• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Lachlan18

HSC
jb_nc said:
Um, yeah, I don't really care about those things.
I won't even ask you what you do care about because Liberal voters often don't care about much.

But let me guess:

Tax Cuts? (Vote-bribes)
Christian fundie power?
More tax cuts? (More vote-bribes)

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:
I won't even ask you what you do care about because Liberal voters often don't care about much.

But let me guess:

Tax Cuts?
Christian fundie power?
More tax cuts?
yes, you see, i'm a chistian fundamentalist from the hillsong church and therefore,

edit: i care about tax cuts (and having a job and a good economy) because i like to earn money. im completely immoral and insane. we need a lowest MRT of 80% to enforce laborite values on everyone; to the union mobile!

lol, i bet you are doing a BA at USyd, aren't you?

Last edited:

Lachlan18

HSC
jb_nc said:
edit: i care about tax cuts (and having a job and a good economy) because i like to earn money. im completely immoral and insane.
I don't see how any of that would change under a Labor government. If you think otherwise, then you either mistakenly have succumbed to the propaganda, or you wrongly think that the ALP are a communist party. At least the ALP don't have plans of fucking the lives of workers by removing their awards.

jb_nc said:
lol, i bet you are doing a BA at USyd, aren't you?
lol, wotch me bash da artz degre guyz & show da world im from da lib party lol artz degrez sux loool im so hard lmao

= the intellectual capacity of a Howard voter. I swear, every single Howard voter I've come across bash arts degrees. Thank gawd I don't live these hateful bully-infested lives. Yuck. :\

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:
I don't see how any of that would change under a Labor government. If you think otherwise, then you either mistakenly have succumbed to the propaganda, or you wrongly think that the ALP are a communist party. At least the ALP don't have plans of fucking the lives of workers by removing their awards.
I honestly could not care if people have their "lives ruined" by these IR reforms, such is the price of progress. If you've lived in Australia since your birth and haven't taken any of the opportunities of this land up such as university education or a trade, you are a worthless idiot.

lol, wotch me bash da artz degre guyz & show da world im from da lib party lol artz degrez sux loool im so hard lmao

= the intellectual capacity of a Howard voter through and through. I swear, every single Howard voter I've come across bash arts degrees. Thank gawd I don't live these hateful bully-infested lives. Yuck. :\
Arts degrees are wastes of money. Congratulations on being a leech to the Australian taxpayer. Perhaps if you had chose a degree more valid to the real world you wouldn't have to worry about "why my [your] working entitlements are now gonna be shitter than before!"

Lachlan18

HSC
jb_nc said:
I honestly could not care if people have their "lives ruined" by these IR reforms, such is the price of progress. If you've lived in Australia since your birth and haven't taken any of the opportunities of this land up such as university education or a trade, you are a worthless idiot.
It's not progress; that's what you call it. It's regression.

If we were to appease businesses desires always, then the minimum wage would be $1. The price of progress does not come at the expense of the worker. If we live in economic prosperity, then we deserve to reap the benefits - not become more disadvantaged as a result.

Also, if you think along the lines of "you are a worthless shit and deserve to be treated like shit and have shit happen to you", then it's best to keep your comments to yourself since governments are representative of all people; not some people.

Go and live your angry life. It sounds pretty bitter and yuck to me.

jb_nc said:
Arts degrees are wastes of money. Congratulations on being a leech to the Australian taxpayer. Perhaps if you had chose a degree more valid to the real world you wouldn't have to worry about "why my [your] working entitlements are now gonna be shitter than before!"
Stupid comment.

If you're after education and training that'll give you a good job, then you'd be better off going to TAFE.

Universities are there to produce thinkers, not skilled workmen, etc. Society needs these people as they are why scientific and cultural advancement flourishes. Choosing to live such a hateful angry life is pretty tiring. Don't you ever get bored hating the world?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:

If we were to appease businesses desires always, then the minimum wage would be $1. The price of progress does not come at the expense of the worker. If we live in economic prosperity, then we deserve to reap the benefits - not become more disadvantaged as a result.
Here is regression: subsidies, quotas, tariffs, unions.

Hmm, kinda sounds like, 100 years ago. Keep it mind that these things would be best for the "average" worker (i.e. meaning someone who works a menial trade with no skills). Better revert back to a 1900's IR act.

Also, if you think along the lines of "you are a worthless shit and deserve to be treated like shit and have shit happen to you", then it's best to keep your comments to yourself since governments are representative of all people; not some people.
OMG. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it!!!!!!!!!!

Only Laborite hacks appreciate the true beauty of life. Tell me more, "thinker".

Stupid comment.

If you're after education and training that'll give you a good job, then you'd be better off going to TAFE.

