2007 essay question-help!!!! (1 Viewer)

lyk-wateva

HSC
Outline the external sources of change for a business to expand internationally, and critically analyse the strategies a business may use to manage employment relations in a global environment.

i'm confused about the bit where it says analyse strategies a business may use to manage employment relations in global environment.....

do they mean effective employment relations like rewards and communication systems or is it the managing employment relations which is the staffing, organisational structure etc....

is external sources like changing nature of markets, economic or political etc....

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Refer to the business studies syllabus. Heres the link:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/businessstudies_syl.pdf

Page 36 under "Managing Global Business", specifically the dot point "Employment relations". All those dashes under it are the strategies:
– organisational structure
– staffing
– shortage of skilled labour
– labour law variations
– minimum standards of labour​
– ethnocentric/polycentric/geocentric staffing system

Thats the section of the syllabus they're refering to.

Good luck.

1337z4u12

HSC
yeah this question is difficult im attempting it now.

So far the OUTLINE part is external influences
- changing nature of markets
- economic
- financial
- geographic
- social
- legal
- political
- technological

Then there is the critically analyse part... i thought i would focus on using organisational structure and staffing system to combat ER problems in global biz such as shortage of skilled labour, labour law variations, min standards of labour

BUT

that is a shitload to put in a essay... not to mention extremely difficult to integrate the two aspects of the question into a flowing argument. I cant believe the recommended HSC time to do a extended response is 35 minutes. I would need at LEAST and hour to tackle this bad boy.

blondeTOTHEMAX

HSC
-

Although you may link the external sources of change to the Business Management and Change topic it is difficult to relate them in the Global context.
As you are analysing the effect of these external changes in expanding internationally i would consider the external sources of change to be:

1. Financial/economic influences (currency fluctuations, interest rates)
2. Political influences
3. Legal influences
4. Social/Cultural influences (demographics, religion, language,etc)

:spin: MATHS 3UNIT.ENGLISH STD.BUSINESS STUDIES.CHEMISTRY.MUSIC 1:music:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)