reigns again.

argh - any one else uterly irritated with our politicians at the moment.
Seriously, give us someone with some balls and the ability to be concisely outspoken and forward thinking on important issues.
Rudd is, probably, more conservative than Howard.

Also elections are held every three years, might want to learn the basics of Australian democracy.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
the election campaign is already taking its toll on Rudd. I just seen his pic and realised he look really old and haggard.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
the election campaign is already taking its toll on Rudd. I just seen his pic and realised he look really old and haggard.
1) What election campaign?
2) Shut up

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Howard's 'new reconciliation'

Super-significant turn around! From pragmatism vs symbolism to equity vs apology.
Do indigenies really need to be expressly recognised by the constitution? I cant help but think that, having won the working-class vote for >a decade, he's turning to the elite in the hope that a fragile alliance of loyal blue-collars and curious doctor's wives will get him over the line (think Keating '93)

Other than that I agree that more needs to be done to fit indigenous Australians into the mainstream economy - the ultimate goal stemming from this burying of the hatchet.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks almost certain a November 24 election will be called tomorrow.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Beazley Senior dies.

Poor Kim. I think it would be a bit nasty to crowd out his tele obituary in the news with the election announcement.

Other than that , this is so exciting

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Iron said:
Other than that , this is so exciting
I normally love election season, but I'm already over it this year. Not actually sure why that is, though.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Triangulum said:
I normally love election season, but I'm already over it this year. Not actually sure why that is, though.
But it's spring! love is in the air, it's great outdoors - everything's positive and happy now that it's the end of another year and another rotten conservative government. Take joy in the slaughter ahead!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Iron said:
But it's spring! love is in the air, it's great outdoors - everything's positive and happy now that it's the end of another year and another rotten conservative government. Take joy in the slaughter ahead!
As a follower of the Way of Toby Ziegler, I don't want to tempt fate by saying that Howard will definitely lose. But it being probable does make me quite cheerful.

Unfortunately, before we get to election day we have 6+ weeks of electoral advertising to endure. Hopefully the govt has written off Macquarie, like they've allegedly written off Lindsay, and we won't get deluged by pamphlets.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Triangulum said:
As a follower of the Way of Toby Ziegler, I don't want to tempt fate by saying that Howard will definitely lose. But it being probable does make me quite cheerful.

Unfortunately, before we get to election day we have 6+ weeks of electoral advertising to endure. Hopefully the govt has written off Macquarie, like they've allegedly written off Lindsay, and we won't get deluged by pamphlets.
Well I can assure you dear boy - Assure you! that i'll be doing all I can to stuff your letterbox to the brim. Election advertising contains the height of this nation's creative marketing talent, while tapping at the dark, raw nerves which make up our fragile national cohesion.
And Zeigler was a pinko traitor in the end

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Triangulum said:

Neither Macquarie nor Lindsay have been written off, however the order that seats in NSW will fall, if they indeed do so, will be along the lines of:
Macquarie
Lindsay
Dobell
Eden-Monaro
Robertson/Paterson

Wentworth, Bennelong and North Sydney will all remain Liberal seats.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Newsflash: Howard has flown to Canberra, and will probably announce tomorrow, as speculated. Which means I'll be watching TV religiously all tomorrow instead of doing my archaeology essay which is due on Monday. Dammit.

http://www.nicholsoncartoons.com.au...3 Howard clears decks for election 226233.jpg

Edit: So if anyone hasn't enrolled yet, you might want to fill out this form (NSW) or this one (Vic) and send it express tomorrow.

Edit2: Poll Bludger sez tomorrow's and Monday's polls will show a 59-41 split in NSW/Vic and 'bad news from marginal seats' for the government. I believe we're due for a Newspoll on Tuesday as well.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Umm kind of off topic, but if I'm registered for state elections am I on the roll for the federal? If not I'm pretty fucked

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Umm kind of off topic, but if I'm registered for state elections am I on the roll for the federal? If not I'm pretty fucked
Yeah, the register is for all three levels of election. (When are the next local elections, by the way? The comedy that is Blue Mountain City Council only gets better at election time. Last election we had Kilner 'I own three houses, and if I win I'll buy one in the ward I'm standing for' Mason, he was gold.)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
It's probably to late to register to vote if you haven't registered already, chances are the writs for the election will be issued today. There is a slight chance of a delay because of admin things but I think after the youth poll the roll will close at 8pm this evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)