Universities are there to produce thinkers, not skilled workmen, etc. Society needs these people as they are why scientific and cultural advancement flourishes. Choosing to live such a hateful angry life is pretty tiring. Don't you ever get bored hating the world?
It's nice that you've convinced yourself that your degree qualifies you to become a "thinker".-- Maybe if you went to Oxford or Cambridge, I'd give that to you -- Well, you can do lots of thinking when you've got nothing to do but lay bricks or take food orders. Those hundreds of BA graduates every year go on to philosophise better than Socrates.

And TAFE in no way compares to a B Com/B Eng/MBBS/LLB/B Vet Sc or a B Sc

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Lachlan18 said:

Stupid comment.

Your second paragraph is regressive because it implies that the majority of people don't deserve a university education.

You fail hard.

Stott Despoja

HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:

= the intellectual capacity of a Howard voter. I swear, every single Howard voter I've come across bash arts degrees. Thank gawd I don't live these hateful bully-infested lives. Yuck. :\
That's because it's much better to be a bully with a 'social conscience', right?

I find it strange that so many people criticise Mr Howard for being a 'fundie' yet they seemingly ignore Mr Rudd's own religious leanings. Guess what, guys, Mr Rudd is nothing more than a younger version of Mr Howard who happens to be a member of the ALP. I was going to say that in a party-room sense Mr Rudd seems more restrained than Mr Howard, but I have a feeling that it's more the ALP's structure than Mr Rudd's character that is keeping the ALP leader in check.

Personally, I'm not that excited about my two-party preferred options come the election. IR aside, there isn't a great deal separating the two major parties - even the issue of Climate Change may be best described as being a contest between different forms of rhetoric as opposed to policies awaiting implementation. Sure, education, health, welfare, indigenous welfare, etc. all to some degree represent points of difference between the two parties, but I find it hard to imagine that an ALP dominated by the Right would be any different to the Coalition when it comes to such policies being enacted at the grass roots level. In immigration and foreign affairs there's likely to be little difference (keep in mind that the ALP is merely in favour of withdrawing Australian troops from Iraq, not the Middle East in its entirety), and both major parties have already flagged telecommunication strategies that leave much to be desired. Even the prospect of a greater degree of cooperation (even if it's just in a superficial sense) between the states and the federal government doesn't seem all that attractive given that it may well turn the federal wing of the Liberal Party into something that much resembles the various state wings of the Party - poorly staffed, ineffective and largely ignored. Sure, this may seem like a great outcome to many, but the country needs a strong Liberal Party (and by extension a viable Coalition) if it's to ensure that our democracy functions as it should, and that's despite the Coalition's recent antics regarding parliamentary processes, funding and grants and electoral laws.

Anyway, I'll be directing my preferences to the ALP, but I'm under no illusion as to what I should expect a year or two down the track (should the ALP take the Lower House and the Coalition lose its majority in the Senate, that is). In general terms, the ALP policy platform loosely aligns with my political point of view, but as a party controlled by hacks and driven by populist sentiment, the ALP is hardly going to be any more progressive (or regressive, for that matter) than the current Coalition. It isn't what many would call a choice between the lesser of two evils, but it's hardly a choice that inspires a great deal of confidence.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
Your second paragraph is regressive because it implies that the majority of people don't deserve a university education.

You fail hard.
Only the élite thinkers of a society deserve a BA in gender studies!!!!!!

Lachlan18

HSC
jb_nc said:
Here is regression: subsidies, quotas, tariffs, unions.
Any indication that subsidies, quotas, and tariffs will go up? OMG THE UNIONS ARE INVADING WATCH OUT AND RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THEY WANT TO ENSURE THAT MY WORKING CONDITIONS ARE FINE! HOW DARE THEY!1111

jb_nc said:
Hmm, kinda sounds like, 100 years ago. Keep it mind that these things would be best for the "average" worker (i.e. meaning someone who works a menial trade with no skills). Better revert back to a 1900's IR act.
The pro-IR ad states that Australia's standard of life will drop.

Yet, all the top countries are amazingly Scandinavian countries which all happen to have lots more protection in their workplace systems.

I am sure that the thought of a government claiming to represent "working families" and then slapping in the face by legislating unfair stupid laws that are much more indicative of the 1900s than 2007 would not go down well in many other countries.

jb_nc said:
OMG. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it!!!!!!!!!!
You don't have the best interests of the country at heart = your statements are inferior.

jb_nc said:
Only Laborite hacks appreciate the true beauty of life. Tell me more, "thinker".
Nah, but looking at your post, you come across as this one angry hateful guy who must have had one awful life, maybe one of being bullied, or one of most likely being the bullier and now throws his anger on everyone else. I never realised how awesome my life was until I met you! :rofl:

jb_nc said:
It's nice that you've convinced yourself that your degree qualifies you to become a "thinker". Well, you can do lots of thinking when you've got nothing to do but lay bricks or take food orders. Those hundreds of BA graduates every year go on to philosophise better than Socrates.
It's nice that you spend time crying over these trivial matters. Cry some more!

jb_nc said:
And TAFE in no way compares to a B Com/B Eng/MBBS/LLB/B Vet Sc or fuck, even a B Sc
A trade's a trade. Businessmen aren't going to build my house, builders will, etc.

Lachlan18

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

You fail hard.
Your entire post is redudant because it implies that you can't read.

You fail hard..er.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:
Any indication that subsidies, quotas, and tariffs will go up? OMG THE UNIONS ARE INVADING WATCH OUT AND RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THEY WANT TO ENSURE THAT MY WORKING CONDITIONS ARE FINE! HOW DARE THEY!1111
Yes. The Union boss, Adolf Hitler, has said that tarrifs will raise to 1000 per cent under a Labor caliphate.

The pro-IR ad states that Australia's standard of life will drop.

Yet, all the top countries are amazingly Scandinavian countries which all happen to have lots more protection in their workplace systems.

I am sure that the thought of a government claiming to represent "working families" and then slapping in the face by legislating unfair stupid laws that are much more indicative of the 1900s than 2007 would not go down well in many other countries.
who cares

You don't have the best interests of the country at heart = your statements are inferior.
tell me more about your nationalistic jingoism

Nah, but looking at your post, you come across as this one angry hateful guy who must have had one awful life, maybe one of being bullied, or one of most likely being the bullier and now throws his anger on everyone else. I never realised how awesome my life was until I met you! :rofl:
lol

It's nice that you spend time crying over these trivial matters. Cry some more!
lol

A trade's a trade. Businessmen aren't going to build my house, builders will, etc.
tbqh no one is going to build you a house. you read arts.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Lachlan18 said:
Your entire post is redudant because it implies that you can't read.

You fail hard..er.
No I'm quite capable of reading, you just haven't thought through the unintended consequences of what you said.

See if only "thinkers" who are needed for "cultural advancement" attend university, this will always represent only a very small portion of the population, far smaller than the number that currently attend university. I don't know about you but most people with vocational degrees don't become philosophers.

Now as a society gets richer, the level of education tends to rise. So there's nothing wrong with people who are actually going to enter the workforce attending university. This is possible because we are all reaping the benefits of economic prosperity. It's just that you believe that relative poverty is more important than absolute poverty (which is just stupid) so you don't notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-FTRZMwVw

Lachlan18

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
See if only "thinkers" who are needed for "cultural advancement" attend university, this will always represent only a very small portion of the population, far smaller than the number that currently attend university. I don't know about you but most people with vocational degrees don't become philosophers.

Now as a society gets richer, the level of education tends to rise. So there's nothing wrong with people who are actually going to enter the workforce attending university. This is possible because we are all reaping the benefits of economic prosperity. It's just that you believe that relative poverty is more important than absolute poverty (which is just stupid) so you don't notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-FTRZMwVw
Every degree/trade in University or TAFE fulfils a purpose and given that Universities were established as centres of thought, it would be redundant to claim that Arts degrees are irrelevant. Many courses in humanities, arts and natural sciences could be deemed of little value with regards to employment, but it doesn't make them less relevant because they don't generate greater profits for businesses. Without them, scientific and cultural advancement would be slowed. Universities primarily are there to create thinkers, so bashing people that actually fulfil its purpose makes no sense to me. There is nothing wrong with people entering the workforce through University - a huge amount of people use it as a means to enhance their career prospects - but another significant amount of people also use it to enhance their knowledge, which shouldn't come under attack by angry people that think University is ONLY there to create workers.

And this is off topic and boring, so [more words here].

volition

arr.
HSC
Lachlan18 said:
But let me guess:

Tax Cuts? (Vote-bribes)
Christian fundie power?
More tax cuts? (More vote-bribes)
You know what I think is sad? That you think getting to keep more of your own money is a 'bribe'.

Lachlan18

HSC
Musk said:
I nominate this post for the largest amount of bullshit anyone has ever heard

Anyone second this?
Wtf? Hahaha. Stop crying and move on with your life!

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:
Wtf? Hahaha. Stop crying and move on with your life!
maybe you should stop crying about how truly great this coalition government is and get on with your life

Lachlan18

HSC
Musk said:
Well that doesn't make any sense considering the simply logical fact that I'm laughing at you, not crying.
Denial.

Musk said:
Nevertheless, its quite obvious that you lack any mental capacity whatsoever, I think Dolly Magazine is a much appropriate place for your mental skills.
Continues crying.

Next?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Labor's slogan for the election: 'New Leadership'. Although parties tend not to stick to their slogans as much as they used to. The 2004 ALP campaign, for instance, was fairly inconsistent in its use of 'Opportunity for all Australians' or whatever it was.

Plan For Australia's Future:

(If Labor is bringing back the pledge card, more power to them. They use them in the UK and I reckon they're awesome. Now all we need is formal, published election manifestos.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)